main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 07

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by bdillon, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I went to bed last night right after my AMP crashed, and I slept til 9, too.

I'm normally supposed to be at work at 9. [face_blush]

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, that was Zac. It's too good - I had to put it in my sig-line. [face_laugh]

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    So this is what StarFest is like huh? I may have to go more often.

I don't know what to say other than I had a blast and it was fun to see everyone together and having a good time. I know there are a lot of rumors going around about me and I just want to say that all of them are true. :D

4. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Grimby was the Fro Man! [face_laugh]

And that was NOT hair gel. [face_mischief]

5. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    why do you torture me so Zoo!

I will be a good girl and not get banned today

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    IIRC, it was Bacardi. ;)

7. SandyShortsTusken

SandyShortsTusken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2003
    This has to go down as one of my favorite cons of all time. Favorite Highpoints in no particular order:
    1) I blew through $70 in chocolates in two nights, and only had a small hand full of kisses left over for sunday. The chocolate covered candy sticks were the most popular, with the dark chocolate truffles a close second.
    2) I successfully navigated Lenord Nimoy's autograph line and two flights of stairs in full Tusken regalia.
    3) Being told by a female friend that she "Doesn't hate me as much as she pretends to". While I certainly appreciate the candor, I am still unclear on the concept. Does this mean she still hates me, but no enough to wish me dead?
    4) It taking three complete elevator loads to move the RMFF up to the 5th floor Saturday night, and once there, the entire mob starts debating which room we're supposed to go to.
    5) And yes, RMFF has all the hot girls! <- this fact was pointed out to me by three seperate RMFF ladies Saturday night.
    6) Sarnia's active use of her Hi-Beams all night long (I saw at least 3 of them), but sadly, no Brake-Lights.
    7) Teasing Cory!
    8) Two words: SPACE BALLS!!!!

8. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So howmany apples where you pulling out of your fro in the morning? I did add some Papyri(?sp?) to it to make it smell better. Oh yea P-Josh was giving me cookies to throw into it, so you could have a snack.

9. SandyShortsTusken

Nov 5, 2003
    9) Pickled Cinnamon Apples
    10) John Millers's purple beverage in the tall container
    11) Yoda ears (directional handles)
    12) Fondling the Tribble
    13) A certain Catholic School Girl outfit
    14) Having only 4 people recognize my shoveler costume as being from the Flaming Carrot comic books. Now that is esoteric.

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    On the plus side (and there are a lot of good things from this con), I talked to the Mrs. about going to Mile High Con. Because it is more of a literary con (and she is a published newspaper writer, and an aspiring novelist), she has agreed to go to MHC. One of our favorite authors, David Weber, author of the Honor harrington novels is going to be there --that sold the deal. So yes, I have found a way to get the wife to go to a con. :D [face_mischief]

I'm going to call and reserve the room ahead of time. I'm also going to put together some stuff for their art show and also apply for press passes (for both of us) for that event.

So now that Starfest is over, can the MHC preparations begin? ;) [face_devil]

11. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    gotta get through Opus and CIV first

12. SandyShortsTusken

Nov 5, 2003
    So I can hit on you in front of the wifey? :p

Seriously man, you probably need to warn her, like maybe the day before you come up for MHC, just how wild we can be. It can be VERY intimidating for Con-Virgins.

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yup, planning on it. I have a few months to get her prepared. :)

ED: Just got the room reserved, got the one with internet access and breakfast buffet. It was $104/night, but at least I can write it off and I have plenty of time to prepare artwork, and the wife, for the con.

Cory --since you sold artwork at Starfest, I'm going to assume that you are writing off all of your expenses for the weekend, right? (Hotel, meals, mileage, etc.) :)

14. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    love the spacballs costumes those are great

15. verdon

verdon Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Great Year at StarFest. Met a few of you guys and had a few laughs. Apart from the fire alarms going off, it was a blast. I can't remember the name of who I hung out with outside when the two fire trucks arrived. We were both in costume at the time and had to get to our rooms. Had to climb the stairs since the elevators were off limits. Anyways, it was great to see you guys.

16. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    As we were driving away from the hotel, the ewok started crying. When we asked her what was wrong, she said "I miss the con already". And she was the one who kept asking when we were leaving. :rolleyes:

She also wanted to know if it was again next weekend. [face_hypnotized]

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And now she wants a Samus (Metroid) costume for Opus because she wants to be in the costume contest.

18. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    That would be AWSOME!!!!

A Mini Samus costume!!!!!

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

That is tooo precious!

20. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Thanks everybody for all the compliments and pics you guys took with us! I'm trying to make sure that everyone else hears all the love for the Spaceballs, but there's just so much to relay! Thanks for all the support, guys (and ladies). I had a blast as Dark Helmet, though it was hard getting anywhere stopping every 3 feet for a picture. [face_laugh]

21. SandyShortsTusken

Nov 5, 2003
    I made Dark Helmet Blush!

22. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003

Thats not hard. Making becca blush is kinda tough.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Just ask Zoo about that one. ;) [face_devil] [face_mischief]

24. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I don't know what you are talking about

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    That's a misconception. She blushes more than anyone else we know. You should try making ZOO blush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.