main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Starfall (Obi-Wan/Siri, Anakin, Padme, ROTS-era AU) AUTHOR's NOTE: 1/2/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vivid_Scripts, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Can't wait to see what happens next. I really want to see Obi-Wan's reaction to the news. Keep writing and May the Force be with you.=D=

2. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    oh dear, once again i've been delayed by a lot of RL issues. Between school and work and some travel I havent been able to finish and edit a new chapter yet :(
    but im working on it right now and hopefully i can get it in before the end of the week.

hansgirl1031- Well that droid certainly is a character, isn't he?!

he certainly is :). He's one of the most interesting characters from KOTOR and I was really excited about having him as part of the story. He's an evil thing, really, but hes oblivious to his own nature and really sort of revels in it, which is what makes him so amusing.

Quite exciting there at the end! Although I think it just brought up more questions for me than it answered it was a great chapter. I look forward to more! I am hoping to see how Anakin/Kai and Padme are doing though...

They are slowly growing back together. The next chaper will be based around them.

JediMasterRev- Nice actions sequence in the previous update and I especially enjoyed reading about HK. Too bad he was around in the triology times; he could have made things interesting.

Indeed. I think hes a much better droid than Threepio :p

hings are definitely starting to build up. Wraith is definitely descending further and further down the dark path. Nice cliffe there at at the end. Look forward to more soon!

Perhaps, but Alunas is determined to do something to help him.

SWK- Although Wraith is a bad guy, I kind of want him to be okay... plain Okay, I really really REALLY want him to be okay. *cough* But you know, I'm not implying anything.

Wraith's story will come full circle in time.

Master_Talek- Thanks a bunch for the support.

new post soon, guys

3. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
  4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    IVe just read this story and I cant wait for a new post. Up soon please!

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    *Whew* Just finished this story, and boy oh boy, is this a ride!!! Please PM me if you ever get around to updating it! [face_praying]

6. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Woah. Sorry I've been gone so long.

Then again, it's only by being gone for so long that I get to enjoy so much of your writing at once! I really like it. [kicks self for not being able to think of a suitable, more meaningful synonym for really.]

My illness was/is stage II adrenal depression, reactive hypoglycemia, low magnesium, lacking 2 B-vitamins (B-1 & B-6)?and all the fun little bugs I attracted with the pathetically weak immune system that ensued from the above, from my metabolism/blood type (A), and from my genetic disease of the endocrine system. I say "was/is" because much of it is gone or almost gone, now, though there isn't much I can do about my naturally weak immune system and my increasingly annoying genetic disease that will eventually cause hypoglycemia itself, and that won't go away with treatment...

That was probably more than you ever wanted to know about the entire... mess. At any rate, maybe it'll make some interesting reading.

Re: your story, I really do enjoy your writing and wish I could find more of it in a little more... orderly fashion. Nothing against JC boards, of course.

I'm getting over a virus now and had more sugar today than I should have (i.e., a small slice of cake and a few Runts)?not enough to trigger my now-nearly-gone reactive hypoglycemia, but even one Runt or Skittle or serving of Chik-Fil-A's Polynesian sauce can trigger my odd response to sugar: giddiness.

Example (since you seem to like explanations! :p ): My lab partner and I were anesthesizing fruit flies a few days ago. She asked me if the first jar was asleep yet. I looked at it, and said: "No, but some have fallen on their backs and can't get up!" And started laughing oddly.

Lab partner: [odd "are-you-feeling-okay?" look] "That shouldn't be funny."

Second jar: I'm staring at it, waiting for the flies to die?erm, sleep (overdoses of FlyNap kills them)?and start thinking: "Lullaby... and goodnight..." And I was strongly tempted to sing or hum.

That was the Polynesian sauce.

I apologize for my rather long digression.

Could you PM me when you update? (I may purposefully wait for more than one part to be up before I come in, but could you?)

I don't say much about the story because it's the type of thing that I really need the entire thing before me, I think, to say anything of substance. You know, to chew on it?like the Episode III novel, Shatterpoint, & Traitor, my fav SW novels. (All by Matthew Stover, but that's another point... [face_whistling]o)

Keep writing!

