main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Yeah...well.....um......WE laugh when YOU guys think that 100 degrees with a 99% humidity is a heat wave, LOLOLOL!!!! ;) Just kidding, of course! 8-}

OK, it's official. I hate the new minivan. I've just gotten my second speeding ticket since we got the thing 4 months ago. I can't seem to adjust to the smooth ride, lol. Looks like it's Driving School for me. <roll eyes>

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    A moment of silence, please to honor a great man...

Rest in peace, Mr. Rogers.

:(

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..
    A Beautiful day in the neighborhood...

*sigh*

:(
    priya

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The neighborhood will never be the same. :( May his gentle spirit live on in the hearts of children and adults everywhere.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Godspeed Mr. Rogers.

6. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    He's one of the very rare few who left the world a better place than when he entered it.

:( R.I.P. Mr Rogers.

7. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    <~~~~ I found an icon for you Tim. :D

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Today I remember what it was like to lose Jim Henson- as if a vital part of me has gone missing.
    This is the first time I've heard the news of Mr. Rogers' death, and I have to admit that I'm in tears. When I was a kid, I escaped from the living hell created by my father at night through PBS's daytime programming. Jim Henson and his Muppets on Sesame Street, Captain Kangaroo, and Mr. Rogers all proved to me that people can indeed be happy, and that there was hope in such a sad world, a small limited little world that only a small child can know, where daddy hurts mommy, where people you love call you nasty things, and your neighbors hate you because of the color of your skin. Together those three men created a world of fairness, laughter, learning, loving, and happiness that I so longed to live in, and in which I found consolation. I am forever in their debt for what they gave me, knowing that they helped shape who I am for the better.

Now Mr. Rogers is gone, but only from our physical presence. Earth was so much the better for having him here. There's proof enough in each of us who watched him as a child, waiting for that cheerful smile, those lively, expressive eyes, that effervescent charisma to infuse our very souls with peace and understanding. His influence, his character, his work lives on in each and everyone of of us who sat in front of the TV, always too close, anxious to be his neighbor. It wasn't neighborhood he defined for us everyday, though. It was brotherhood. That was his gift to mankind.

Thank you, Mr. Rogers. May God bless you for what you gave me, my children, and millions of others. Thank you. You shall dwell in my heart forever.

Sorry for the eulogy there, but I guess I had to say it somewhere.

9. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I grew up on "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" and was saddened to hear of his passing this morning. He was a very decent and sincere man. Public television will never be the same.

I hate winter. I'll be so glad when this ice/snow/crap is outta here. Dyersburg wasn't hit with that much snow, but we did get some freezing rain. Now we have a nice glaze of ice over what snow we did get. The streets aren't bad, but the station's parking lot has a lot of ice on it. I pulled into the parking lot this morning, and being the idiot that I am...I thought I would see just how slick the ice was. I got ready to pull into my parking spot and whipped the steering wheel quickly. Yep, it's slick alright. I came within an inch of broadsiding the station van....whew! What can I say, it was 4:45am and maybe I wasn't thinking too clearly. Naaaah. I'm just an idiot.

At least I didn't get a ticket. ;)

*Edit: We're on page 99...does this mean we're one page away from a new thread?

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hehehehe....Good jab there, Steja!

A few extras:

Message from Mr. Rogers

And I couldn't help but cry as I read the letters that were pouring in to PBS. Check them out here.

EDIT- Yep....one more page and we find a new building, so to speak.

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ok, well i'm going home for spring break, and since its a combination of my parents 25th anniversary and a skiiing trip i don't know when i'll be back :)

watch me postsomething tonight hehehe

peace out!
    and have wonderful week!

Priya

12. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Priya: Have fun and be safe. Watch out for trees. We lost Sonny Bono that way.

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Poodoo, I can't go on the band trip, they don't have that much money, and they are taking too many people the school said.

Steja, you should know that whenever it snows, you are not supposed to step on the gas really fast, no matter where you are! :p

Priya, be careful! :)

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't worry about all that, Steja- I didn't even venture out during all the frozen crap.

Ugh.....Tomorrow we'll be going to a skating party for my niece. This is the very same party where Trace broke her arm last year. Can you guess who won't be skating this year?

Meaning that I'll have to venture out there with Emma. Good grief. I hope it's not my turn this year!!!

15. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    JJJ: Sorry to hear about that trip that you're not going on. Maybe they're paying their athletes too much. I suggest an NCAA investigation.

QGT: Are you sure you want to risk this? I mean...look at your luck so far this year. I'll be thinkin' about ya anyway. At least if you do get injured, you'll make record time to the hospital with Trace behind the wheel. ;)

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The score stands at Steja: 2, Trace: 0.

