StarFest 2012

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darklord49, May 23, 2011.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Darklord49 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Talked with KathE at church and she said Bruce Campbell is pretty much solid and they might get Patrick Stewart. If that is the case then no Jonathan Frankes. David Prowse is no guarantee because of his health.

Austin-
    TK-1649
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    It's never too early to start the next StarFest thread. :p

I thought Campbell was going to be a guest for 2011. Anyway, it will be cool if he ends up coming.

I am going to try and have my Backstroke of the West panel on Friday night this year, so that more of you guys can attend, so that Susan can finally attend (maybe), and to not have to compete with the music from the Federation Ball.
  3. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  4. Darklord49 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bruce Campbell was going to attend this year, but he wanted a contract that would pay him even if he didn't show up....hehehe. So they said no, and let's keep talking for next year. (2012)

Austin-
    TK-1649
  5. jedijaysin Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I gotta meet Bruce Cambel in Texas a few years back at Star Wars Fan Days;He is awesome...He picked someone out of the audience and left a really cool mesage on their wife's cell phone.then she called back, it was hilarious.
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    if we get patrick stewart i would be in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]
  7. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The Walkers seem to get guests so far in advance that those guests tend to cancel at the last minute. It's always a struggle to get good quality guests for this con, but somehow they manage to do it! I'm sure Mr. Campbell would love to attend, but don't hold your breath. He's cancelled before, and not just at Starfest.

As for me, I'm still waiting for my contract that guarantees a spot for me on the main stage. Until that arrives (NOT) AL and I will be in the Robot Room. Again...
  8. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I'm planning my costumes as I type :D
  9. jedijaysin Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    So what costume ideas did you end up with?
  10. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I swore this year I wouldn't make a new costume, but that was in vain. I've got enough in the stash to keep me going, I think it's a sickness to keep making more.
  11. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Costuming is an addiction. I'm trying to wean myself away a bit. Part of it is time, and part is volume of stuff. For example, I'm aiming to go to Comic Con this year with only a carry-on bag.
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I hope Bruce Campbell shows up. I'd like to see him.
  13. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm thinking of trying to get my mom to come with me this year. She absolutely loved you guys when she was out helping me move, and she likes a lot of the same movies/shows/stuffs. She's never been to a convention before, but has liked my stories about them.
  14. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    That would be awesome if you could get your mom to come, I keep remembering watch South Park with her & it had to be one of the crudest episodes. (the bicycle one, can't say more than that due to TOS).

I'm doing Darth Malidi for C6 for sure, might have it done early. For Halloween I'm doing steampunk Leia *crosses fingers* That's it so far.
  15. Darklord49 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Talked with Steve yesterday, gave me some StarFest updates: Johnathan Franks confirmed, maybe Patrick Stewart next year. David Prowse confirmed, as long as health holds up. Jewel Staite from Firefly, the ship's mechanic girl, and one of the people from the Walking Dead, right now the guy with the crossbow. Bruce Campbell no, he doesn't like doing conventions when he is also filming, so between tv shows/movies.

Also Congrats to Cory for getting his Shirt design picked up again, you the man.

Austin Faux-
    TK-1649
  16. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Woohoo! Kaylee! There's one that I will definitely be seeing & getting a photo with.

Too bad about Campbell not making it. :(
  17. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Nice! The dude from Walking Dead (Norman Reedus) is also one of the main guys from Blade II and The Boondock Saints. Yay for B-list actors at Starfest!!!! =D=
  18. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    Im liking the line up so far!
  19. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

20. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey they cant all be Tom Cruise and Shia Le'booooof
  21. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Well no, not ALL of them......but crap, let's not scrape the barrel either. I think Flava Flav might be available! If not, why not the guy who played Jawa #3 in ANH, or OOH, I would love to meet the eyeball that pops up in the trash compactor in ANH!!!!!

[face_not_talking] fail
  22. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Well, I could pretend to be Jawa #3 in ANH and get paid by the con! If only.... I'm just hoping for an exhibitor pass at this point. Remember folks, in all the years I've been going to Starfest nothing has been set as far as guests are concerned until about a month before. Too many guests have cancelled (and sometimes at the last minute). I'm not holding my breath for any of them. And it's Jonathan Frackes, not Franks. He was a last minute cancellation last year! At least the robots/droids will be there as always. Starfest can always count on us! (my .02c worth)
  23. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    They can have Captian Crunch there & I would still go. I don't go for the guests as much as the atmosphere.
  24. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Exactly. The guests are the icing on the cake. The Con --and those that attend --are the main attraction, as far as I'm concerned.
  25. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Has anyone thought of doing a group costume project in 2012?

Futurama was one I always wanted to do. And I have the costume for it. ;)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby