main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2006 April 21-23

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    So 5 now...

Does you're clone want to stay too??

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the clone may. but we will have to see what work is doing at the time. since we are both going for new jobs[face_dancing] , this is only a maybe at the moment[face_worried] . but if By chance we can't i will give you plenty of warning and pay for my spot if it cant be filled in time[face_peace] .

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Besides the hotel rooms, are any costumes plans happening? I figure I could start planning now so that when the last week of march comes I can panic in a planned way.

;)

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I have been tossing ideas around. I just don't know if I am really going to have time. I leave in at the end of Feb and get back mid march.

The one I WAS thinking about is very involved....I need to talk to my co-hort about that.

EDIT

We should do some type of group thing this year..since there is no C3 and all. ;)

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    :_| :_| :_|

You just had to remind us of that, didntya?!?!!!

I keep thinking how excited I was at this point last year.

6. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    this is going to be great i know several people at www.avistrum.org who will be in attendace as well

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    JGoC - Yes, I'd be interested in the suite. I still haven't priced the different options, but at this point I'm interested.

Costumes... I'm hoping to do a new Goa'uld costume, but I have to confess I haven't done anything other than just think about it so far. It's definitely time to get to work. Other than that, probably either the Arwen Blood Red dress or Celebration Leia?

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I really like the way you think! :D

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm going to be doing my Egyptian Goddess Isis costume. *Glares at the twins* Don't you DARE call me pregnant again :mad:

If I put on a wrist thingie, I could easily pass off as a Goa'uld

And my dear cohort, I think we should wait on the involved costumes. I doubt I'd be ready by April for this... but I'm looking into the materials for you!!!!!

The cosutmes I wear depends on how well things go for me. But the Goddess is one I definetly will finish. :)

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003

for the record it was the other one saying that. I have more brains than that.

11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey

nnay and Fenig

if you guys aren't going to wear your ST and Friends costumes at Star Fest may I borrow them?

The Huckleberry Pie guy was confused and thought we where shooting for Star Fest

I now have an Apricot Jam

and I think I have a Lemon

Thanks!

13. bdillon

bdillon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I will definitely be making the trip from Grand Junction again this year for the con. It's always a fun time for me to get away for awhile.

So! What stars would everyone out there like to see come this year? I just hope Starland doesn't wait until a couple of weeks before the con to announce who's coming like they have in the past. It would at least be nice to know which people they have invited even if they haven't yet comfirmed it.

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    DUUUUUDE!

You are one heck of a modeler! :eek: =P~

15. bdillon

bdillon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005

Thanks a lot ZOO!

Not only do I make decent money doing it but it is also quite the sanity saver for me.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Holy miniatures Batman!

Those are amazing!!!!!!!!!! !! !

I'm in agreance with Zoo, you are quite the modeler!

17. bdillon

bdillon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Thanks very much Jedi Girl. I appreciate the compliment.

I'll have to be sure and keep my eyes open at the con for all of these cool sounding costumes I've been reading about. Since I'm so into craftsmanship and making things I'm always interested in seeing what other people use theirtalent and skills to produce. I've been pretty impressed with all of the really nice costumes I've seen in past years and I'm sure this year will be no different.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    JGoC, you've inspired me. I was just starting to get the first signs of panic about getting a new goa'uld costume done - I mean, I should have started this last fall, not now - but if you're doing yours, then I am determined to make mine as well. Now I just have to decide which one to do. I've been feeling terribly indecisive between a custom Goa'uld and Qe'tesh.

I'm going to start experimenting with some new ideas for the hand device this weekend, after another trip to the hobby store.

Bdillon - as for Starfest, we've got a group of us who are cheering for them to bring Joe Flannigan from SG: Atlantis. Speaking of which... if we want to petition Starfest with letters, maybe we should start getting going on that? Hmmm.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oo! Do a custome one!

I'll be doing Isis again, but since she's dead during the actual time the show is supposed to take place, I'm justifying that's why she's wearing the whole ancient egyptian stuff. :D

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I may even be able to get a certain costumer to visit us for the weekend [face_mischief]

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Ooo! Costumes!

*almost opens up a new window to start researching what he needs for something new*

Ehh...maybe not.

22. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Sarnia, I'd be happy to either wear the, Blueberry again, or lend it.

I have two other costumes planned, budget permitting, but it's up to you.

23. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    If you want to wear it with us that would be cool=)

24. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I'll be there again this year with all my friends. Hopefully I can finish my Arwen dieing dress in time. It's all cut out we just need to sew it together. I would also like to make the outfit she wears when she brings Frodo to Rivendell, but seeing as I don't even have a pattern figured out it may not happen. I would also like to do Eowyn's dress from Return of the King. I at least have a pattern for that, but we'll see. I may be bringing some old costumes out of the closet.

25. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    *excuse to wear newish costume* [face_thinking]
    one class cancelled April 21 :D...will have to check for exams
    (and other such unmissables) in other classes that day, but...
    I think I'm good to go (weather permitting)[face_cowboy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.