main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive StarCraft: The Legion Project

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Pheonix_Rising, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    BloodBath

Armory aboard the Golden Raven

Bloodbath had asked a question to the weapon's tech; "If the Tactical suit triples our strength, why can't we carry a double set of weapons. The weight would be negligible."

To which the Tech answered: "Because your encumbrance wouldn't be. And because that is what my orders said to give you. I personally think that is more than you will need. But I have my orders, and so do you. Make do with what you are given."

"Yes, sir." Bloodbath said as he gave a nod and dropped the subject altogether. As a soldier, he would do as ordered and accomplish the mission. As a warrior, he would do whatever he needed to do, to survive it.

The Tech continued with the briefing and provided a neural undersuit which was required to operate the suit of armour. Bloodbath took one, and quickly changed into it. He couldn't deny a sense of excitement at the prospect of donning the suit or armour. What beautiful damage one could do in it, he meant to find out.

Soon, Bloodbath returns and sees the 'suit-up' demonstration. He hopes no one sees his initial reaction once the CO began to slide into the suit of armour. Bloodbath is left with no choice but to bite down on his tongue to get out of drool mode. Pain was good to him that way, it kept him focused.

Bloodbath watches as the CO attempts walking in the suit and takes mental notes.

"Take it slow to start." The tech says. "Because of the increased speed your motions will be exaggerated until you get the hang of it. Just practice moving around for a bit." He handed her the helmet. "Just slip it on and the neck seals will engage automatically."

Hmmm...that reminded him of sensitivity training. Very good to know.

Once she has her helmet on, the Tech turns to the other Legionnaires. "Were you all paying attention?

Only if he knew how much.

"Now you get to do it." said the Tech, as he readies the next armor. Without hesitation, Bloodbath is there, suiting up. As he goes through the process, he sees another Legionnaire enter the room. A female, about 5'4'' and 120 lbs. He over hears the name "Hot Shot" and finds that he's not familiar with it.

I hope she's not a rookie. He thinks to himself, then turns to mind his own business. Getting to learn all about the suit's advantages, disadvantages and limitations is paramount on his mind at the moment.

"Legionnaires! Full breifing in the hangar at 09:30 sharp." He hears Captain Raynor yell outloud.

"Yes, Sir!" he says, saluting in acknowledgement and with some surprise that he didn't take his own head off while in the suit.

After trying some basic movements like walking, turning and taking long steps, Bloodbath begins to get a feel for the suit, but before he tries a more 'enthusiastic routine', he turns to one of the alternates and asks a simple question.

"Does the suit come with a psionic power gauge?"

He really didn't care if they thought his question was dumb, there were certain things he needed to know about the suit of armour, and it wasn't like they were about to hand him a manual.

Tag: GM, alternates, anyone else

2. ColdFire

ColdFire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2006
    IC: Tech

"Does the suit come with a psionic power gauge?" One of the Legionnaires asked.

"No. Although these are still in the pre-production stage. All of the bugs have been worked out of the frame, but they have never been combat tested. Any suggestions you have about the functionality of the suit would be useful to the engineers. Could you be a little more specific about what power such a gauge would measure? Your own power, outside sources?"

The tech continues working while he talks, helping suit up the remaining Legionnaires.

TAG: ALL

OOC:(All) In your next post at the top, please list off the weapons you are taking. For example:

Pistol
    Autorifle
    Rocket Launcher
    6 grenades

then begin your post. Thanks

3. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Pistol
    Sniper Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    6 Grenades

Beetle

Beetle mounted up, donning his armor and setting his weapons within easy reach for combat situations on his armor. The Legionaire turned back to the rest of the crew and looked through the sight of the sniper rifle, gazing at each of the Legionaires slowly moving the rifle in an almost perfect horizontal line.

"Bang, bang..." He said with a smirk, lifing the riflebutt onto his shoulder. "Can we go now?"

TAG: Legionaires

4. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    OoC: Things seem to be moving a little slowly, so I am going to take a little poll right now. I am considering starting a posting schedule for GM posts. What I need to know from you is what would be more convenient. GM posting once a week on Monday, or twice a week on Monday and Thursday. Other options will be considered if presented.

As always, any questions, PM me.

5. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    OOC:Sniper rifle,6 genades, pistol.

And I think twice a week would be good.

I am leaveing for awhiel after tomorrow. I will be back the 11th. If someone could play my charater in that time I would be very thankful.

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    BloodBath

------------------------
    Plasma Pistol
    Auto-Rifle
    Sniper Rifle
    6 grenades
    Powered Armour
    -------------------------

"Does the suit come with a psionic power gauge?" Bloodbath had asked the Tech.

