main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Starfall (Obi-Wan/Siri, Anakin, Padme, ROTS-era AU) AUTHOR's NOTE: 1/2/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vivid_Scripts, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great update! I wonder how Anakin will be when he regains his memory.
    Thank you for the PM!

2. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    HandmaidenVeme- thanks for reading :)

[b][i]Collapse[/i] (Part I)[/b]

[i]Siri leaned back in her seat uneasily. Her eyes surveyed the bus for the slightest hint of danger. Leia, her charge, was tiny and weak, a frail bundle of life that the Jedi Master carried protectively in her arms. That infantile frailty made Siri feel extremely vulnerable. She had to keep an ever vigilant watch, for there was little doubt in her mind that Vader was out in arms, hunting for his offspring.

The situation could not be controlled. Siri was at the mercy of fate. If the Sith happened to stumble upon her, she would be doomed. Worst of all, she knew that Obi-Wan, wherever he was, was in the same predicament. If they were caught (by the Sith or by the Imperial Dragnet) there would be no escape.

Siri wondered if Obi-Wan was alright. Earlier, they had agreed to hide the twins separately. Obi-Wan also reasoned that by traveling separately, they would have an easier time slipping through the Imperial Dragnet. He had made his case well then, and indeed, he was right.

After they decided to separate the twins, the process of choosing which twin to guard was rather simple. Siri decided to take charge of Leah, the girl, and Obi-Wan was took Luke, the boy. The twins? hiding places had been already been determined and arranged.

While looking for a place to hide the twins, Obi-Wan had turned to one of his old friends for help. Kenobi knew that the political clout commanded by the Bail Organa and his Royal Family would protect Alderaan from being overtly probed by the Imperial menace. As such, Alderaan would serve for the perfect hiding spot for one of the twins, and Bail subsequently agreed to aid Obi-Wan by adopting Siri and Leah into his family.

Bail spared no time and no expense in protecting his new family members. Within minutes, official documents were faxed to Siri from Alderaan. These documents granted her a new identity: Agatha Organa of Alderaan, first cousin of Bail Organa and godmother of Bail?s young daughter, Leah. The Alderaani consulate on Coruscant had arranged the rest. Agatha was to meet her shuttle, manned by a royal guard, on landing platform seventy-five.

Obi-Wan?s escape from Coruscant would prove to be more difficult, however. He did not get diplomatic immunity or a shuttle with a royal guard. Obi-Wan had to disguise himself as a refugee. He would have to take extended trips on several mass-transit cruisers before finding a direct route to Tatooine, where he sought to hide Luke with his paternal uncle, Owen Lars.

Even with all this in mind, she would have felt more secure if they had left Coruscant together and parted ways later. Of course, they would be at a greater risk of being caught in the dragnet, but by traveling together, the two masters could better safeguard the twins against the Sith.

Well, perhaps they could defend against Wraith and escape with the twins and their lives intact, but Siri knew that both she and Obi-Wan would be severely outmatched by Vader. She?d seen the security footage from the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, where Vader single-handedly slew six knights. And their padawans.

Siri?s thoughts were once again clouded by Dantooine and the massacre that had occurred there. On Dantooine, there had been a secret Jedi Enclave, a safe house for padawans whose masters had died during the war. Two dozen such padawans had been hidden away there, along with a garrison of seven knights. Ferus Olin, Siri?s former padawan, was among those seven knights.

No one outside of the Order knew of that place. Still, Wraith and Vader somehow discovered it. And they assaulted it.

Obi-Wan was the first one to discover the massacre. In fact, Siri remembered where she was and what she had been doing when he contacted her and told her about his atrocious find. She was lying low, hiding out on one of the worlds in the corporate sector, trying hard to do some kind of work without attracting the attention of any possible Jedi hunters.

At that time, all of the surviving Jedi

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Wow, I guess that Obi's infinite patience is finally paying off, huh? That's one way to test it, though, that's for sure.

4. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    As much as I would normally feel some type of sympathy for Obi-wan in a situation like this, I find I can't. I'm STILL upset about them taking Vader's kids.

Although the idea that Vader might have inflicted Obi-wan's pain is a comforting one. Yes, I am that evil.

bran

5. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Thanks for the PM, Vivid_Scripts. I like the Siriwan interaction you have going on in this post. However I'm curious as to how Obi-Wan wound up so injured, as I'm now thinking that maybe Vader came and took his son back. Anyway sounds like Obi-Wan's having a rough time of it, but I'm hoping you'll have pity on him and not make him suffer too much (even if he is a baby-snatcher, but then Vader is hardly what one would call the best father figure). Excellent update, and I hope to see more soon.

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Poor Obi Wan :( .. he tries to do the right thing and look at what hapens to him :_| .. i hope he pulls thru fast, because there's a lot he needs to do ;)

So sad also about Ferus :(... poor Siri.. those stupid sith! :mad: .. i hope they get what they desserve soon enough![face_dancing]

Tnx a lot for the pm!.. cant wait to read what comes next :D

7. Raven_Alanna

Raven_Alanna Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    Vivid..... words have utterly escaped me.

Please can you add me to your PM list - I would not want to miss another syllable of this wonderful tapestry.

Sincerely,

Alanna

8. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Wow, Obi-Wan and Siri have been through a lot.

I still can't wait to find out how Obi-Wan was injured....

Thanks for the PM! :) Can't wait for more!

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Wonderful description!
    I liked the details on how they went about leaving corusant.

She was not sure what was more harrowing to watch: the slaying of the six knights on screen, or Obi-Wan?s response to it.

This sentence really moved me . I can picture this vividly and reading about it from Siri's viewpoint makes the picture more poignant.
    With the exception of the love affair they shared, Obi-Wan had lived his life to the code, exact. He was the ideal Jedi. His duty was his first thought. His faith was unshakable. Everything did, he?d done well. This? this was the glaring exception.

He had come to her first because he needed her comfort? and her love. Without it, he wouldn?t have had the strength to confront Master Windu and the others. Obi-Wan had dedicated himself to the Council and to the Order. Nothing could make him ashamed of being a Jedi, nothing except this.

I found this insightful into Obi-Wan's character and his response to Anakin's turn.

You write so beautifully. It is what drew me to this story. I do however need to go back to the begining and reread the story. The break we had allowed me to read so many Anakin turns and the aftermath stories that have difficulty keeping the details straight.

10. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Jaira- Wow, I guess that Obi's infinite patience is finally paying off, huh? That's one way to test it, though, that's for sure.

Oh yeah. I've been around people that are trying to rehabilitate after really bad accidents. Physical Rehabilitation can take a very, very long time.

_ThatJediScum_- Although the idea that Vader might have inflicted Obi-wan's pain is a comforting one. Yes, I am that evil.

hmmmm... I like your thinking [face_devil]

Iaranon- However I'm curious as to how Obi-Wan wound up so injured, as I'm now thinking that maybe Vader came and took his son back.

May...be...

Anyway sounds like Obi-Wan's having a rough time of it, but I'm hoping you'll have pity on him and not make him suffer too much

Oh, I'm sure im not the first one to write an Obi-Wan torture fic. I don't know why, but he's one of those characters that always end up suffering...

Excellent update, and I hope to see more soon.

thanks. Will update soon :)

Veloz- Poor Obi Wan sad .. he tries to do the right thing and look at what hapens to him

Such is the fate of the galaxy's perfect Jedi- he always gets the shaft.

So sad also about Ferus sad ... poor Siri.. those stupid sith! angry .. i hope they get what they desserve soon enough! dancing

We'd have to see what happens if/when Siri and Vader meet up.
    Thanks for reading, Veloz. You're gonna get another PM pretty soon...

Raven_Alanna- Please can you add me to your PM list - I would not want to miss another syllable of this wonderful tapestry.

