main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2006 April 21-23

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Just remember that things aren't going to be in 'rooms' this year. they are going to be out on the mezzanine. so things will not be secured at night.

Just a reminder. :)

2. bdillon

bdillon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah. But the stuff on display or entered in the model show and art show will be in designated rooms and locked up at night. Most of the things out in the hallways will be club and fan tables which don't require entire rooms to display.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Speaking of which, I had a suggestion.

Every year, no matter how much we say ahead of time that it won't happen again, we always end up with unidentified stuff at the table. What would people think of little mini sticker tags, kept at the table, that can be slapped on stuff, with people's names?

4. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    ALso please remember that we no longer have a banner stand... That one disappeared last year

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    No it didn't, that was just the paper banner, someone still had the stand.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The new banner has been 'redone' I'll get that and bring it for sure.

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Last I heard, no one had seen the stand since then :confused:

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Zoo you are right...not quite sure where the stand is. We might want to look into getting a new one before Starfest or the Xwing welcome back.

9. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I was just looking at the Starfest site and they have added Dirk Benidict (Starbuck from the original BSG and "Face" in The A-Team) I'm starting get really bummed that we can't make it this year!!!:(

But they listed his year of birth and he is actually older than my dad so maybe I will just let my childhood infatuation with Starbuck stay in my memory...;)

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Now I am singing the A-Team song in my head...

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff was planning on making another stand, so please if anyone knows where it is please speak up now before he goes out of his way to make version 2.0.

Can we get the size of the banner we have now?

How about if anything is left at the table when it's time to pack up every night it becomes 'finders keepers'?

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Stacy has the banner...

13. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Guess I could be wrong about the stand...

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
  15. bdillon

bdillon Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Cool!! Starbuck was by far my favorite character on the original series.

I've read several places that he will have absolutely nothing to do with the new series. Apparently he had been contacted about doing a quest spot and flat turned them down. It's no secret that he is not a fan of the new series. Especially of the characters.

16. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    There's a fabulous photo of Katie Sackhoff and Dirk Benedict smoking stoagies in a Starbucks,
    so he's got a sense of humor about it in there somewhere.

17. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Speaking of guests who have been added to Starfest [Pointing to the post above me]

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Now if Carrie has ever been in a Superhero movie or tv show, it would really be helpful to me.

So far the only thing I have on my schedule with any invited guest are two animated appearances by George Takei.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Kudos Carrie! ;) I knew her when.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay Kids!! Need to know if we are going to do a table or not, & what will our panel subject be......

Yet another email from Starfest.

If you are interested in presenting a panel or activity (or both, or more than one) please send me the following. Yes, you may have provided the contact information already, but I file my email by year so it's easier for me to find the most recent information. The panel/activity name and description are needed for the web site and program book, so if you don't send them I can't get you on the web site. I can link to your web site if people need more information, so feel free to send your link. I can change the web page until just before the convention, so you can send something now and send changes if you need to.

If you are doing multiple panels you only need to send your contact information once, but please send separate information for each panel/activity.

The rooms that are available this year:

Main Events (special cases)
    Aspen Theater (Panel Room 1) -- Theater style, seats 68. Screen, microphone, projector (for laptop hookup) will be available.
    Evergreen Room E (Panel Room 2) -- theater style, seats 75. Will have a microphone available
    Evergreen Room F (Panel Room 3) -- set up with tables and chairs for "crafty" panels, about 50 seats (more if I can get the hotel to put more in there). Will be on the dance floor
    (Evergreen E and F are not available after 7:00 on Saturday due to the Ball setup)
    Longs Peak (on the Mezzanine, Panel Room 4) -- classroom style, seats 36
    Aspen theater is available Friday and Saturday until 7:30 only (there will be a comedy show presented by two of the guests).
    Evergreen E and F are available Friday until 9:00; Saturday until 7:00.

Programming is usually Friday evening 6-midnight, Saturday 8am to midnight (depending on which room), Sunday 8am to 6pm

21. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Whoa. I'm on the website. Duuuuuuuuude.....!

In other news, my whole plan to go to Starfest incognito as a total fangirl is kind of all shot to heck. I still don't know exactly what I'm doing. Probably a reading, probably a panel or two. There might also be some cool book giveaways, so stay tuned. I'm hoping the advanced reader copies of Book 2 will be ready by then.

Obi_Wannabe: I grew up watching The Hulk and Wonder Woman, does that help?

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh now i am singing wonderrrr woooommman in my head. thanks a lot! ;)

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Congrats Doni.

OK -

Are we doing a table? Are we doing a panel? If so what is it about?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i don't care...i am just not sitting there the ENTIRE time.

25. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I am willing to man the table for some shifts but not the entire time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.