Misti

P.S. I do accept being told to shut up. Seriously?if my digressions bore/annoy/irritate/anger/etc. you, let me know as kindly or meanly as you want. I won't be hurt.

7. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    I just happened on this story today, and I have to say that it's a great one. I love Anakin redemption fics, and although this one isn't quite in that mold, I still enjoy the possibility that Anakin might become good again. I have to say though that I'm somewhat confused about the fact that Revan is styled here as a Sith. I thought he turned back to the Jedi and stayed that way. Am I mistaken (I haven't played the second game, but from what I know of it's story Revan is still lightside there) or is this one of the alterations in your AU? Please write more soon, I would like to see what happens next.

8. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I just found this story. Wow! It's awesome! Definitely like nothing else I've read.

Please PM me when you update!

9. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    I am... back. Back after a long absence, and an even longer silence. I must issue an apology to all of my readers for stopping so abruptly. The truth of the matter is that I lost interest in writing for several months. However, just a week or so ago, I looked through my old files and renewed my interest in continuing this story. I'm working again. I'm accumulating a list of people to PM when I do update (within a week or so).

send me a tell/PM if you'd like to added to the list.

if there is anyone out there still interested in the story, I would thank them for being so patient with me.

10. hansgirl1031

hansgirl1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Hey there! Glad to see you are coming back to finish this up! I'm "subscribed" so to speak through Active Topic Notification so I don't need a PM. But I'm looking forward to the first new update!

Welcome back! :D

11. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Misti- I'm sorry about your illness. I can't say I know much about it, but I googled up a few pages and have a bit of an idea. I've never encountered anyone with the illness, but it seems like its tough to deal with. I hope you get better :)

Iaranon- I have to say though that I'm somewhat confused about the fact that Revan is styled here as a Sith. I thought he turned back to the Jedi and stayed that way. Am I mistaken (I haven't played the second game, but from what I know of it's story Revan is still lightside there) or is this one of the alterations in your AU?

Well, its hard to say what is and isn't cannon in the KOTOR storyline. After all, the game does have two different endings- a lightside ending and a darkside ending. Which ending you get depends upon how you choose to play the game and what choices you make as you go along. But for the purposes of this story, yes, Revan was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

and as for KOTOR2... well if you havent played it yet, I'd reccomend it. The story is a little harder to follow at times, but its still very fun and worth playing.

qtrhs, jedi_princess18, Jaira, obsessedwithSW, hansgirl1031 and everyone else- Thanks so much for sticking with me despite my extended hiatus. update is going up in a moment.

12. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    The Raid (Part V)

Anakin gazed at the dissected blaster which lay before him, and planned in his mind just how to begin construction of the signal disruptor. With his small knife he began to cut and reroute the tiny wires of the small mechanism. As he diverted power away from blaster?s ion core, he looked up at his prisoner.

Arms crossed against her chest, she looked up at the desert night sky. His silence did nothing to ease the tension between them. If anything, it made the feeling more palpable. Anakin removed the ignition chamber from the blaster and once again looked up at Vincent?s friend.

Fear radiated from her in the same way energy leaked from the dissected blaster. Farrah struggled to mind her thoughts, yet calm exterior could not hide her inner sense of dread. Part of that dread stemmed from her fear of Anakin and the vicious display of anger he had put on at the data bank. The other side of that dread came from her concern for the Sentinel that had just snuck off into the moonlight.

?You seem tense,? Anakin commented as he connected the ion core to a device he extracted from his utility belt.

?Tense?? She chimed. ?No, just anxious. I?m like this on every assignment.?

?I?m not going to hurt you,? he said flatly. ?I?ve promised Vincent that much.?

?I know.? She shuddered as both of her eyes focused upon him. ?Still, I?ve seen you kill??

?You?ve seen nothing,? he snorted.

A sigh escaped her as she leaned back against a rock.

Anakin scowled as he detected a slight disturbance in the Force. The waves and currents of the Force seemed to swirl about. Vincent was the first person that came to mind, but Anakin found himself staring at Farrah.

?A Dark Jedi?? Farrah?s eyes were closed, but she was seeing something through the Force, Anakin was sure of that. He probed her again, and discovered that her latent, undeveloped powers were greater than he had once thought. Her mind was open to the Force, and it was flowing through her like water in a stream. ?A Dark Jedi with twin blades?raving, slashing through the darkness.?