Why thank you [face_blush] I'm flattered that you enjoyed my story so much. and yes, I will add you to the PM list

jedi_princess18- Wow, Obi-Wan and Siri have been through a lot.

Theres still so much more they have to endure

I still can't wait to find out how Obi-Wan was injured....

hmmm... everyone has taken a special interest to Obi-Wan's injuries...

obsessedwithSW- Wonderful description!
    I liked the details on how they went about leaving corusant.

This sentence really moved me . I can picture this vividly and reading about it from Siri's viewpoint makes the picture more poignant.

more Obi-Wan torture, I suppose. See? People really do enjoy it when Obi-Wan gets the shaft :p

I found this insightful into Obi-Wan's character and his response to Anakin's turn.

I'm glad you were able to get that from the writing. That's precisely what I was aiming for...

You write so beautifully. It is what drew me to this story.

thanks [face_blush]

update in a few!

The PM List
    hansgirl1031
    MistiWhiteSun
    Iaranon
    jedi_princess18
    Jaira
    obsessedwithSW
    _ThatJediScum_
    JediMasterRev
    HandmaidenVeme
    Josh-Halcyon
    Mirik
    Veloz
    BabeeKim
    LoveAnakin1
    Raven_Alanna

11. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Lineage (Part I)

Vincent was meditating. This minor mission to Malachor IV had finally been completed, and he knew that it would only be a matter of time before he was re-assigned to the front. There were few places he could turn to for comfort and answers. Among those places, the Force was his greatest retreat, but as of late, it had been providing less answers and less comfort.

The Force once flowed through him like a tranquil river, but now it was strained. All Jedi had begun to feel this interruption in the Force recently. It was a little known fact outside of the Order?s hallowed walls, but Force was distancing itself from the Jedi. They were being routinely cut off from it. Master Yoda had suspected that the recession of the Force was the work of the Dark Master of the Sith.

Vincent opened his eyes. He wished there was a piano on this damned freighter. If the Force could not give him some degree of peace, then music would. There was a third option, however, and she had just presented herself.

?Vincent?? Farrah?s voice echoed down the hall. He stepped out of the captain?s cabin to meet her in the hall. Anakin had taken the first shift in overseeing the bridge.

?Vincent, I need to know, what?s going to happen to me when we return to Coruscant??

Vincent pursed his lips. ?Firstly, you will be pardoned for your past transgressions because you aided us on this mission. After that, well you?ll be free to do as you like.?

?And if I would like to stay with you?? She asked earnestly.

A bashful grin came to his face. ?I would like that. I really would.? He paused. ?Being around you again? I know we?ve been through all our changes, but being around you again reminds me of the old days, when we were children and there wasn?t a care in the world. Being with you makes me feel like there might be hope, hope for something other than war.?

She smiled warmly. A feeling of warmth washed over him as he reached out to her and embraced her. Being with her brought him a feeling of peace that he was rapidly growing to need. It was this feeling of peace that he had once found in the Force, but now instead found in the embrace of his oldest friend.

The feelings he had for her were so intense. He never imagined that they could have grown to be so strong over time. Seeing her again that day in the databank had evoked something in him that he had once believed to be long dead. It was? compassion. Yes, compassion, the feeling by which the Jedi were to run their lives. Over time it had been replaced by fleeting fits of fury and rage. In times of battle, he would sometimes summon his anger to aid him. But the compassion that was meant to guide him as a Jedi? It had been absent from him for years.

As the war had progressed, the Jedi sentiment of compassion died out. Just as the Elders in the temple had taught them years ago to feel compassion for others, the war had trained the Jedi to be ruthless. Cruelty is the language of war, and Vincent had seen many grow fluent over the course of the conflicts.

The greatest example of this was none other than Anakin Skywalker. Vincent had witnessed Anakin?s cruelty and the victims of Anakin?s wrath. And it frightened him. It frightened him immensely. What was more disturbing was the fact that he could not rightly judge Anakin for being cruel. After all, Vincent had taken many opportunities to express his own malevolent anguish. And sometimes, in his rage, he relished in the torture of his prisoners.

Antiga came to mind. Antiga the atrocity.

He shuddered. Such thoughts should not be entertained. Not now, at least. He wished to think of happier circumstances, now that he was with her. The sight of her in the databank had sparked something within him.

Looking at her desperate eyes as she raised her blaster against him that day, he could feel the pain and agony peeling from her as layers of an onion. Surely enough, Anakin would have destroyed her just as easily as he had destroyed her Rodian accomplice. Yet his sympathy for her compelled him spe

12. Iaranon

Dec 30, 2005
    Hmm this plot gets deeper and more convoluted with every post. Now Anakin and Vincent are going to be the Chancellor's kind of Splinter Cell team. Running on their own, doing the really dirty jobs. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, even if we didn't already know that this is not going to turn out well. Still it should provide some excitement as thos etwo learn the fine art of sneaking around where they're not supposed to be. Great post Vivid_Scripts. As always you have left me wishing for more, answering some questions that I have but also creating many more at the same time.

13. _ThatJediScum_

Jul 28, 2005
    How does the saying go, The greatest lie the devil ever told was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

So Morningtide is a Jedi but NOT a Jedi **coughSithcough** and she's asking Vincent, Farrah and Anakin to help her *save* the Republic. I will say this Sidious does know how to pick his allies and his pawns.

One of the things I love about this story is how you depict the Clone Wars and the toll it is taking on the Republic and the Jedi who are fighting the war. There's a cost to be paid and the Jedi are baring the brunt of it.

bran

14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    This is very intriging...can't wait for more:)

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh man!.. this plot thickens :oops:

Tnx for the pm! :D

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    A beautiful standout line in a great chapter.=D=

17. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    So this is how they get sucked in to becoming Sith...

Nice touch on Palpatine's part to get someone else to do the dirty work for him...

Can't wait for more! :)

18. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Iaranon- Hmm this plot gets deeper and more convoluted with every post.

it is getting quite complex.

Now Anakin and Vincent are going to be the Chancellor's kind of Splinter Cell team. Running on their own, doing the really dirty jobs.

Some of the jobs might not be as dirty as you would think. It all depends on your point of view ;)

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, even if we didn't already know that this is not going to turn out well.

Of course! It's not what happened thats important, but how it happened that keeps people coming for more. We all knew what would happen in episode III, but all of us still went and watched it :p

Still it should provide some excitement as thos etwo learn the fine art of sneaking around where they're not supposed to be. Great post Vivid_Scripts. As always you have left me wishing for more, answering some questions that I have but also creating many more at the same time.

Ahh, don't worry. Questions will be answered in time.

_ThatJediScum_- How does the saying go, The greatest lie the devil ever told was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

very true.

So Morningtide is a Jedi but NOT a Jedi **coughSithcough** and she's asking Vincent, Farrah and Anakin to help her *save* the Republic. I will say this Sidious does know how to pick his allies and his pawns.

But is Morningtide Sidious' ally or Sidious' pawn? Is she in on his scheme or is she in the dark?

One of the things I love about this story is how you depict the Clone Wars and the toll it is taking on the Republic and the Jedi who are fighting the war. There's a cost to be paid and the Jedi are baring the brunt of it.

Well, technically, the Republic isn't really fighting their own war. The clones, a manufactured army from a foreign world, are fighting it for them as a mercenary unit. and the Jedi? The Jedi are more like UN peacekeepers than weapons of warfare. How many Johnnies, Timmies, Landos and Hans left home to fight the war and defend their country against the separatists? Not very many. I think thats one of the flaws that caused the collapse of the republic- the people didn't care enough to stand up and fight to keep things together.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA- Thanks :)

Veloz- Oh man!.. this plot thickens

It seems to do that with every post...

Jaira- A beautiful standout line in a great chapter.

