main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarFest 2012

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darklord49, May 23, 2011.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    You just want to see his crunch berries! [face_shame_on_you]

2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Dude....there's a good group costume theme! Cereal box characters! I got dibs on Count Chocula!

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Ooooh. Yes I want to be Cap'n Crunch!

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Franken berry right here.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Remaining characters...

Tony the Tiger, Dig'em, Snap, Crackle, Pop, Toucan Sam, Trix, Lucky, Boo Berry, Fruit Brute, Buzz Bee (Honey Nut Cheerios), Wendell, Bob & Quello (Cinnamon Toast), Sonny (who was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs), The Mini-Wheats, Sugar Bear, California Raisins, Quisp, Cookie Crisp Crook, and Quiki (the Nestle Quick rabbit)

6. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Quiki is a junky. And a cereal box poser. I say we vote him out. Always hopped up on "the Q"....as they call it on the streets.

[face_shame_on_you]

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Is it just me, or are just about all the cereal characters male? What's up with that? o_O

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    How about the boys do the cereal thing and the girls do the women from the Swiffer commercials?

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Or we could do other food icons... like little Debbie, Betty Crocker etc...

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Oh... I just looked at Frankenberry. He looks a little Takei. Lots of pink. I must find a more manly cereal box character. There are no scifi war cereals?

11. Darklord49

Darklord49 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    How about Mr. T's cereal from the late 80's?

Austin-
    TK-1649-

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I pitty da'foo who dont eat my cereal!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgee4_aOPWw

13. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    Can anyone confirm where the Starfest takes place? I couldn't remember which hotel it is staged.

I think group costuming would be cool.

Thx!

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
  15. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Sadly, it seems that I will be missing my other half (genetically speaking) at SF this year :_| . Anyone wanna go halvsies, thrirdsies, fourthsies on roomage?

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I would be game for that.

17. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Would love to help out. I too need roomies (also bringing a small cot, just in case).

18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    SWEEEEET!! Cheaper the better!

19. JayWattographs

JayWattographs Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2008
    [image=http://www.mattbusch.com/starwars/archives/sw_archives_2_33.htm]

Attention Everyone! We're trying to get Star Wars artist Matt Busch to come to StarFest this year -but we need your help! Matt has already expressed interest in coming but we need to generate interest!

Please, post on the StarFest Convention Facebook page, post on the StarFest/ Starland website, email them! Spread the word!

We'd like to get Matt and his wife, artist LinZy this April. Let's make it happen!

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I am unfortunately now uncertain about coming this year. :(

My sister was supposed to come out here for the holidays this year, but her trip ended up postponed to April and likely overlapping Starfest. I see her and the kids so infrequently. If they're out here for a little while, I don't want to miss the time with them. But it makes me sad to think of missing Starfest. :(

21. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

:_|

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Double BOO, AHPR is coming out 'cuz it's on our B-Day this time around, and I might actually get to SEE him this time :p

23. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I'll be there :)

24. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    My kids have been begging me to take them back to Starfest...and since we actually have no major plans in April...I called and booked us a room for Fri and Sat. I was willing to pay more for Atrium balcony but was told that the Con Rate may or may not be a balcony room. Anybody understand what she meant?

My hubby still only has a Geek Factor of about 7% (even after 3 years of marriage to me!) so I may end up having a room full of teenagers(kids + neices and nephews) but he did enjoy watching the crowds from the balcony so I would be willing to pay higher rate for balcony if he will come.

Also, my girls want to do a craft session making Star Wars Magnets like we did a few years back. I have forgotten how to sign up to host a class and can't find it on the webpage. Any help here?

Thanks! (And for those of you wondering who in the world Fontana is - It's Michelle who used to live in Southern Colorado and now is in Greeley)

25. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Fontana, the con rate for the hotel is for those who are going to the con. You may request a balcony room at time of reservation but there is no guarantee you will get one. Those rooms are first come, first serve, so a majority who want balcony rooms check in either sometime Thursday or very early Friday morning. By Friday late afternoon they are usually gone. My suggestion is if you want a balcony room get there early! There should be no difference in prices.

To sign up to do a panel (I like your magnet idea) contact the con staff on the website so they can send you a panel form (they should be emailing those out sometime in February). Just a note, they do have a children's crafting area, so you might want to volunteer with that instead of doing a panel (or seperate crafting area). Again, all volunteer forms, panel forms, fan club forms, etc. are usually emailed sometime in February.

Hope this helps.