main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive StarCraft: Legion Project

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    GM's: Pheonix_Rising

StarCraft: The Legion Project

Many years have passed since the destruction of the first overmind. Many years have passed since the Ghost operative, Kerrigan fell to the Zerg and dubbed herself the Queen of Blades. Now, twelve years after Kerrigans inevitable defeat at the hands of Rayner's Radiers, a new enemy has arisen...

THE LEGION PROJECT
    The Legion was formed about a year after the destruction of the second overmind. Jim Raynor and his raiders were conducting raids on the Terran Dominion for weapons and supplies. On one of their raids they found a group of 120 children in a sublevel of a Dominion installation. These children were candidates for the Ghost program. The raiders took the children and fled the station.

Upon returning to their own base, they conducted physicals on the children and found that while they had not undergone full ghost training, some of their latent psionic abilities had been awakened. If they did not recieve proper training, their powers would continue to grow and they would not have the discipline to control them.

Raynor took this problem to the Protoss. The Protoss agreed to train the children on the condition that they would not be solely a human force and would assist with the defense of Shakuras. Raynor agreed. The children began their tutelage under the Protoss.

The Protoss and Terrans were both impressed by the psionic abilities of the Legionnaires. Without the inhibitors that Ghosts normally possessed, their powers rose to match the abilities of some Protoss warriors, and in a much shorter time. Their training completed in about 8 years, and were split into ten 10-man teams, each with it's own specialty. To enhance the capabilities of the whole, the members of each team are rotated periodically.

KEEP IN MIND YOU ARE PROFESSIONAL EXTREMELY WELL TRAINED SOLDIERS, IF YOU WANT A COMPARISON...THINK THE MASTER CHEIF FROM HALO.
    Character Sheet:
    Callsign: (This is what you are called on missions)
    Age: (How old are you? All characters wil be between 21-23 years old)
    Height: (How tall are you?)
    Weight: (How much do you weigh?)
    Eyes: (Many characters have unique eye colors, sometimes this can be overrated so don?t over-do it)
    Hair: (What color and what style is your hair?)
    Nationality: (Black, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, etc)
    Team: (Team that you were transferred from)
    Base of Operations: (Where is your base as of now?)
    Abilities: (See-Legionaire Abilities)
    Major: (Choose 1)
    Minor: (Choose 2)
    Appearance: (What types of clothes does your character wear, on and off duty etc)
    Other Special Features: (Anything else about your character)
    Personality: (A thorough description of your character?s personality and quirks)
    Weapons: (Any weapons your character may possess)
    History/Background: This will not be a catagory, all characters will have the same basic backround.

Minor(Pick Two)
    -Mind Blade: With the Mind Blade ability, the Legionaire gains the ability to manifest a bladeof pure psionic energy(size depends on power of character).
    -Invisibility: With the Invisibility ability, the Legionaire gains the ability to make him/herself cloaked with psionic energy. This ability effectively drops them from all kinds of radar, heat vision, and electromagnetic sensors. It is still possible to see a Legionaire when it is cloaked, but it is extremely hard.
    -Feedback: With the Feedback ability, the Legionaire can use anothers own psionic power as a weapon. The stronger the enemy is with his psionic powers, the more damage dealt to the enemy.
    -Telepathy: With the Telepathy ability, the Legionaire has the ability to r

2. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    GM Approved

Character Sheet:
    Callsign: Doc (Classica-1)
    Height: 6? 4?
    Weight: 175 lbs.
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Black crew cut
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Team: Classica
    Base of Operations: Shakuras
    Abilities:
    Major:
    Mind Control
    Minor: Telepathy, Invisibility
    Appearance: http://www.stealthart.net/resources/gamerenders/Splinter%20Cell%20Chaos%20Theory/Sam-Fisher-3.png
    Other Special Features:
    Personality: Kevin is a highly sarcastic soldier when dealing with Zerg, and is very taunting when he is fighting enemy Terran factions. When off duty, he likes catching up on sleep supposedly lost when he was in the field, and very big steaks.
    Weapons: Pistol, Auto-Rifle, Grenades

3. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    OOC: I didn't know you liked StarCraft D_M

Pheonix Approved!

Callsign: Holocaust (Ferrata 7)
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 275
    Eyes: Stone Grey
    Hair: Long black pony tail
    Nationality: Caucasian, Russian from earth
    Team: Ferrata
    Base of Operations: Shakuras
    Major: Maelstrom
    Minor: Psionic Shield, Feedback
    Appearance: Off duty clothes include brown leather trenchcoat, with kakhi pants and white tee shirt
    Personality: Jehk is kinda crazy but reliable and very team oriented. Often fantasizes abot a Goliath with flame throwers attached.
    Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Pistol, Grenades

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: Just a note- The only guys from Earth are members of the United Earth Directorate (who were enemies of both Rayner and Mengsk before they got beaten by Kerrigan). Anyone else stopped being from Earth several centuries ago.

Technically, you don't have a nationality (or at least, not one of any real significance to us Earthers) as most of you originate on various planets in the Koprulu Sector, descended from the various settlers who landed there (some planets being the original crash sites for the first prison vessels (don't have my manual on hand) from Earth, others from those who expanded from the crash zones).

Hmmm... the Terran history from the manual might actually be pretty useful, along with other mentions of various Starcraft thingies.

For starters, Wikipedia

And Starcraft Wiki

And Battle.net, complete with pictures

5. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    OOC: I think Nationality would fall more under Ethnicity.

6. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    OOC: Turncoats exist on both sides of the war, Light. And who said that everyone who was from the UED Died or fled? Maybe somebody besides the UED came? They proved it was possible to reach this galaxy, why stop at that? Who's to say a crazy russian didn't catapult himself and his family into space to escape the oppression on the planet? I made this character with those possiblities in mind, not just a copy and paste job. I apprieciate your concern, and see where you are coming from, but I don't see the reason why a character could not have come from our little blue planet a long long time ago.

7. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    GM Intervention:no need to get jumpy people, Light wasn't in the wrong on anything but neither was Arclite. I too, was opening up the possibilities of survivors from the original UED, or a group of high class settlers that have somehow worked their way through the chaos of paperwork to get to the colonies...which was going to be a main plotline, but it's not a secret anymore...

Also, i don't expect their to be much more OOC clutter from now on. I'm working on the first post and recruiting more players, so if anyone knows anyone, TELL THEM TO JOIN!!! I promise it will be fun, especially if you guys throw things at me that I would have never expected.

8. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    OOC: Well, I for one know I'l be doing the unexpected in Reynar's new RPG. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.