Thank you.

jedi_princess18- So this is how they get sucked in to becoming Sith...

maybe...

update coming momentarily...

The PM List
    MistiWhiteSun
    Iaranon
    jedi_princess18
    Jaira
    obsessedwithSW
    _ThatJediScum_
    JediMasterRev
    HandmaidenVeme
    Josh-Halcyon
    Mirik
    Veloz
    BabeeKim
    LoveAnakin1
    Raven_Alanna

19. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Lineage (Part II)

Alunas? voice fell silent.

?Well, I?? Vincent?s voice trailed off for a few moments. He lost himself in a mental stupor, as if his mind had been numbed by the information Alunas had just revealed. He found himself again, moments later, and continued his speech. ?I need to meditate upon this. Excuse me.?

The elder of the two Jedi rose and started for the bridge door. Farrah followed. At the door, he stopped and looked back at the spy.

?Where are we going to go now?? He asked.

?Glee Anselm.? She replied. ?I have a safe house there.?

Vincent nodded.

?You?ll meet some of the others like me,? she continued.

?Like you??

?Yes. Over the years, dozens- perhaps even hundreds- of Jedi trainees have been rejected and sent away from the Temple.?

?That?s true.? Farrah whispered.

Alunas nodded. ?In my travels, I?ve found many of these young ones, and they looked to me for guidance.?

?So, you have an enclave of Force-users and followers?? Vincent asked.

?They are like me, agents of the Republic.?

Vincent took in a deep breath. With a solemn nod, the Jedi dismissed himself. Farrah left with him.

Alunas? lips pursed as she took a seat next to Anakin in the first mate?s chair. She wasn?t sure what to think of the Jedi Sentinel, who was clearly the leader of the pair. Vincent seemed shocked by her revelations, but at the core, she could sense that he was really apathetic. Anakin seemed nauseated by the amount of graft and corruption she?d uncovered in the Senate and the Bureaucracy. Vincent didn?t seem to care.

Why wouldn?t he care about the Republic if he?d shed so much blood and fought so many battles to defend it? Of course. He is a Jedi. Jedi do their duty, whether they like it or not. However, Vincent?s apathy for the Republic extended on to his identity as a Jedi. Not only did he not care about the Republic, but he didn?t seem to care about being a Jedi, either. As a matter of fact, he hated being a Jedi.

?Tell me something, Alunas.? Anakin spoke up.

?Yes, Anakin??

?What you said about Senator Bel Iblis-?

?The Corellian??

?Yes. Everything you said about him is true??

?It is. Corellia has some of the deepest pockets in the Republic. In those pockets, Garm carries bureaucrats, other senators, judges? Add in the influence wielded by his allies, the senators of the Liberty Council, and you begin to have an idea of how much power he has at his disposal.?

?But the Liberty Council is only seven senators??

?That doesn?t matter. Those seven senators and the sectors they represent are a huge portion of the Republic?s economy. If Chandrila and Uyter were close down their agricultural trade, much of the Republic would starve. Corellian shipyards keep the galaxy flying. Amidala?s Chommel Sector controls some of the most profitable hyperspace trade routes in the Republic.?

Anakin scratched his cheek. ?But they?re the only ones that oppose the Chancellor. Earlier you said that the Senate is full of people that want the Chancellor dead??

?They?re the only ones brave enough to oppose the Chancellor openly. They are all so rich and influential that the Chancellor does not dare lay a hand on them. They represent interests and industries vital to the survival of the Republic. If any other fool were to step up, the Chancellor would silence them. He is, after all, a tyrant.?

Anakin scowled and leaned back in his chair.

?Let me tell you something about the Liberty Council, Anakin. They believe in ?democracy? only as it is applied to the Senate. Outside of the Senate, ?democracy? has no meaning to them. Why? Because in their own lands, in their own sectors, it is far easier to be a tyrant, or a dictator, or a king, or an emperor.?

?That?s not true. They have elected officials in Naboo.?