Asajj Ventress! The young Jedi nearly cringed as memories of Antiga came to mind. He looked at her with suspicious eyes. How did she know?

Her eyes opened, and the expression etched upon her face conveyed the fact that she felt lost, in a haze. ?There are horrible things I?ve done, but how could you??

?Force damn you, I did what I had to do,? he retorted angrily. ?How do you know about Antiga??

?I see things sometimes,? She whispered. ?Visions I suppose. It?s never anything pertinent or useful to me, though. It?s always about others.?

?You?d feel much better if you just forget about that particular vision, then,? he said sharply. ?We just did what we had to do, that?s all.?

?No?? She whispered, just low enough for him to ignore. ?You did what you felt necessary.?

?It would be better if you didn?t talk about it.?

?That vision was intense??

?I know,
    I felt it.? Anakin looked down at his work again and began turn the small knobs on the side of the blaster, fine tuning the frequency of the signal disruptor. ?But for my sake, and for Vincent?s sake, let it go.?

Farrah nodded. ?We?ve all done things that we aren?t really proud of.?

?I try to forget the things I?ve done. After all, I never chose to do these things; I did them because I was serving a higher power.? A sigh escaped him. ?Look at us, look at how much we?ve changed. When we were kids, we were all naïve and optimistic. Look at us now. This war has turned us all upside down in one way or another. The war didn?t turn you upside down, though. You were at war before the cloning even began. Before Dooku unleashed the droids. You?ve been at war with us since the day the Council sent you to Bandomeer.? Anakin set his new creation down and paused for a moment to admire his handiwork. He turned and looked up at Farrah. ?Is that why you?ve hunted us? Because you were rejected by the Order??

?Maybe.? She paused. ?But Vincent?s beginning to make me see that being a

13. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    hey i love to story!!
    And i would realy like to be on you pm list.

14. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    So happy to see this back!

bran

15. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd forgotten about this fic, since it hasn't been updated in soooo long. But now I remember how much I liked it, so VS I'm imploring you to keep writing and updating. Please, don't forget your fans again!

Mo

16. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Wow Vivid_Scripts, you sure know how to make a comeback. That was a great post, especially the way Anakin and Padme are working things out. You make it all seem really believable. The flashbacks are also good, especially as Anakin justifies his actions, and you really portray his disillusionment with the Jedi well, and plausibly. Now please don't leave us hanging like that again, this is too good to just leave up in the air.

17. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Wow, just came across this... Add me to your PM list, if you have one

18. Mirik

Mirik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    the story is back!!! yay! please pm me with updates!! )@};-

19. hansgirl1031

hansgirl1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Wow... :eek: First thought upon finishing this update was "Aww man, it's over? But I want to read more!" That was a great update. The flashback gave us alot of information to think about and ended with a sense of forbodeing. Just because Anakin made nice with Farrah doesn't mean that something isn't going to happen to her. Whether it is Anakin that kills her or something/someone else, we know that Vincent is going to end up ticked enough at him to want to kill him. Not good...

And then the wonderful look at how Anakin and Padme are doing. He's slowly coming back to her. I'm wondering if he is going to keep having these "feelings" or if something is going to happen to jar everything back into place sometime soon, and with unpleasant or even tragic results.

I can't wait to see what happens next!! :D

20. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Woa! i just read this story and i gotta say, i'm hooked! =D=

Please add me to ur pm list, cause i gotta know what happens next! [face_praying] [face_laugh]

Great stuff! :D

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Great update! I'm so happy you're back to writing this, I love it!

22. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Nice to see this back up and going. Please PM me with updates. Great chapter!

23. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Glad to see this back! I had to go back and re read, but it was worth it!

Looks like Kai is slowly remembering his true identity...