"No. Although these are still in the pre-production stage. All of the bugs have been worked out of the frame, but they have never been combat tested. Any suggestions you have about the functionality of the suit would be useful to the engineers. Could you be a little more specific about what power such a gauge would measure? Your own power, outside sources?"

"Both would be useful." Bloodbath answered as he thought of the tactical applications. You could never have too much intel during combat, especially about the enemy.

"I'll make sure to have a whole slew of suggestions once we've combat tested these suits."

Bloodbath gave the tech a respectful salute, ending their interaction. He took his weapons and checked them all to insure that they were in perfect working order. Since he was still suited up, he did so with great care, making sure to apply all the nuances of sensitivity and compensation that he knew. The Tech's pointers to the CO were also instrumental to manual operation. Bloodbath found the suits responsiveness and flexibility so fascinatng, that to him the suits were nothing short of a technological miracle.

As he did this, Bloodbath took a quick look around the room trying to see how the CO was doing, but instead, he caught sight of Beetle, who'd turned to the rest of the crew and looked through the sight of the sniper rifle, gazing at each of the Legionnaires, slowly moving the rifle in an almost perfect horizontal line.

"Bang, bang..." He said with a smirk, lifting the riflebutt onto his shoulder. "Can we go now?"

Bloodbath frowned slightly, as he did not appreciate having a weapon pointed at him, but the moment was brief and not worth fussing about...this time. He, however, agreed with Beetle's last spoken sentiment.

"Captain Raynor said Full briefing in the hangar at 09:30 sharp, remember?"

Bloodbath's steely grey eyes looked towards Beetle as he finished his sentence and held his gaze for a heartbeat. Then he regarded the rest of the legionnaires in the room as he secured his weapons. He then tucked his armoured helmet under his arm, and without saying another word, turned and exited the Armoury and headed for the hangar.

Tag: Legionnaires, GM

*Updates twice a week if at all possible.

7. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Equip.
    Plasma Pistol
    Sniper Rifle
    4 grenades
    Powered Armour

[b]IC: Nikita[/b]
    [i]Location: Armory[/i]

Nikita walked around slowly as the other legionaries suited up. As she was the volunteer, the most of her stuff was already done, so she got to take it easy, really think about her weapons and suit.

She really didn't want to be bristling like all the rest of the legionaries. One of the first rules in naval warfare was that the most heavily armed ship didn't always win. Agility also played a role, especially as a woman.

Nikita gathered up a standard pistol... that would be holstered. The sniper rifle could go on her back she supposed. And then the grenades, although she felt she didn't need them, could be strapped on somewhere. Always good to be packing a bit of firepower she supposed...

And then that would be it really. The woman crossed her arms as she watched her "teammates" get suited up.

[b]TAG: Others [/b]

[hr]
    Once weekly sounds A-OK by me GM...

-I_H

8. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    GM-I have decided that we will make two update posts a week, I will make one on Thursdays, and ColdFire will make one on Monday's. If either of us does not wish to make an update post on our day, or we do not see it as necessary at the time, we will only make one update that week. Although if we do make two updates a week, you may, if at all necessary, retro-post as needed.

GM: Captain James Raynor -09:29 A.M.-

Captain Raynor stood on the podium in the hangar. Hands clasped behind his back as he waited for the Legionaires. As the first of them came through the door he smiled, Legionaires were never late.

The first through the door was Karen Hope, one of the few female Legionaires. She snapped a quick solute and sat down in her assigned chair.

As the others filed in he shut the lights off and started up a holoprojector. It showed a single planet with a molten surface. The Thermal readings were off the chart, but there wer many spots over the surface. Jimmy pointed to these spots.

"These are the thermal readings of the hive colonies of the Zerg remnants." He moves the cursor to another spot, "This is where our 'Reg Ghost' and 'Tarandar' will be. By the intel that I have received, i have come up with a plan of action. The plan that I come up with is open to any change, based on the thoughts of you legioniares and how your situation on Char changes.

"You will be dropped at the insertion point, here." he points to a location a few miles north of the target zone. "You will move south through the trenches that were originally carved through the planets surface by the UED...eliminating any and all who oppose your movements. Do not, I repeat, do NOT let the Protoss know you are there, if they din out that the Legion is involved with the Reclamation and/or Elimination of 'Red Ghost' they will likely break their ties with us, and we will be working with the Dark Templar alone.

"You leave in five minutes, our new RFFD(Raptor Free-Fall Dropship) will be your transportation. I hope one of you can fly it, because we are not sending any others on this mission." He looks at the five gathered Legionaires, "Any questions?"

TAG: Legionaires(Feel free to retro-post back in the armory.)

9. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Nikita

Nikita folded her arms in the hanger as Captain Raynor ran down the mission statistics and parameters. The woman was paying close attention to them, making mental snapshots of the maps and memorizing where Raynor mentioned points of interest. Find the targets, avoid all Protoss, capture Red Ghost.

"You leave in five minutes, our new RFFD(Raptor Free-Fall Dropship) will be your transportation. I hope one of you can fly it, because we are not sending any others on this mission." He looks at the five gathered Legionaires, "Any questions?"

Nikita's eyes widened. This was her chance to stay naval...

The woman stood, snapping to attention.

"If it pleases the Captain, I know how to fly the Raptor and will be pleased to fly it, sir!"

She prayed the man would consent...

TAG: All

10. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Beetle

Beetle looked around after the captain asked if there were any questions and he could only think of one while he adjusted the plates on his armor to accomodate the weight of the rocket launcher. "Why only one rocket?"

Sure it was a dumb question for a stealth mission, but if they ever were found by the Protoss, he'd want to take out as many as possible with several explosive blasts from his rocket launcher before the Protoss decided to break allegiance with them. But then again, friendly fire was something they should try to avoid on any mission.

"Nevermind, sir..." Beetle said, almost apologetic in his tone, shifting the weight from one shoulder to the next. He clicked a clip into the pistol and reholstered it at his belt. He examined the chamber of the sniper rifle and looked at the ammunition for it. He was astonished at what they truly had to work with.

"No-scoping is gonna be a blast..." The Legionaire chuckled darkly at his remark and readied himself to board the dropship.

TAG: Legionaires

11. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    GM Update: This is a little late.

Raynor looked at Nikita as she spoke, "If it pleases the Captain, I know how to fly the Raptor and will be pleased to fly it, sir!"

He smiled, he knew one of the Legionaires had to know how to pilot it, "Permission granted. It's time Legionaires, Nikita, after landing the glider, initiate the self-destruct system and get away as fast as you can. These new Raptors have a different self-destruction, they use miniature, and temporary, black holes. It's effect is twenty yards, and it will give you one minute. We will use one of our cruisers to get you to the dark side of the planet, and you will take if from there."

Raynor left the room, and for the Legionaires, time seemed to warp itself around them as they gted to the darkside of Char. This was the Legionaires time to shine.

TAG: Everyone. (Imp, you have permission to move the game along until you hit ground. Your piloting the ship so it's only necessary that you advance the timeline.)

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    BloodBath

Golden Raven's Hangar, 09:29 A.M.

When Captain James Raynor spoke, those who still had any sense left in their addled brains listened. Bloodbath listened and made metal notes as well. As if the mission were not 'involved enough' now they were told that their efforts shouldn't alert the Protos to their presence on the field. Bloodbath had no doubts that things were about to get alot more 'interesting' once they were on the mission field. Whether this was the case or not, remained to be seen.

Though he kept silent through the entire briefing, the young legionnaire took stock of his teammates reactions as well as the CO. A Good and Strong Leader was going to be a key factor if the mission was to succeed, that he knew for a fact.

"You leave in five minutes, our new RFFD will be your transportation. I hope one of you can fly it, because we are not sending any others on this mission." Captain Raynor said as he looks at the five gathered Legionnaires, "Any questions?"

Bloodbath really didn't have any. He seldomly did, and when he did ask one, no one seemed to be able to give him a satisfactory answer. In the end, it really didn't matter.

"If it pleases the Captain, I know how to fly the Raptor and will be pleased to fly it, sir!"

Bloodbath's head swiveled to look at the CO, who had just spoken. He suddenly found himself liking the sound of her voice which was quite pleasing to his ears. Ack! Must keep an 'official' mindset, thoughts like that can get you killed on the field, is that what you want?

"Permission granted." Raynor's gruff voice interjected upon Bloodbath's train of thought, much to the Legionnaire's silent gratitude. "It's time Legionnaires, Nikita, after landing the glider, initiate the self-destruct system and get away as fast as you can. These new Raptors have a different self-destruction, they use miniature, and temporary, black holes. It's effect is twenty yards, and it will give you one minute. We will use one of our cruisers to get you to the dark side of the planet, and you will take if from there."

Raynor gave them a salute, then left the room. Now it was officially the CO's show. Bloodbath was more than ready for what was to come, since every mission could very well be his last. Stoically and without comment, the young Legionnaire made his way towards the Raptor and boarded the dropship.

For the Legionnaires, time seemed to warp itself around them as they embarked to the darkside of Char. Once again, it was the Legionnaires time to shine.

Tag: I_H, All, Any.

13. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    OoC: Sorry, haven't forgotten, just been busy.

IC: GM

The Raptor is ferried into the hangar, carried by a large crane. The ship is about the size of a private jet, and shaped much like a manta ray. A ladder is lowered and the legionnaire's embark. Inside is a spartan cabin with 7 seats, one of them being the pilots seat and the other six arranged three to a side facing inside the craft. Once everyone is strapped in a female voice comes over the comms, which is instantly relayed to the helmet comms of their suits.

"Hello Legionnaires, I'm Lieutenant Emma Wade, and I will be your operator for this mission. I am here to provide you with information and sensor support. We are communicating on tight beam encrypted comms, so you don't have to worry about these signals giving you away."

The glider starts moving toward the hangar door, carried by the crane. The crane arm extends outward from the hangar holding the Raptor outside of the shuttle. Once again, Emma speaks.

"The Raptor doesn't have any propulsion of its own, so you will be in free fall for the entire trip. It also has no weapons, but it is stealthy. During reentry I won't be able to contact you, but I will be in touch when you land. Good luck."

And with that, the shuttle is released and drops toward the blackened planet below.

TAG: All Players

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    BloodBath

Aboard the Raptor, Free Fall

Bloodbath nodded to no one, in response to Lieutenant Emma Wade's well wishing. For this mission, they were going to need all the luck they could get. As the drop ship began it's descent angle just seconds before it's free fall towards the planet, Bloodbath smiled. A sense of excitement began to nudge it's way into him.

["Here we go again."] He said to no one in particular, but loud enough to be heard by all present.

For almost more than a year or so, he'd done just about 50 combat drops, always thinking that each one could be his last. To think any differently now would add to any chinks in his emotional armour. A legionnaire had to stay 'frosty' at all times...or end up dead in the battlefield.

Not wanting to reminisce on past and unpleasant memories of commrades lost in battle, Bloodbath busied himself by going over his suits internal monitors and familiarizing himself with every nuance possible during the short time he had. This was new hardware, so he wanted to know as much as possible about it.

Inadvertently, he found himself looking towards the pilot's seat, but caught himself. For a moment, he looked out the viewport and all he saw was the blazing orange fire that hungered to take them all to oblivion, if it weren't for the Raptor's protective hull. To think that was all that kept them from burning up in a funeral pyre. Interestingly enough, that image triggered a particular thought, as Bloodbath wondered what was the suit's maximum heat tolerance level. He quickly looked through the operational interface for basic data on the suits engineering stats. Those little details could really come in handy during battle.

Tag: GM, CO, any legionnaire

15. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Nikita

Nikita's fingers glided along the controls as the dropship was released from the capital ship in which it was berthed. They were going stealth, so she couldn't key too much into the engine for fear of a sensor lock. And she knew how damn good Protoss sensor suites could be. The woman dialed up her rudders and oriented the dropship towards the landing zone....

The woman typed a few commands into the ship's onboard computer and grabbed the on-board comm...

"Alright boys, be sure to buckle up. We're doing to be entering the atmosphere the old fashion way. It is definitely going to get bumpy on us."

The woman ran a diagnostics on the fore heatshield. Registering positives all around. They were good to go...

Nikita buckled up her own seat...

And now, they hold on and wait.

TAG: All

16. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    GM~Long time no see...

Update!!!

As Nikita guided the ship towards the dropzone, the Raptor shutters relentlessly.

"10 seconds to impact." the computer announces. And all the Legionaires are informed of the zone. "5 seconds to impact." Less time, and the tension can be cut with a knife. "3 seconds to impact, 2...1, Impact now." The computers last message is unclear as when it reaches 'Zero' the Raptor collides with the obsidian rock of the Planet Char.

The Raptors repulsor engines catch the surface and keep it at an effectively safe speed until the dropzone is reached. Seconds later the repulsor turn off and the Raptor lands softly, yet roughly on the surface of Char.

The Ship slowly comes to a stop and the dropships aft door opens, showing a brutal warzone, a whole five or six miles north of where it was supposed to be...The intelligence is wrong. Now, The Legionaires must navigate through the warzone straight to the point of contact.

As the Legionaires get ready to embark, one last comm message comes in, "Legionaires, It's time, Show them what you got." The comm message shuts off and the Ships lights flick off.

Archangel stands from her seat, "Ma'am," She says to Nikita, "If we have dropped into the middle of a battlefield, I tmay be more effective to travel as smaller groups, of two and three maybe."

TAG: Legioanires.

17. ColdFire

Jan 6, 2006
    I think I started this game off at the wrong time and without proper preparation. Therefore, we'll be closing this game, because I'm sure you all have better games to play. I may try this again later, so if you see it pop back up on the boards, feel free to join in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.