main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 07

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by bdillon, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Spacegodzilla.jpg]

SpaceGodzilla would work nicely at Starfest, don't you think? ;)

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I love Godzilla, I have slippers for Starfest this year. I was thinking of making a robe with stuffed hands on them & ridges on the hood & back of the robe. Now it looks like it's going to be more a reality then before???

3. Reya

Reya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2007
    I don't know what kind of costume I would do but I will be there this year. And for the first time I can volunteer to help with the table or whatever is needed. :D

4. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Too bad Cthulhu isn't a canon Godzilla monster... Cthulhu > Godzilla. Godzilla's only saving grace is that Cthulhu lay dreaming in the dead city R'lyeh. Dagon, on the other hand...

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Nigel, you're the only person I know who would use > (ie Greater Than) in a conversation. Dork.

6. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I only use it in text. I don't sit there and say "Cthulhu is greater than Godzilla."

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    If the scholars were wrong, and Godzilla is not in fact, an atomic monster, he may very well have existed in Biblical times. Being that he arises from the sea, it's likely that he is Father Dagon, Greater Servitor of the Mighty Cthulhu -- worshipped by the Philistines and Canaanites. His presence was prevalent from 2500 BC to 200 BC when the temple at Azotus was destroyed by Jonathan Macabeas, no doubt destroying all records on how to summon the Father! Furthermore, with the mention of the Leviathan, another being from the abyss -- this allows another possibility, as the Leviathan was often times likened to the Devil -- a great destructor and devourer of mankind!

Pre-Biblical scholars wrote of the Kraken, often times referenced as either an enormous squid, or large reptilian beast. Either of these could have been Father Dagon/Godzilla or Cthulhu. It's unlikely that it was the Mighty Cthulhu unless he awoke momentarily to check the stars awaiting his return from his deep slumber! How awful it would have been for me to miss his awakening! One day he will rise, and only the faithful shall be given the privilege to watch the Great Devourer consume all life...before being among the last to be devoured themselves!

*blinks...looks cautiously around the room...wipes sweat from his brow*

Ummm...I mean...I think it would be perfectly fine to do a Cthulhu or Dagon costume.

*slowly backs out of the room, whistling innocently to himself*

8. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    *cough*CRAZY*cough*

9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003

no, not really. thats preaty much on par for him.

Josh, I think you are onto something.

10. Reya

Reya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2007
    So I could do a costume of "devoted follower about to be sacrificed to the Great Devourer"...

...what would that look like?

11. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Aren't the followers of Cthulhu supposed to be devoured first, to spare them the torment and suffering the Great Elder will inflict upon the world?

Or is that just rationalization?

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    There's nothing rational about Cthulhu to begin with. His followers will be devoured last so we can watch the mayhem and destruction we've...ummm...

Hey, isn't Carrie Fisher supposed to be at Starfest this year?

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002

seems rational to me that if you follow a giant squid with a bad attitude you would want to see all he can do before you bite it.

yeah, they need to get around to getting the guests posted,

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Rachel Luttrell stars on the hit cable TV sci-fi series Stargate Atlantis as Teyla Emmagan. She plays the leader of a hunted, yet proud group of humanoids living on the same world as the ancient city of Atlantis. Her character is a valuable member of the Stargate team and is more than capable in hand-to-hand combat and acts as a guide to the Earthling visitors that have come to inhabited her ancestral home.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I have a room reserved for the con. Yay!!

So what's this years group costume???

I know I've got one planned already, but I ain't saying what it is [face_mischief]

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm kinda-sorta-but-not-really thinking about trying to finish one of my old projects...

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a special costume being arranged for this one... But it's almost a secret [face_devil] [face_mischief]

18. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    Wait, I've got it--

TROGDOR!!!!

[image=http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~rbender/otakon05/regs/img_5105.jpg]

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Kate Vernon Confirmed For Starfest

Genre fans have come to love Kate's hateful protrayal of Ellen Tigh, the scheming wife of Galactic's Executive Officer, on the hit Sci-Fi series Battlestar Galactica. Her character's lust for power and bold power-plays eventually led to her cruel death this season at the hands of her beloved husband.

Who knows her true fate? Will Kate return to the series as one of the mysterious "unseen" cylons? Perhaps we'll find out at Starfest...

Oh! wouldn't that be totally unexpected! I never even considered her as a cylon.

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    You're kidding right?

21. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I saw your edit Kimmy! What were you really gonna say?!

Cor, you big dumb bear, how could you not suspect her? [face_mischief]

I really didn't considering the way she died from the poison Tigh gave her and how long was she married to Tigh? I don't know, I just didn't.

Geez! Sorry! Where's my dunce cap?! [face_mischief] ;)

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Aw snap. I gotta get our reservations.

23. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, I must get that chore done myself soon. It should be a great weekend. Can't wait.

Somebody has permission to kick me in the BUTT if I don't submit a piece for the art show this year!

24. Magdalene

Magdalene Jedi Master star 4

Nov 22, 2005
    ::grabs the first place in line::

25. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    *note to self: get steel toed boots from work and take with me to Starfest*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.