main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW *stares at the TV in disbelief*

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Somebody_For_Someone, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    somebody please answer me this:

WHAT has been going through the minds of those people at channel 9?

I just saw the new promo with people like mike munro, ray martin and eddie maguire (rattles off the list of the rest of people at channel nine) DANCING TO THE TUNE OF THAT FATBOY SLIM SONG? *cringes*

2. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    Yeah, I cringed at that too. Apparently they think it'll make them relevant to youth. [face_plain]

3. OwenHBrown

OwenHBrown Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
    I wondered what the relevance of this was then I realised C. Walken.

Hell I don't even watch channel 9. Al their shows suck.

Owen.

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I also noticed they had all 4 Star Wars movies coming soon this year.

What I want to know is what the hell is the sound that's whirring in the background of their One Day Cricket ad??? It's so frigging annoying.

That 'Weapon of Choice' film clip is one of the best ever.

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    yeah it does have its cringability doesnt it? Mind u Lin and I still gave a small chuckle

And Owen: Frscape, The Fugitive and soon Smallville and Enterprise will be on 9! Its not all bad!

6. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    woohoo, and malcolm in the middle will be back this yr, which is good. i love that show! (not as much a everybody loves raymond, tho)

7. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm really glad i missed that I'm traumatised enough as it is :p

8. Lach

Lach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    Haven't seen that ad yet. I'll have to look out for it, sounds like it'll be a good laugh.

9. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    I know, it truly does suck. KICK THEM IN THE HEAD WITH CLEATS!!!!

I hate Raymond tho. how can everybody love him. WA-CHOOM!

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Malcome in the Middle is funny as hell! Its like a live action version of the Simpsons

11. Lach

Lach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    Saw it today. As I was watching it I realised I actually had seen it once before. I find it hilarious! But surely I'm not laughing at what Channel 9 is targeting the laughs at. ;)

12. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I've only ever seen about 2 minutes worth of Malcolm In the Middle by my own free will. Everything started off nicely - they were even using a Green Day song (it might have been 86) then, all of a sudden Malcolm turns to the camera and gives a narrative of events, while everyone else goes about their lives in the background.

Needless to say, if I ever meet Malcolm I will KICK HIM IN THE HEAD WITH CLEATS!!!

If I wanted to see the characters turn and give a narrative I would have gone to a play, or watched The Weekenders.

I'm not really sure if MitM is normally like that, but I'm not giving it any second chances.

~Heer endeth my rante~

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh yeah, Ch9's promo thingy's all screwed up.

Hey who says they're airing SW? I would have thought 7 would be doing that since they're the station that airs so many Fox movies (I mean they aired the X Files movie and they don't even have the series on their station!).

14. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    yes mitm is normally like that. and yes i thought ch 7 would be airing the 4 sw movies as well, but ch 9's amount of sci-fi exceeds that of the other stations (roswell (is considered as sci-fi), star trek, farscape, even those afternoon kid's shows that i sometimes watch (spellbinder rocks, even tho it's not on nemore))

15. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

I've seen all the promo ads - and Channel 9 / NBN (local affiliate) are indeed playing the four SW movies ... they list them all onscreen, and show lots of clips (more than the other movies, I would say - but can you blame them, its the biggest bums on seats movies in there).

The reason Channel 9 is playing SW is because Channel 9 is owned by Fox, of 20th Century Fox, who owns distribution rights of the SW movies...

But I also notice that South Park is in there as well, right at the end...?
    Could they possibly be thinking of playing the South Park Movie on tv ?

How the hell is that possible ??

I dunno.

16. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    They'd have to cut out waaaaaaaay to much in the south park movie to show it on TV

17. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Depends on the timeslot, doesn't it?

18. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    not really Shara - when the show Pulp Fiction on TV the always cut out every **** even the ones that aren't mofo ones and they still wait 'til after 9:30 to show it.

in fact I think they cut it right back to only **** and such as you would expect from a normal 8:30 M or MA movie, but still show it at 9:30

19. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

But South Park is more than just bad language...

There's a whole bundle of reasons they couldn't show it on commercial tv...

20. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    The point I was making OZ is that, for some movies, "timeslot" makes no difference. Eg: they butrchered PF but still showed it after 9:30.

So either it'll be a 5-minute stint, with no sound, or they're not showing South Park.

21. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    you'd think it'd be sbs that'd be showing it...

22. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Maybe it's false advertising?

After all, they haven't actually said South Park is going to be on - like with the other shows, just showed a quick snippet.

Maybe it's just a lure ...

23. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    South Park is evil.

But aside from that...

U arent allowed to show clips in a promo that arent being shown. So SP will indeed be on 9 this year

24. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm only concerned with what, if any networks will be showing the upcoming Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers telemovie

If i have to get another region 1 dvd because the programming people can't be bothered showing it on tv i am going to get really pissed off

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    They'll probably butcher SP and air it at 8:30. Either that or butcher it and air it at MA time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.