main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[StarFest 2010] Official Fan Table Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Apr 5, 2010.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's back! We will once again be manning a fan table to represent the RMFF at StarFest. In times past, the RMFF fan table became the place for us to meet up with each other, hang out, and recruit new members. This year, we will also have the turret from the Hoth parade float next to the table, which is going to attract a lot of photo ops and attention to the group. We are looking for a few good men and women to dress up in their Hoth best and man the turret.

[image=http://www.tcc.edu/faculty/webpages/PShaw/UncleSam_2.gif]
    The RMFF Wants YOU
    To Help Man the RMFF Fan Table

Here are the details:
    Table Operation Times: Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 9am-6pm (or whenever we leave)

Setup Time: 8:30ish Saturday and Sunday morning

Table Details: We're planning on having the RMFF banner and table runner to decorate the table, as well as a laptop with a new RMFF slideshow and a sign-up form for new recruits. I heard a rumor that we might have some propaganda to hand out as well. We may also have a dummy (I think Jonathan volunteered for this already) wearing a costume to showcase.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share them. I'm open to pretty much anything that might spruce things up a bit.

(For reference, here is the StarFest Schedule.)

And here's the table sign-up schedule. I'm keeping a spreadsheet of the schedule that will be available at the table. Note that I've included times on Sunday all the way up to 5pm, though I'm not sure how long we'll keep the table open. Last year I don't think we kept it open quite that long.

Notes: Time slots are 1 hour long. If you are signing up to be an official RMFF costumed turret photo op trooper person, please indicate that. Ideally, we'd like to have two people manning the table and a third manning the turret for each shift.

Saturday
    8:30 AM (Setup) - Grimby, darth_hair
    9:00 AM - Grimby
    10:00 AM - catz44, TheFettedOne, Obey Wann (Hoth trooper)
    11:00 AM - Jedi_Pilot, Grimby, Obey Wann (Hoth trooper)
    12:00 PM - DarkLord49, -Gundark-
    1:00 PM - Nerfherders, Taeriel, cyodarun
    2:00 PM - Mistress, Jomama, Obey Wann (Hoth trooper)
    3:00 PM - DieWompRatDie, QueenHighMistress
    4:00 PM - DieWompRatDie, -Gundark-
    5:00 PM - Grimby, DieWompRatDie

Sunday
    8:30 AM (Setup) - darth_hair
    9:00 AM - Jedi_Pilot
    10:00 AM - Grimby, Obey Wann (Hoth trooper)
    11:00 AM - Grimby, Obey Wann (Hoth trooper)
    12:00 PM - DieWompRatDie
    1:00 PM - DieWompRatDie
    2:00 PM - DieWompRatDie, Jedi_Pilot
    3:00 PM - SITH__CHICK, Mistress
    4:00 PM - Taeriel
    5:00 PM -

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll be glad to wear my Hoth gear... I'm finalizing my times at the 501st photo area, but I'll basically be working both photo areas as much as I can all weekend.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I will help man the table over the weekend. No hoth gear, so just regular clothes or other costumes.

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I will wear my hoth gear as well. and if anyone wants to borrow it for a short time when Im not in it Im ok with that.

I was also thinking of bringing a dummy to put somewhere with a costume on it. maybe an x wing costume

I will commit to times as soon as I get a chance to look at the schedule

5. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I can also offer my TS to anyone who wants to wear it. I think I might know at least one someone who fits it.... ;)

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Who you callin' a dummy?!? Okay, I'll wear it.

I can man the table for shifts that you need on Friday night, Saturday and part of Sunday. I'll work with ya.

I can bring a Millennium Falcon to put on the table to spruce it up.

7. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I'd be glad to sit for a shift at the table on Saturday if needed. Don't have Hoth, but would an x-wing pilot do?

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    will let you know as soon as i know my Starland schedule...i have Hoth gear to wear. ;)

9. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    ...love when you talk dirty!;)

I'm always down to suit up. I'd like to take a look at the schedule too.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    By the way guys, the schedule was updated today on starland.com. Not complete yet, but it's getting there.

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Cool. Since you fit into the TS, you should be able to fit into either the snowclone, or the Hoth Trooper. I think Jonathon might be able to, also. I'm taking 3 snow themed costumes this year, and they are available for anyone to wear if they can fit into them.

Plus, I'd love to have a solid presence at the turret. It's going to look great!!!

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, the schedule was of little help, times & "guest" doesn't help me at ALL!

I will gladly do several shifts, I have a hoth get up & will hopefully have my Xwing. I will have to do short stand up shifts and mostly sit down shifts. Don't want to over do it, just starting to get better.

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ditto Kim...Guest...which guest?!

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Linkie-do: http://starland.com/wp/?page_id=791

They have placeholders for "Guest" on the main stage, but have not named him or her. They have up main events, atrium, panel room one (Aspen theater) and panel room two.

And they have the video game panel listed at 11 am! Woot for sleeping in a bit more on Sunday!

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Woot!

And it looks like there isn't much else going on at the same time as the Backstroke panel on Saturday at 7, so we may see a good crowd. :)

16. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Just the costume contest, that pretty much everyone goes to :p

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Lame. Well, I don't think that was on there yesterday when I looked.

18. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

If I were going I would totally skip the costume contest for the Backstroke panel, duh. No brainer. ;)

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    oops, forgot why I even came in here...where are the sign up slots? Dont we usually have like a spreadsheet or something? I am just curious. :)

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I haven't posted it quite yet. ;)

It should be up tonight.

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Not me. I'd much rather hang out and enjoy an adult beverage with friends.

22. Darklord49

Darklord49 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I can do some time at the table on Saturday. I'm not sure if I'm going to be there on Friday or not, if so I can do some time on Friday as well.

Austin-
    TK-1649

23. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I will be waiting for the real con and guest schedule to go up before picking table shift times.

Ok, I'm confused. I just looked at the guest list. I had thought before now that I'd heard something about a Stargate actor being at the con this year. Maybe Christopher Judge? Am I thinking of last year? Or just totally divorced from reality? :confused::oops:

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Yeah, what she said. [face_whistling]

25. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    They put up the full schedule with actual people in the slots a few days ago.