?Elected, yes, but not democratically, and not by popular vote. Elections in Naboo are carried out according to an electoral college. Electoral colleges can be rearranged, reapportioned, and reshaped to produce stilted elections.?

Anakin fell sile

20. Iaranon

Dec 30, 2005
    Wow, really heavy tie-ins with KOTOR now. Alunas is really a descendant of Bastilla? Does that mean that she's a descendant of Revan as well (I know they fall in love in the light side ending, but I don't know about the dark side alternative)?

And I don't get why the Jedi would raid and kill other Force users. That's not really their style, after all they tolerate plenty of independent cultures of Force users, like the Fallanassi, the Aing Ti Monks, the witches of Dathomir etc. They only go after the ones that go after them, i.e. the Sith.

Great post, Vivid_Scripts, you're really making it clear the road downhill that Anakin and Vincent are being manipulated into taking. I especially love the way that other characters empathise with them, but even that empathy is pushing them along this road to the Dark Side. Please continue soon.

21. _ThatJediScum_

Jul 28, 2005
    But is Morningtide Sidious' ally or Sidious' pawn? Is she in on his scheme or is she in the dark?

After reading this chapter, I'm going to say Pawn. :D

I get the disticnt feeling Sidious has just given his enemies a new ally. Betrayal is the way of the Sith and it seems like Alunas is going rogue at this point having been betrayed by Sidious. I'm assuming she's going to be looking to Vincent to help her or at the least to sow the seeds of suspicion in him like she did to Anakin in the flashback.

I know very little about KOTOR but it seems like a very interesting period to connect back to in this story. I think it adds to the richness and depth of the story you're telling.

Good chapter.

bran

22. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    So Alunas did "recruit" Anakin and Vincent to the Sith cause... so Sidious gets what he wants without getting his hands dirty.

Apparently Alunas changed her tune later on- otherwise why would she be hunted by Wraith?

23. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Ooh, Sith drama! I love it when they turn on each other!

24. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Iaranon- Wow, really heavy tie-ins with KOTOR now. Alunas is really a descendant of Bastilla? Does that mean that she's a descendant of Revan as well (I know they fall in love in the light side ending, but I don't know about the dark side alternative)?

The Revan/Bastila romance is in both endings.

And I don't get why the Jedi would raid and kill other Force users. That's not really their style, after all they tolerate plenty of independent cultures of Force users, like the Fallanassi, the Aing Ti Monks, the witches of Dathomir etc. They only go after the ones that go after them, i.e. the Sith.

well, the years have changed the Jedi.

Great post, Vivid_Scripts, you're really making it clear the road downhill that Anakin and Vincent are being manipulated into taking. I especially love the way that other characters empathise with them, but even that empathy is pushing them along this road to the Dark Side. Please continue soon.

indeed...

_ThatJediScum- After reading this chapter, I'm going to say Pawn.

heh.

I get the disticnt feeling Sidious has just given his enemies a new ally. Betrayal is the way of the Sith and it seems like Alunas is going rogue at this point having been betrayed by Sidious. I'm assuming she's going to be looking to Vincent to help her or at the least to sow the seeds of suspicion in him like she did to Anakin in the flashback.

Maybe. Alunas is rather manipulative, isn't she?

I know very little about KOTOR but it seems like a very interesting period to connect back to in this story. I think it adds to the richness and depth of the story you're telling.

jedi_princess18- So Alunas did "recruit" Anakin and Vincent to the Sith cause... so Sidious gets what he wants without getting his hands dirty.

Thats the way Sidious always is with his apprentices/followers. Look at the Trade Federation, Maul, Dooku... Anakin in RotS. True villains are users.

Apparently Alunas changed her tune later on- otherwise why would she be hunted by Wraith?

it seems she has, but not for the reasons you might think...

Jaira- Ooh, Sith drama! I love it when they turn on each other!

Its the way the Sith are, and the primary reason why they've never been able to beat the Jedi.

