Starfest 2010 - April 16-18 at the Marriott DTC!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 17, 2009.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    no, just the stuff that can walk off.
  2. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    woohooo! i will be getting there around 9 or so to help with the registration group. So i will be there when you get there.
  3. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    r u going to need help moving the thing friday?
  4. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Cory can move himself just fine [face_laugh]

Yes I would love some help moving the turret once I get it there. I am tentatively going to be there around 10:00 am
  5. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    if he is moving slow i will just pick him up and move him aside.

call when you get there. i should already be there by the time you get there.
  6. ibentmywookie81 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    stupid work!! only gonna be able to go on saturday. i thought this would be the year i'd be able to go all 3 days for sure...
  7. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    grimby's official checklist

reservation - check
    tickets - check
    dharma jumpsuit - need to sew on the patch
    backstroke panel - PPT 90% complete, DVD with new audio needs finalizing
    backstroke flyers - print them up tomorrow or else
  8. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I am gonna try and go to starfest on SATURDAY! Lol I've never been before so it will be an experience for me. Its been 2 shirt sizes since I've seen you all LOL Friday I'm playing d&d of all things so I will only be going to the 2nd day of starfest. (Or trying) :)
  9. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    FYI for parking....

Free parking is available at the Denver Marriott DTC (there is a charge for Valet Parking) and the Hilton Gardens Inn. The Office Park across the street will be charging $10.00 a day this year if you want to park your car in their lot. The attendants will be there handing out parking passes on Friday until midnight, Saturday until midnight and Sunday until the convention ends. There will be NO OVERNIGHT parking in Office Parks lot. Cars in violation of this will be towed. Getting to the convention early makes even more cents?I mean sense.

crazy thing i used to work in that office park across the street...NOTHING goes on there during the weekend. *rolleyes*
  10. TheFettedOne Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can't blame them for wanting to make money.
  11. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    See you there Joey!

And yeah, that sucks about the parking. I foresee a lot of cars being towed as people are definitely going to forget and leave their cars in the lot overnight.
  12. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i still think it sucks...but yah...started packing hehehe
  13. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Wow.. I pretty much parked there every year. Not anymore I guess! They'll make money this year, but next year people will wise up and it will be abandoned.
  14. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Maybe we need to invest in an orange cone so if someone needs to run out they can put that in their spot :p

15. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Wow, that's just dumb. Seriously dumb. No overnight parking in that lot --there isn't enough room at the hotel for people who stay there as it is. What a cluster ****.

One more reason to leave this stupid location. :mad::mad::mad:
  16. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    don't forget you can park at the hilton garden....they don't have a lot but it is something.

and i like the marriott for CON. I don't like that they are charging across the street. I will tell you that next year they said the hotel is going to start charging...
  17. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    What time does "overnight" start? Midnight? 2 am?

And I totally agree with Obey_Wann that this is a total crock of stinky poo. I park there every year since I don't get a room and can't show up early. I have other stuff going on and can't be at the con all day every day. I'll just have to troll for a spot hoping somebody leaves. I'm not willing to pay $10 each day that I go down there to park Not gonna happen.

18. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    does anyone know if the hotel will validate if you have a room? how much is the valet? and does $10 a day mean you get a ticket and can come and go? should the rmff invest in some 2 day parking passes? maybe the parking attendant can rope off a spot for us.
  19. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Neither the hotel nor the con has anything to do with that parking lot, therefore, no validation.

Next year hotel parking will be $2.
  20. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    they are not charging for the parking at the hotel THIS year. they said that would start next year....JOC did valet last year. i am trying to remember what she said it was.
  21. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't remember. They charged it to the room though. I think it was around $10 but I'm not sure. It was funny watching him get through the snow to bring my car back to me. Heh.
  22. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    At least it looks like the weather will be good this year.
  23. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    I'm not going to lie, that huge snowstorm made the con a thousand times cooler last year! It was like being trapped on a snowy island with hundreds of other nerds, and bathtubs full of disgusting blood wine to keep us alive![face_sick]
  24. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have secured stanchions from WOTR & DH says he has the rope. I just need someone to pick them up Friday. I was late getting to the museum last night and didn't want to dig around in Hangar 2 for them @ 9:30PM.
  25. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    FYI-If someone who has contact with the Starland honchos wants to float a publicity shot with Tim Rose coming out to sign the X-Wing, I can try to set it up with WOTR. Might be a good way to get press for the con and the museum.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby