1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NSW *stares at the TV in disbelief*

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Somebody_For_Someone, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I have to stay up until midnight to catch MIllenium!!!

I meant good sci-fi ;)

2. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    Millenium was awesome. But it wasn't really sci-fi ...

Still, shows like that deserve good air-time. It takes a long time to produce an episode, and the screenwriters are ACTUALLY ORIGINAL AND DECENT!

Unlike those on soap operas. And there is almost no production talent required for reality TV programs, lifestyle shows, and Sports. All of which are junked up to the max both on commercial TV and cable ...

I hate the media today.
  3. mauls-menace Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved Millenium, it was so dark and complicated. Also love The X Files, last season wasn't too bad actually even without Mulder for some of it. I'm also into CSI and The West Wing. As for comedy you can't go past Frasier. :D

I hate, no wait, loathe reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother and don't get me started on all those god awful soaps. :mad:
  4. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Survivor, Big Brother and the rest of the "reality" shows are just soaps aren't they?
  5. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I must confess I was sadly addicted to Big Brother. I dont know why, but I was. I even voted to get Sara Marie kicked off several times. I didnt care who won so much, I just HATED her.

PASSIONATELY!!!!!!

Back to Sci Fi: It'll be interesting to see if Kate and I are the only Enterprise fans when it comes onto TV. I think its great! And I dont really like ST!

anyone else watch Invisible Man? I dig that one too. For one the invisibility effect is nice, but its also got cool stories and characters.

And I also likie West Wing, and CSI. Both are good dramas, especially West Wing. THAT show sometimes has me on the edge of my seat.

u know what I miss most on TV? Now and Again, on channel 10. The season ends on a cliffhanger, and then they NEVER made any more! That was it! How bad did THAT suck?!?!?!
  6. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah SM was a bitch.

Did you see her book? It's $3 at Angus & Robertson.
  7. Keith_Katarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, you guys need a hobbie !!

All I get to watch now-a-days is Da Ali G Show, which the first series has finished anyway....

I tend to spend more time doing other stuff: reading, computer stuff, FanForce, etc...

i find that almost ALL of the stuff on telley now is just crap. If I wanna watch tv, I just get out the Star Wars movies and watch them. (....again.)
  8. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I need to get a life when you watch the Star Wars movies and get online all the time?

The shows I watch on TV are...

Sports, league, cricket, tennis.
    Simpsons.
    News.

There you have it.
  9. opium Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched my first ep. of Ali G last week:D it was so funny.

I find the "summer of love" ch. 10 ad much more annoying. Crappy ad AND crappy song blech.
  10. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    Saw one episode od Da Ali G show, that was pretty funny.

Wish Pizza would come back, they had some great gags at the beginning of last season.

EDIT: Craig I was into Now And Again heaps too. When they aired the last episode in Australia I hopped online to see how much further they'd gone with the series in the US. That's when I found out it got axed. :(
  11. Stifflers_Mum Jedi Youngling

why is it that those with an intense disinterest/dislike in BB, know even more about the 'program' than those who aren't bothered by it at all..?!?!?

quite ironic...???
  12. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked the show, I just didn't like several of it's participants.
  13. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I agree; that "Summer of Love" ad is much more annoying than the 9 promo. If that ad is anything to go by, Channel 10 only has two shows; The Secret Life of Us and Neighbours

Haven't seen 7's promo yet, though
  14. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    7's is supposed to be very fancy
  15. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the reason most uf us BB haters know so much about the show is all the little robots running around unable to talk about anything else.
    I think it was a telling look at how voyeuristic ppl really are, the sad pathetic fools...
  16. Darth_Tool Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "I think it was a telling look at how voyeuristic ppl really are, the sad pathetic fools... "

WTF? How was it voyeuristic? The main defining way of describing a voyeur is someone who secretly perves on someone else. It wasn't a secret, they knew they were being watched.

Dictionary says:

voy·eur (voi-yûr)
    n.
    A person who derives sexual gratification from observing the naked bodies or sexual acts of others, especially from a secret vantage point.

Was this show about naked bodies and sexual acts? No. It wasn't.
  17. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Big Brother: Uncut featured all that stuff

Not that that's a bad thing ;)
  18. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for the english lesson Tool,

Anyway, no it wasn't in secret, doesn't make the viewers any less sad, but also drags the willing participants down several levels.
  19. Darth_Tool Jedi Youngling

star 1
    stinrab:
    "Big Brother: Uncut featured all that stuff"

1 show out of 8 every week.

By the way, what is Vader doing to that sheep in your icon.

Sith Magician:
    "Thanks for the english lesson Tool, "

No worries.

"Anyway, no it wasn't in secret, doesn't make the viewers any less sad, but also drags the willing participants down several levels."

Why have they been dragged down several levels? ITS JUST A TV SHOW. Watch it if you like it, stop friggin moaning if you don't.
  20. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Meh, whatever, justify your need to view others lives however you wish, I really couldn't care less.
  21. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Then why are you so worried about it? Anytime anyone on here brings up a reality TV show you're up in arms about it.
  22. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

He doth protest too much, you think?

He doth hate with a passion people who watch reality tv shows because he doth secretly enjoy them and doth hate himself for it, so he doth unleash his venom on others to separate himself from them ... ?

Soeth ends Psych101 for this day of our Lord ...
  23. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    I have never watched one in my life, but last I checked this was a Star Wars message board, yet go look in in AusGen, each "reality" show gets it's own thread, as does any sporting event,
    but try and have a LotR thread, and it gets locked in favour of a poll.
  24. Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bitterness there...although I watched Survivor, reality TV for me as a rule is very low on the scales of good TV
  25. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a Star Wars Fan's site. We can talk about whatever we want or, in your case, don't want to talk about. If it doesn't interest you, ignore it. It's a hell of a lot more constructive than whinging.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.