main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Starfest 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey guys! Speaking of volunteering for the table, I just got this from Jedi Girl of Corellia, our esteemed RSA:

In April, the weekend after CIII there is going to be a rather large Convention in Denver. I had a blast last year. Anyway, the RMFF is working on setting up a table for it and we think that we may do just a FanForce table instead of one specific to our City. We would like to know if there is anyone from any other regions that will be attending and if they would like to contribute to the table.
    Oh, and btw, if you want to find out more about Starfest, you can visit the Starland web page.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Its looking more and more each week That I will be going to starfest this year.My older bro (not birr) wants us to go and SG-14 wants to man a table. I enjoyed last year.If we had a general fanforce table I think I would have to go.

3. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, Sarah said that's what she wants (a general FanForce table). Make sure you have Mistress or Sarah request the FanForce banner for that weekend, if you can. There's a thread over in the CR forums for that...

4. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    In case no one's checked, here's the guest list for StarFest

Actors: William Shatner (Star trek,duh, rescue 911 and boston legal) - Tony Amendola (Master Bra'Tac) - Jeffrey Combs (weyoun, cmd sharn and many horror roles) - Dean Haglund (X-files geek) - Matthew Helms

Authors: Voltair - Christie Golden - Dayton Ward - Kevin Dilmore - Dave McDonnell

5. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    shatner! argh... and I am going to ***@ing miss him! argh!!!

Not going this year for several reasons, one being that weekend, hopefully I will FINALLY be moving into my house

6. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    blows dust off the thread

Anyone still coming up for this?

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Prolly not. It's the weekend following C3, and we'll be recovering all week long.

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I really wish I could but I move into my house the weeekend of C3 and will be working the next few weeks painting and all that other fun stuff!

9. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    well...there will be other things there besides William Shatner, I think I'll pass on seeing him but I might be going anyways.

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    pass on Shatner?! pass on Shanter!? That man is an icon! I would love to see him in person! and he's funny too

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    ....I don't really like star trek though, but then again I have never seen any star trek movies or tv shows.

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    So how can you say you don't like Star Trek?!

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There will be lots going on, and a general FanForce table. This could give you guys a little "represent" for folks who might not know about you in your area... There have been quite a few NMers there in the past, as it is the biggest media con in the region :)

And for the guys... The new Starbuck is gonna be there ;)

14. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    In the event no one can make it up do you guys have some flyers that we could pass out at the table?

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    okay, then there is no reason to say you don't like Star Trek? never even seen one episode? Captain Kirk is an icon... and I hate to say it without the trekkie conventions starting there wouldn't be many other sci fi cons around.

there are some on our website that you can print out or we can print some and mail them to someone or Bob can give some to Zoo at C3

Man, I wish I could come, even though I have the time off I still have to work that friday. hum.... i wonder... no, i need to put my house together...

16. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    :-B ahem. Through my indepth study of the situation its is my conclusion that a house can be put together anytime.Including,but not limited to during the con or after the con. Time after the con is infinite, your chances to meet the shatman is only a brief window.So by doing a ratio comparrison I belive the con could be a worth while time spent and then using the infinte time after the con to put your house is the best way to proceed.

:D

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Besides, there are a ton of geek guys and geek parties going on all weekend ;) [face_devil]

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    when I said I have never seen any Star Trek, is I mean it does not interest me the way Star Wars does...therefore I don't have a desire to see it. I wasn't arguing or trying to start an argument so please don't make it into one.

19. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We're not trying to make an argument, LadyNab. We're just wondering why you say you don't like it if you haven't really checked it out.

It's good (mostly).

20. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    LadyNaberrie... no arguements being started - its called giving you a hard time. I could care less if you ever watch star trek I was only teasing you, but whatever...

IB - I wish but I have to paint my house before I can move stuff into it and no infiinte time, if I don't do it right away I will never do it. But like I said, I have to work that friday anyways so I wouldn't be able to drive up until late and then come back as soon as I can... but if I can get the time to come I will. I had to cancel my trip to Denver this weekend cause of having to buy stuff for the house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.