main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2010 - April 16-18 at the Marriott DTC!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The weekend was awesome! It was great seeing everyone. Thanks again for getting me back to my room, it was an adventure. And I appreciate the assistance with the virgins.

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    hey ur awesome when we are sober too [:D]

we got home last night and don crashed right away. i lasted til about 830 pm. then i crashed hard.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I somehow stayed up until about 11 and then crashed like a rock. Just woke up. Feels good to sleep in.

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    What a weekend!Once again I didnt have enough time to spend with everyone but it was a blast!

I am unpacking and doing laundry.

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    My goal is to get unpacked by Wed, rather than procrastinating on it for over a week like I usually do. :p

I will also try to get picks uploaded by the weekend. And there is a question... what to do with the video I have? [face_thinking][face_whistling]

6. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    It was great seeing you Alison!
    I think you can upload it to rmff.net. Grimby should know.

7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I had a fabulous time with everybody! Quite the adventure all weekend.

Major kudos to Grimby for coordinating and making the fan table happen. DH and S__C did a fabulous job in setting it up and taking it down throughout the weekend. I heard many positive and impressed comments about the props and the turret. And thanks to all our table volunteers and their smiling faces for welcoming anybody who came up and chatted with us to learn more about the group.

The two panels went very well and Grimby and FettedOne both did great jobs. Both panels were full and I heard much laughter during Backstroke of the West and saw the rapt attention during the video game panel. Thanks for pulling those together guys and representin'!

Thanks to Obi-Wannabe for hosting the Dr. Horrible party that several of us couldn't get into. We tried, but you were just too popular! Despite the A/V problems I heard you had, sounds like it was a great time.

A hearty RMFF thanks to Obey-Wann and Imperial_Birrer for daring to host our evening shindigs/madness on Friday and Saturday nights. I do believe I can safely say that good times were had by all...whether you remember all of them or not.

Another awesome (and safe) Starfest is under our belts. Thanks for the memories.

I await our wonderful secretarian's meeting notes to be posted.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    my favorite time was sitting in the room with Sarah Saturday afternoon & was giddy from lack of sleep..we Supernatural geeked out...so much fun.

glad everyone is safe now..at least physically.

9. Darklord49

Darklord49 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Will the group photo be posted here?

Austin-
    TK-1649

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Would everyone please upload their photos to the web site? :D

There are TWO ways to upload photos to the RMFF Gallery:

Gallery Remote
    It's easy! Just register on the RMFF Gallery page and then download this handy tool to directly upload all your photos! This is the crown jewel, folks. And once you have this tiny program installed, you will be able to easily upload all your RMFF-related photos anytime you want.

Simply open the program, log in, and add your photos to a new album. Inside Gallery Remote, you will be able to see a preview of each image, rotate and crop if necessary (from some digital cameras, it will automatically rotate the image for you), and add quick captions. When you are ready, it will upload them all directly to the server.

Download Gallery Remote here and start using it!

Gallery URL info (you will need this to log in from the Gallery Remote):
    Alias: whatever you want
    Username/Password: obvious
    Gallery type: Standalone
    URL: http://www.rmff.net/rmff/gallery2/

From the Web Site
    1. Create an account on the main site and log in
    2. From the main gallery page (Rocky Mountain Fan Force gallery), choose "Add Album" from the left drop-down menu.
    3. Add a title and description.
    ---- Name - a simple unique name for the album that is used on the server (i.e. grimby1).
    ---- Title - the title of the album (i.e. Grimby's Sock Drawer)
    ---- Summary (optional) - this is a brief blurb that will show up under the thumbnail and title on the main page
    ---- Keywords (optional)- keywords to be use by the site's search engine
    ---- Description (optional)- This is the description of the album that will show up on the album page under the title.
    4. Enter any or all of this information and click "Create" at the bottom
    5. The next screen is a bunch of settings that are already setup for you. You don't need to mess with this.
    6. From the menu on the left, click "Add Items"
    7. There are several choices in the tabs here for uploading photos. I have not tested them all out yet, but the main ones to keep an eye on are "From Web Browser," "Upload Applet," and "Gallery Remote"
    ---- If you have a whole set of photos to upload, I recommend either using the upload applet, in which you can drag and drop your files in and upload them all at once, or downloading and installing the gallery remote program which does the same thing, but with a lot more features.
    ---- Once your photos are uploaded, you can rotate them if needed, or edit their names and captions.
    8. You need not worry about resizing your images, the system will do this automatically and offer different sizes for viewing on the site. :)

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks for posting that, Ben. I'll give it a try.

12. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Whew, what a weekend. Had a blast, it was great to see everybody.Trying to put pix up now.

Scariest thing I saw all weekend: As I was headed through the parking lot to my car sporting X-wing pilot gear, someone's chocolate covered urchin came running at me full speed, sticky hands extended to poke and prod the details on the flight suit. The look of horror in my eyes must have been something to see.

Thankfully, he stopped short and only wanted to look.

Second scariest thing: I met teh real Kip Drordy [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  14. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Gonna hafta just link to Photobucket for now. Having trouble downloading the program and the RMFF site will only let me stay logged in on the front page, not on the gallery page.

Pix is up.

15. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    You also gave him your facebook info. Your friend stock may plummet :p

16. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Joe, sometimes you just have to re-login on the gallery page. The system is a little buggy so try the gallery's password recovery if all else fails.

17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Was that the kid outside the Superhero Cinema room on Saturday night? :-B Jenny and I told him we'd find him through Joe so we didn't have to give him ours.... [face_worried]

18. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    My legs are quite sore from all the walking around but it was worth the hurt. :D

So good to talk with most of You and Mac is now, My Favorite-ist Happy Drunk!!! [face_laugh]

I might need to dress like The Dude every year now. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    [face_blush] im sticking with tea next year.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Welcome to my world, Mac. ;)

21. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    But what will I do for Irish-accented after-hours entertainment?!

(Oh, I know...whiskey is the same color as tea....[face_devil] )

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yeah, we shoulda got video of that. ;)

I now have a couple of albums up:

501st/RL/RMFF with Con-Goers

501st/RL/RMFF only

501st/RL Submission Photos

I shot a LOT more pics, but these are what I have online. More will go up tonight. And I still haven't had success with uploading to RMFF.net, I'll mess with that tonight or tomorrow.

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    How the heck did I miss the Staypuft Marshmellow Man? OMG!

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That's Cal. He brought it out late on Sunday.

25. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Thanks, Ben!

Okay pix is up, for real this time :p