Thanks for the PM! :)

24. babeekim

babeekim Jedi Master

Feb 7, 2006
    =D= bravo! i just read all your chpaters and i finally got here. your story is amazing and i have not read anything like it! i love it! ohhh please, i beg you to update soon!!! Okay theres so much that i wanted to say while reading this.. for one, never ever have i read a fic that Anakin cheated on Padme or had feelings for another woman..it was so odd?no.. i dont know how to say it, but that it felt soo WRONG![face_shame_on_you] ... Im guessing that Padme never found out about that. You really have a way with words. I believe I was on the verge of tears in some moments:_|..I felt the desperation in some moments. What can I say, Im a sap and have a soft spot for stories that evoke emotions in me(means your very good):D ..oh! I cant wait to find out what happened after they took the twins. What happened to Padme?..Did she see Vader after that?..So many questions.. Another thing is I really enjoy how this story is written. Your an amaxing writer with the imagery, but I really enjoy the sequence--how theres flashbacks. I like it, keeps it exciting, on the edge of your seat kind of way, don't know what your going to get next. wow...honestly, i've never written a reply this long before, IN HISTORY!!! what can i say, you brought it out in me. If so PUT ME ON PM LIST! oh yes and again..(drumroll)...UPDATE SOON!!
    <ps. dont you just love the faces that can be inputed? went a little crazy didnt i?>

25. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    ahh Vivid Here.

LoveAnakin1- And i would realy like to be on you pm list.

Done! :)

_ThatJediScum_- I'm glad to be back, thanks :)

MoAngel- But now I remember how much I liked it, so VS I'm imploring you to keep writing and updating.

Yeah, I really hope I don't run out of steam again soon. I've got about seven chapters written up and ready for release. So just sit tight, I update once a week...

although I'm thinking about adding a bonus update for this week, since it is my first week back. we shall see

Iaranon- That was a great post, especially the way Anakin and Padme are working things out. You make it all seem really believable.

Thanks. As things develop you'll see Anakin open up some more.

The flashbacks are also good, especially as Anakin justifies his actions, and you really portray his disillusionment with the Jedi well, and plausibly.

His disillusionment is what leads to him defecting to the other team. Its also a feeling thats very strong and present in his counterpart, Vincent, but you'll see in upcoming posts how they respond to it in different ways.

Josh-Halcyon, Mirik- I added both of you guys to the PM list.

hansgirl1031- First thought upon finishing this update was "Aww man, it's over? But I want to read more!" That was a great update.

I know the feeling. All updates come up way too short, leaving you wanting more. Thats how all episodic stories are though.

The flashback gave us alot of information to think about and ended with a sense of forbodeing. Just because Anakin made nice with Farrah doesn't mean that something isn't going to happen to her.

maybe...

we know that Vincent is going to end up ticked enough at him to want to kill him. Not good...

well, Vincent/Wraith doesnt want to kill Vader per se. He's just looking for him.

And then the wonderful look at how Anakin and Padme are doing. He's slowly coming back to her. I'm wondering if he is going to keep having these "feelings" or if something is going to happen to jar everything back into place sometime soon, and with unpleasant or even tragic results.

We shall see.

Veloz- You've been added to the list.

Jaira- thanks :)

JediMasterRev- You're on the list.

jedi_princess18- Looks like Kai is slowly remembering his true identity...

oh, there is so much more to be remembered.

babeekim- bravo! i just read all your chpaters and i finally got here. your story is amazing and i have not read anything like it! i love it! ohhh please, i beg you to update soon!!!

Thanks :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I might be updating sooner than I thought...

or one, never ever have i read a fic that Anakin cheated on Padme or had feelings for another woman..it was so odd?no.. i dont know how to say it, but that it felt soo WRONG!

yeaaaah... It's weird. When I set off writing this story, I was purely into A/P, but after writing that small Anakin/Barriss affair, I started to really like the idea of an A/B relationship, and A/B started to feel... right.

Im guessing that Padme never found out about that.

Oh, well we dont exactly know that yet. the past hasnt been completely revealed, after all.

You really have a way with words. I believe I was on the verge of tears in some moments cry ..I felt the desperation in some moments. What can I say, Im a sap and have a soft spot for stories that evoke emotions in me(means your very good)

Wow, thank you, i'm flattered.

I cant wait to find out what happened after they took the twins. What happened to Padme?..Did she see Vader after that?..So many questions..

and so many answers- all to be revealed in time.

Another thing is I really enjoy how this story is written. Your an amaxing writer with the imagery, but I really enjoy the sequence--how theres flashbacks. I like it, keeps it exciting, on the edge of your seat kind of way, don't know what y

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.