StarFest 2012

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darklord49, May 23, 2011.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    You just want to see his crunch berries! [face_shame_on_you]
  2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Dude....there's a good group costume theme! Cereal box characters! I got dibs on Count Chocula!
  3. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Ooooh. Yes I want to be Cap'n Crunch!
  4. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Franken berry right here.
  5. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Remaining characters...

Tony the Tiger, Dig'em, Snap, Crackle, Pop, Toucan Sam, Trix, Lucky, Boo Berry, Fruit Brute, Buzz Bee (Honey Nut Cheerios), Wendell, Bob & Quello (Cinnamon Toast), Sonny (who was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs), The Mini-Wheats, Sugar Bear, California Raisins, Quisp, Cookie Crisp Crook, and Quiki (the Nestle Quick rabbit)
  6. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Quiki is a junky. And a cereal box poser. I say we vote him out. Always hopped up on "the Q"....as they call it on the streets.

[face_shame_on_you]
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Is it just me, or are just about all the cereal characters male? What's up with that? o_O
  8. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    How about the boys do the cereal thing and the girls do the women from the Swiffer commercials?
  9. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Or we could do other food icons... like little Debbie, Betty Crocker etc...
  10. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh... I just looked at Frankenberry. He looks a little Takei. Lots of pink. I must find a more manly cereal box character. There are no scifi war cereals?
  11. Darklord49 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about Mr. T's cereal from the late 80's?

Austin-
    TK-1649-
  12. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I pitty da'foo who dont eat my cereal!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgee4_aOPWw
  13. zeraduel RMFF Secretarian

star 1
    Can anyone confirm where the Starfest takes place? I couldn't remember which hotel it is staged.

I think group costuming would be cool.

Thx!
  14. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  15. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Sadly, it seems that I will be missing my other half (genetically speaking) at SF this year :_| . Anyone wanna go halvsies, thrirdsies, fourthsies on roomage?
  16. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I would be game for that.
  17. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Would love to help out. I too need roomies (also bringing a small cot, just in case).
  18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    SWEEEEET!! Cheaper the better!
  19. JayWattographs Jedi Padawan

[image=http://www.mattbusch.com/starwars/archives/sw_archives_2_33.htm]

Attention Everyone! We're trying to get Star Wars artist Matt Busch to come to StarFest this year -but we need your help! Matt has already expressed interest in coming but we need to generate interest!

Please, post on the StarFest Convention Facebook page, post on the StarFest/ Starland website, email them! Spread the word!

We'd like to get Matt and his wife, artist LinZy this April. Let's make it happen!
  20. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I am unfortunately now uncertain about coming this year. :(

My sister was supposed to come out here for the holidays this year, but her trip ended up postponed to April and likely overlapping Starfest. I see her and the kids so infrequently. If they're out here for a little while, I don't want to miss the time with them. But it makes me sad to think of missing Starfest. :(
  21. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

:_|
  22. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Double BOO, AHPR is coming out 'cuz it's on our B-Day this time around, and I might actually get to SEE him this time :p
  23. LadyoftheMandalore Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Fontana Jedi Master

My kids have been begging me to take them back to Starfest...and since we actually have no major plans in April...I called and booked us a room for Fri and Sat. I was willing to pay more for Atrium balcony but was told that the Con Rate may or may not be a balcony room. Anybody understand what she meant?

My hubby still only has a Geek Factor of about 7% (even after 3 years of marriage to me!) so I may end up having a room full of teenagers(kids + neices and nephews) but he did enjoy watching the crowds from the balcony so I would be willing to pay higher rate for balcony if he will come.

Also, my girls want to do a craft session making Star Wars Magnets like we did a few years back. I have forgotten how to sign up to host a class and can't find it on the webpage. Any help here?

Thanks! (And for those of you wondering who in the world Fontana is - It's Michelle who used to live in Southern Colorado and now is in Greeley)
  25. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Fontana, the con rate for the hotel is for those who are going to the con. You may request a balcony room at time of reservation but there is no guarantee you will get one. Those rooms are first come, first serve, so a majority who want balcony rooms check in either sometime Thursday or very early Friday morning. By Friday late afternoon they are usually gone. My suggestion is if you want a balcony room get there early! There should be no difference in prices.

To sign up to do a panel (I like your magnet idea) contact the con staff on the website so they can send you a panel form (they should be emailing those out sometime in February). Just a note, they do have a children's crafting area, so you might want to volunteer with that instead of doing a panel (or seperate crafting area). Again, all volunteer forms, panel forms, fan club forms, etc. are usually emailed sometime in February.

Hope this helps.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby