main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarFest 2012

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darklord49, May 23, 2011.

1. Darklord49

Darklord49 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Talked with KathE at church and she said Bruce Campbell is pretty much solid and they might get Patrick Stewart. If that is the case then no Jonathan Frankes. David Prowse is no guarantee because of his health.

Austin-
    TK-1649

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's never too early to start the next StarFest thread. :p

I thought Campbell was going to be a guest for 2011. Anyway, it will be cool if he ends up coming.

I am going to try and have my Backstroke of the West panel on Friday night this year, so that more of you guys can attend, so that Susan can finally attend (maybe), and to not have to compete with the music from the Federation Ball.

3. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
  4. Darklord49

Mar 26, 2005
    Bruce Campbell was going to attend this year, but he wanted a contract that would pay him even if he didn't show up....hehehe. So they said no, and let's keep talking for next year. (2012)

Austin-
    TK-1649

5. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I gotta meet Bruce Cambel in Texas a few years back at Star Wars Fan Days;He is awesome...He picked someone out of the audience and left a really cool mesage on their wife's cell phone.then she called back, it was hilarious.

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    if we get patrick stewart i would be in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    The Walkers seem to get guests so far in advance that those guests tend to cancel at the last minute. It's always a struggle to get good quality guests for this con, but somehow they manage to do it! I'm sure Mr. Campbell would love to attend, but don't hold your breath. He's cancelled before, and not just at Starfest.

As for me, I'm still waiting for my contract that guarantees a spot for me on the main stage. Until that arrives (NOT) AL and I will be in the Robot Room. Again...

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm planning my costumes as I type :D

9. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    So what costume ideas did you end up with?

10. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I swore this year I wouldn't make a new costume, but that was in vain. I've got enough in the stash to keep me going, I think it's a sickness to keep making more.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Costuming is an addiction. I'm trying to wean myself away a bit. Part of it is time, and part is volume of stuff. For example, I'm aiming to go to Comic Con this year with only a carry-on bag.

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I hope Bruce Campbell shows up. I'd like to see him.

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm thinking of trying to get my mom to come with me this year. She absolutely loved you guys when she was out helping me move, and she likes a lot of the same movies/shows/stuffs. She's never been to a convention before, but has liked my stories about them.

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    That would be awesome if you could get your mom to come, I keep remembering watch South Park with her & it had to be one of the crudest episodes. (the bicycle one, can't say more than that due to TOS).

I'm doing Darth Malidi for C6 for sure, might have it done early. For Halloween I'm doing steampunk Leia *crosses fingers* That's it so far.

15. Darklord49

Mar 26, 2005
    Talked with Steve yesterday, gave me some StarFest updates: Johnathan Franks confirmed, maybe Patrick Stewart next year. David Prowse confirmed, as long as health holds up. Jewel Staite from Firefly, the ship's mechanic girl, and one of the people from the Walking Dead, right now the guy with the crossbow. Bruce Campbell no, he doesn't like doing conventions when he is also filming, so between tv shows/movies.

Also Congrats to Cory for getting his Shirt design picked up again, you the man.

Austin Faux-
    TK-1649

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Woohoo! Kaylee! There's one that I will definitely be seeing & getting a photo with.

Too bad about Campbell not making it. :(

17. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Nice! The dude from Walking Dead (Norman Reedus) is also one of the main guys from Blade II and The Boondock Saints. Yay for B-list actors at Starfest!!!! =D=

18. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Im liking the line up so far!

19. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    [face_laugh]

20. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Hey they cant all be Tom Cruise and Shia Le'booooof

21. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Well no, not ALL of them......but crap, let's not scrape the barrel either. I think Flava Flav might be available! If not, why not the guy who played Jawa #3 in ANH, or OOH, I would love to meet the eyeball that pops up in the trash compactor in ANH!!!!!

[face_not_talking] fail

22. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Well, I could pretend to be Jawa #3 in ANH and get paid by the con! If only.... I'm just hoping for an exhibitor pass at this point. Remember folks, in all the years I've been going to Starfest nothing has been set as far as guests are concerned until about a month before. Too many guests have cancelled (and sometimes at the last minute). I'm not holding my breath for any of them. And it's Jonathan Frackes, not Franks. He was a last minute cancellation last year! At least the robots/droids will be there as always. Starfest can always count on us! (my .02c worth)

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    They can have Captian Crunch there & I would still go. I don't go for the guests as much as the atmosphere.

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Exactly. The guests are the icing on the cake. The Con --and those that attend --are the main attraction, as far as I'm concerned.

25. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Has anyone thought of doing a group costume project in 2012?

Futurama was one I always wanted to do. And I have the costume for it. ;)