The PM List
    MistiWhiteSun
    Iaranon
    jedi_princess18
    Jaira
    obsessedwithSW
    _ThatJediScum_
    JediMasterRev
    HandmaidenVeme
    Josh-Halcyon
    Mirik
    Veloz
    BabeeKim
    LoveAnakin1
    Raven_Alanna

25. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Collapse (Part II)

Something was amiss. Obi-Wan could sense it. The Sith were nearby, and they were looking for him. His greatest fear was that they might find him. His only hope was that they wouldn?t. He was near his stop. The terminal to the flight he was taking was close the Coruscant Coliseum. The airbus came to a slow stop and the doors opened.

With Luke in his arms, Obi-Wan quickly stepped off the bus and began his brisk walk to the space cruiser terminal. He took a brief glance at the Coruscant Coliseum, that massive dome that stood foreboding in the background. If there had been a quarterball game, this walkway would have been flooded with hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people. Such a crowd would have made his escape easier.

Alas, it was not a game day. The Coliseum was empty, and Obi-Wan was alone on the walkway. An anxious breath escaped him as he paused and looked around. His pulse raced. Cold sweat beaded down his forehead. The Sith were closing in. He could sense it.

Luke began to cry. Obi-Wan tried his best to soothe the child, but the infant would not relent in his sobbing.

?Did you really think you would escape me, Master??

Ice pumped through Obi-Wan?s veins. For a moment, Luke stopped crying. The Jedi Master turned around and was at once confronted with a face that evoked from him both sorrow and trepidation. It was a face that had once belonged to his padawan, his son. Now, it was the face of a monster.

?Is that my son?? The evil one asked with a playful grin. He was flanked by two Imperial red guards.

Vader made a few playful faces at the child and Obi-Wan was shocked to see the child respond with laughter and joy.

?Give me my son.? The Sith?s playful expression evaporated as he considered Obi-Wan sternly.

?Anakin-?

?Don?t make me destroy you, old man. Give me my son.?

A dozen Stormtroopers appeared behind Vader.

?You don?t have much of a choice, Master.?

Vader was right. Obi-Wan had no choice. The Jedi Master slowly stepped forward and reluctantly placed the child into the Sith warrior?s arms.

?My son!? Vader shouted triumphantly. The Sith warrior cradled Luke in his arms and playfully tickled the child?s chest with his finger. A rancid feeling washed over Obi-Wan as he realized that those hands that tickled Luke with such love and affection were the same hands that had murdered innumerable Jedi with anger and hatred. The child, so innocent, giggled giddily in his father?s arms.

?He?s precious, isn?t he?? Vader asked as he gently rocked Luke in his arms. ?Oh, my boy, you have your father?s eyes! Doesn?t he, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan glared at his former padawan, and he could not deny the feeling of impending doom. The Dantooine security footage was looping over and over in his head. Those six knights fought with such grace and style. They honed their skills perfectly, their technique was impeccable.

They should have succeeded. They had failed.

Obi-Wan had not only seen the recording of the event, but he?d seen the products. He?d treaded through those hallways, he?d seen the corpses. Most of them were rotting by the time Obi-Wan had arrived, and the smell was unbearable. What he?d seen would haunt him for the rest of his life: the decapitated bodies, the young padawans cut down in the gardens, Ferus Olin left out in the fields for the vultures.

?Doesn?t he have my eyes, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan looked up at Vader and nodded reluctantly. Perhaps the most harrowing detail from the Dantooine security tape was the expression of extreme satisfaction which came to Vader?s face each time he cut down one of his Jedi foes. It was the same gleeful grin that was on his face now.

?I?ll make a fine warrior of you, my son.? Vader kissed the Luke on the forehead and turned to his Imperial red guards. He handed Luke to one of the guards. ?Take him to my ship.? The guards bowed curtly and left. Vader looked to his stormtroopers. ?Leave us.?

?Well, master, I fear we might be standing on opposing sides of this conflict?? Vader turned to face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.