main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW *stares at the TV in disbelief*

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Somebody_For_Someone, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    South Park will undoubtedly be cut up and aired at 9:30pm with a special "Adults Only Screening" promo which they'll plug the hell out of to make up for it's later timeslot. I can hear the voice over now: "The movie that sent the censors into a spin. At the strictly adults only time of 9:30......" [face_laugh]

Anyone notice that Ray Martin had to be "digitally inserted" into that Weapon Of Choice promo next to Mike Munro? They despise each other and refused to shoot on location at the same time......Ray hates Mike for stealing the ACA gig off him ;)

RE: The X-Files Movie.
    It doesn't matter that Ch9 doesn't have the series. As long as Ch10 didn't get the movie..... :D

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Saw the promo for 2002 movies and there was Mr. Maul for TPM and Han Solo in the Falcon for ANH. Can't wait to see em on TV so I can see where they stick the commercials.

3. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    And we all know about what time of year they'll be on don't we?? ;) :p

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Christmas? 'Cause everybody *loooves* sittin' around, watching TV at Christmas! Don't you?

5. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Why the hell don't they play the Star Wars Christmas Special ?

You know, the one with all the wookies ...

Damn them. Damn them to hell!

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    if u have seen it u would know why :)

Its bad on SO many levels

7. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    Downsides:
    -Art Carney being an annoying git.
    -Stir, whip, stir, whip, mix, mix, stir...
    -That woman from the golden girls taking over the cantina and singing a tacky song while pouring a drink into some guys head.
    -Itchy's (Chewie's toothless father) cyber erotica...
    -Leia doped up to the eyeballs singing lyrics to the SW theme. The glazed look is a classic.
    -Luke with 3 tonnes of makeup- you'd SWEAR he was a girl.

Upsides:
    -View of Kaskyyyk
    -First appearance of Boba Fett (in cartoon form).
    -Lumpy (chewie's kid) had a model XWing that I coveted when I saw it as a kid. (That's how I *KNOW* they showed it in Australia in the 70's, against claims to the contrary).

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    The Boba Fett cartoon is okay, except for the way they drew Han. With a chin like that he looks like a skinny version of Jay Leno. Either that or a Scooby Doo character. ZOINKS!

9. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    The Channel 9 promo isn't that bad. It's actually pretty funny (mainly because it's pathetic).

It sure beats that bloody ACR ad where that old woman gets all excited because the postman comes.

"Oh there it is! Bills, bills, bills... YES YES YES YES YES"

Oh gawd, someone just shoot me

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I hear the 7 one is good, but i havent seen it yet

11. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Star Wars on free to air...I can't wait to see what adds they stick in there. [face_plain]

12. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

They're already playing clips from all the movies.

Including "I am your father..."

Which is a bit of a spoiler for folks who haven't seen it yet - and believe it or not, there are some folks that don't even know who Vader is, let alone who's father he is ... hell, let alone that he's anyone's father...

A friend of mine watched the Phantom Menace and she asked me, "So where's Darth Vader?"

Ah, but think about it ... free to air ... our numbers will swell... soon, they will all belong to us ...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *cough* AHAHAHAHHAHA

13. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Hmmm...perhaps we could have the 'SW, free to air' meet. After all, we had one when it was on Foxtel. ;)

Of course channel 9 won't have them all on in a row, so it'd be more 'which one do we want to see choked with ads.' ;)

14. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Is it just me or is chanel9 only in it for the cash, they got the world cup soccer for next year, even though they have no one who could commentate it, they got eps 4, 5, 6.

Channel 10 had the best format when it showed ANH and TESB on saturday then played ROTJ on sunday.

15. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    It's about damn time they play them on free-to-air once more. The SW Legacy has been long overlooked by the modern viewer in this era of lifestyle programs, reality TV, and two-part made-for-TV crime fictions. I say more exposure time needs to be given to greats such as SW that expand the mind, enrich the living experience, and spawn great eras of cool merchandise!

16. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Sci-Fi is extremely overlooked in television. Channel 9 and Channel 7 need to sell their programs (ie. the Star Treks, Buffy, Angel, Roswell etc.) to Channel 10, who would at least put them on at a decent time

17. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I think it's common knowledge in SciFi circles that the programming director for Channel 9 hates all sci fi with a passion,

Which would be fine if they didn't have the rights to most of it, why the hell do they put in the bids for those shows anyway?
    Give them to 10 as Stinky said, then I can deprogram ch 9 from my TV and need never have to have shows cancelled by sport again.

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Does 9 have the rights to Smallville? Cos if they do I can just see it being played at 11:30 on a Saturday night...

19. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    I wouldn't doubt it. Channel 9 did the same for Roswell; heavy promotion, 3 weeks in a decent slot then BOOM! 11:30 on Wednesday nights

Way to win a young audience [face_plain] Hip to the jive

20. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Channel 9 have got Star Trek: Enterprise, I wonder what they'll do with that?

I better get some blank video tapes ready!!

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    It sux doesnt it? They wonder why the shows dont rate well, but they stick em on in the middle of the night!
    ugh...

Kate got me the first 9 eps of Enterprise on CD, its the only ST I really like :)

22. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I remember a few years ago they put a few season premieres of Star Trek series' on a Saturday night at 8.30 and 9.30PM. They rated god-awfully and channel 9 whacked them straight back into the middle of the night where they've stayed ever since.

The only good thing that could ever come from putting the shows on earlier for me would be that Letterman would come on earlier. The Late Show is the worst treated show on channel 9 bar none. It's suffered the most rescheduling and needs to be treated better.

Channel 9 bought the rights to Leno too. Wonder why...

23. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm so glad I have foxtel. At least they show good stuff at a decent time (including sci-fi).

24. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Scifi on at a good time on Foxtel ????

I must have a delayed broadcast...

I have to stay up until midnight to catch MIllenium!!!

FNAH!!!

25. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    The Sci Fi channel has Knight Rider too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.