main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm & Legacy of the Void (En Taro Adun!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm secretly hoping for Diablo 3 :p

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    [face_plain]

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Blizzard needs more Overlords!

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    seriously, where would they go in terms of storyline w/ Diablo 3?

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I actually felt that they could do a prequel that shows the Brother's initial attempts to take over Earth in their war against Heaven. Tyreal would still be around and Tal Rasha could take the place of Cain as advisor to the your character.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    good point. although Starcraft II would probably be better. to much left out there at the ending of Brood War. and i want to know what happens w/ Zeratul, Raynor, and that damn Zerg/Protoss hybrid

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They need to have more factions in StarCraft 2. The Xel' Naga, the Hybrids and a retaliatory UED fleet of some sort. The UED and the Terran shouldn't have to share a campaign like in Brood War.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    The Three Prime Evils invade the StarCraft Galaxy! 3StarDiabloCraft2

9. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    I think they should stick to three races. A big part of StarCraft's vast success comes from having three races. The first WarCraft games only had two races, and made for only 3 different matchup types. WarCraft 3 tried to up the ante with four races, and while it was a great game, it didn't have near the polish and timelessness of StarCraft.

Having three races formed a sort of Paper-Rock-Scissors mentality. When I say "Paper-Rock-Scissors" I don't mean T>Z>P>T or something like that, I mean that it allowed for incredible diversity mixed with incredible balance. The fact that millions of Koreans are still playing it nearly a decade later is testament enough to it's impeccable game balance.

10. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, the faction I mentioned should at least be fightable in the campaign, if not playable.

11. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I'd like to see a UED faction as well, but it ain't gonna happen. Maybe, maybe there is hope for a return of the UED to the storyline, because many Starcraft fanboys love it.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm pretty sure the UED would be thrown in there somehow whether they're a playable faction or not. you would think since Dugalle and his entire fleet get destroyed the UED would send another fleet to investigate what happened. i'd rather have Raynor's terrans as the playable faction. he's a more interesting character

13. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    The UED is probably the only faction with half a prayer of stopping Kerrigan as things are now.

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Meh, Kerrigan was at her best taking on the infinitely more powerful UED. She's not that interesting anymore now that she herself has become all-powerful.

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Brood War's storyline was stale, mundane at best. The better the graphics, the larger the harddrive space needed, the shorter the mission species' campaigns will be. The first couple of each will always be schooling ones, and the high end units---that the enemy always has---never appear until last mission at times.

:(

16. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    The UED was a very powerful empire. The terrans only have tiny fraction of their strength and they manage to stave of Kerrigan about half the time.

I remember someone ran conservative estimate of how large the UED's military is based on the population growth described in the SC manual and the totalitarian governement of the UED itself. He said the UED could probably afford to crew and service four million battlecruisers at a time and have around 2 billions troops.

17. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Is there anythign wrong with that? :p

18. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    But I'm down to my last one and I wanted to use it to ensure that Star Fox Wii gets released within a year and is completly awesome!

Also, this post is hilarious in the face of what Sony did.

19. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    IGN is reporting a foul rumor about the next StarCraft game being an MMO. If they scrap an RTS StarCraft 2 for a StarCraft MMO, I will officially leave Blizzard games forever and never look back.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah, i'd rather have an RTS Starcraft 2 then a MMO game

21. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I would rather an rts as well, but an mmo might be pretty neat. Id play them both.

22. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    QFT

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    What is this, national let's-take-an-amazing-series-and-ruin-it-by-making-an-MMO rumor week?

That said, you could do a game that combines elements from both. You've got players who play the game like an RPG, but they take orders from someone who is commanding his men through an RTS interface. It'll take a little getting used to having units that can disobey your orders, but it could also potentially be an interesting wrinkle on strategy, discouraging you from planning suicide missions and the like. Totally unworkable, but there's something catchy about the idea as I think about it.

-Paul

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Diablo III! There's been rumblings for a good while now. Though as for the story, that's as good as anyone's guess.

I wouldn't mind battling Belial and Azmodan though, see what they're like.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was a SC MMORPG, since it's obvious Blizzardwants to expand the geenres the StarCraft universe can cover, as evidenced by their attempts with StarCraft: Ghost (even if that one didn;t quite work out as they ahd hoped, it still echoes their intentions I think).

Still, I'd rather have an RTS SC2.