You may be right. I've been pretty much snake-bit this year so far. At least I know I'm not Scott Hamilton out there, so I won't be doing any stunts.

JJJ: Sorry about the band trip. It really pisses me off that they'll spend oodles of money on getting perks for their football and basketball teams, but they don't give a tinker's damn about the arts. It concretes my belief that sports and education should never exist on the same campus. If they want sports, they should do it as a private enterprise. The existence of sports in our educational system just adds to the breakdown of our country. Any society that thinks a man who can throw a ball is more valuable than the man who shapes our childrens' minds is seriously screwed up. (Sorry. It must be tangent week for me. That's about the fifth time I've done that this week.)

17. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    QGT: Okay...that was my last jab at Trace. Trust me, I know what it's like to live with a speed demon. I've lost count of how many speeding tickets sheja has received. I guess that's why when I drive we're almost always late to those meetings.

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Any society that thinks a man who can throw a ball is more valuable than the man who shapes our childrens' minds is seriously screwed up.

Agreed. Without music in our schools, what would some of the kids be doing? Music also keeps kids off the streets. It also gives them something to write about. Why, most of my creative papers in High School were about band, and my experances in it. My high school has always been giving us crap. You guys remember my Senior year when they told the kids the day that we were leaving on Spring Trip that they couldn't go. They were mainly looking for a way to get the band director in trouble. I still don't believe that they did that. I think that my Senior year they said that each group could only do one fund raiser. That is also a reason why I can't go. Of course they stopped doing coupon books a few years back, but we sold them too as one of our fund raisers. We didn't have a band show this year (nor last year), so that is a way we don't have money. One reason why we didn't have one the first year I was helping is because of the new band director, and the bands that were coming from PA were friends with him. This past year, I think it is because it would have just been really bad, and it would have been an OMEA competition, not a TOB. Okay I went off the subject a little... Conclusion: the schools that are big in sports teams hate the band. [face_plain]

At least we aren't shafted as much as the band in the town where I go to church. They are a really small band, but I think that they are still good. (They have around 35 members or so, but it is a small school.) The only income that I was told that they get is from the craft show that they do. They don't even get money from the concession stand like we do since we run it. They call us the rich band, I don't think that they can call us that now... [face_plain] (But another small band did get to go to Disney World the one year, so even if you are small, you can do a great many things. :) (Hey, we were invited to Disney, and to France! :p))

Oh, and guys, thank you for being there whenever I had to rant about band. :)

Steja: I help my old high school band, but it feels like all the money goes to the sports... (I don't like The University of Akron's band ;))

19. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Hi-dee-Hi!!!

Checking in.

It's about 11pm Monday night here so I'm gonna crash since it seems no-one's about.

Bummer about the music trip JJJ

Bye-dee-Bye!!!

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Steja: There are two speed-demons in this house, unfortunately! My tribal name is Speeding LeadFoot. (I changed it from Two Dogs F-....well, you know the old joke.)

I'm late for work, meaning that I'll have to use my tribal name again.

21. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    JJJ: Sorry about that. I just assumed you were in a college band. Still sucks that you can't go.

QGT: I, too, am quite lead-footed. I just don't have the reputation that my wife does...LOL
    I guess the skating party went off without any visits to the emergency room?

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Believe it or not, Steja, it did! Maybe my days of being snake-bit are finally over!

Probably not, but I can dream, can't I?

23. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Howdy, howdy, howdy.......

Just another chance to poke my nose in and help us all stagger towards that 100 page finish line.......

Or in some cases......speed towards it??

Anyne see the thing about the Ep 2-and-a-half cartoons that George is getting done.

Apparently the same bloke who does Dexters Lab and Samurai Jack is going to do it.

Opinions anyone? (Oooohhh look! A "Star Wars" conversation on a "Star Wars" board........Unheard of!!!!!)

JD

<<EDIT>>

See I'm not just posting for number sake....or else I would've made this one separate!!!

C'mon people!!! This is post 2473. The next one will finish this page and I'm pretty sure 2475 will kick off page 100!! We're nearly there.....c'mon....that's it.....a bit further.....just a little more....

24. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I saw the press release and saw the still photo (or whatever you call it in animation) and was okay with it. I don't understand the whole 3 minute thing, but Star Wars is Star Wars and I'll take whatever I can get.

On to the next page...I think.

25. The Lurker

The Lurker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 1999
    Greetings to all Starbucks patrons :D

I would like to remind all of you that there is an election going on for the Pres/Vice Pres of the JC. The Blue Yoda Party candidates, Darth_Envy and Leonard_Shelby would love to have your support, but if not, please vote anyway, link in my sig :)

//orders round of toffee nut lattes for everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.