main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm & Legacy of the Void (En Taro Adun!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

-Brood Lords will cut that up.
    -Burrowing roaches, getting them into the middle of that pack, and then emerging around the tanks will cause the Terran severe issues.
    -Infestors can neural parasite the tanks from a surprising distance away. Try to grab a tank on the flanks, parasite it, and turn it against the marines. Fungal growth on the marines can be devastating.
    -Mass zergling/baneling can break this if used correctly.
    -Mutas can harass their base and troops steaming in, cutting down on what's actually showing up on your doorstep before it gets there.

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The challenge for the zerg is the timing of the siege tank push. It happens before zerg can mass mutas and it limits the economy. Since AJ was on two bases, the push was to the natural to limit economy production. Without huge macro, zerg cant afford to go toe to toe with terran. If zerg starts teching to BL, zerg can't withstand the constant siege tank push and the game ends before the greater spire is done. Also, if BLs do pop, since the terran has medivacs, it's an easy transition to vikings, which BLs cant counter and the zerg has a smaller economy and cant get enough of a ground army to deal with the continued tank marine production. If zerg goes mutas, it cant mass enough to take out the marines, since marines do huge damage to mutas in groups. It's a tricky timing push.

The thing that AJ left out is that in the second game we played, I basically went for the same timing push but he mass linged me, rather than getting roaches, and the game was over after like ten minutes. :p

I also agree about the banelings, they ordinarily do really well in that circumstance however, when terran has a contain on the natural, there being no third, its hard to do a lot of damage with lings/bane if the tanks are spread out decently.

EDITS: Typos and added some stuff.

3. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Also, AJ introduced me to monobattles last week. Really fun stuff even though my team lost every game I played. I'm just glad I haven't rolled random medivacs yet....

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Which I introduced to him. :p

Medivacs are actually very useful (as long as your team has a unit that can be healed by them obviously). One time I was Medivacs and a teammate was Marines and we won pretty much because there wasn't a time when his Marines weren't being healed. :p

5. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    I learned that fast expanding in monobattles is rarely a bad idea, since most times people are concerned about massing units before going all in.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah that's a must, especially if you have gas intensive units.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003

well it wasn't so much that i massed lings that won the game. it's that my scouting was better and I saw you moving out. so instead of waiting for you to come to me and siege up, I just attacked your army outright, taking away the one advantage you had. the tanks splash damage, while sieged, rips through lings.

8. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Well, having 10 lings to my NONEXISTANT ARMY is mass ling to me. :p

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Oi. Last night my friend and I were playing 4v4s, and all we got were Masters in four person arranged teams.

Ow, ow, ow. We won maybe two games.

10. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
  11. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Even though I usually don't like Husky's self-indulgent videos, this one is actually really entertaining, light, and funny.

HERE is the link.

12. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    GSPA finals are being streamed live tonight. Husky and Day[9] co-casting. Should be good.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I will be watching!

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    LOL @ 1 hour 20 minute game. That was beyond ridiculous.

15. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    I watched a few games but the really long ones did it for me. I had to take a break afterwards.

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    MLG Orlando starts tonight!

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Holy crap, Haypro vs MarineKingPrime Game 1 just started on Metalopolis. What does MKP do to start the match? Lift his Command Center and take it to the high yield. Hahaha I love this guy.

Apparently this has been done before by other players but that's the first time I've ever seen it.

18. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I've seen it a couple times. It's rarely used... obviously very risky early on, but if you can survive the first 8 minutes, you've got a huge advantage.

19. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Boxer did it against Idra as well.

Been a couple of awesome weeks for Starcraft, with IPL3 and MLG Orlando these last two weekends. Blizzcon/GSL finals this weekend should be awesome as well.

20. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    TL just rereleased more of their official jerseys to the public. The Small and Mediums were sold out within a few hours. I am lucky enough to have gotten one of the mediums only because I follow TL on twitter. Now if only EG would sell their shirts online.

21. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
  22. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I don't follow professional gaming, but I just found out from my friend that he was recruited by some team and played at this MLG Orlando tournament.

Can i say i used to live with a professional athlete now?

Also..HOTS trailer was SWEEET.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    What's his SC username?

Bitch bitch bitch. :p

24. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    it's what Zerg players do best. It comes with the territory of playing as the weakest race. :p

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    The thing is they might take out units too so maybe it won't seem so unbalanced. I mean, are they really planning to keep both Hellions AND Battle Hellions?

Edit: Case in point, that thread mentions that Carriers and Motherships are apparently out of the game.