main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest 2013 -April 19-21st

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I found "Vader Eggs"

catz44 likes this.
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I can't remember, does the hotel have a hot tub? I brought a swimsuit with me just in case. Because a hot tub soak sounds really good right now.

3. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
  4. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
  5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm still trying to find a room at the Marriott if anyone out there has an extra one or wants a roommate. As of earlier this week, they apparently won't give you the con rate anymore. [face_plain]

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm not sure I'd trust the hot tub in that hotel Starfest weekend... The great unwashed masses scare me. Especially after my hospital visit after last Starfest!

FanForced and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  7. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    I can do a table shift at 11 and 3, not 11-3.

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I adjusted the Google doc, -Gundark-.

9. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Thank you, sir. I'll be able to give breaks and provide more coverage, but I'm bringing a padawan and won't be able to cover that big of a chunk of time.

10. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I can put some RMFF stuff on my atrium room for advertising?If anyone has any?

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  11. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    My wife , Sandy is still sewing!( my son's Jawa costume)

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    On our way :)

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I will try to help with set up in the morning. It will depend on what time things happen. I need to get in line for the Ben Browder photo no later than 10am, and need to change into costume before that. But 9am or a little earlier I will lend a hand.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  14. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Nice meeting everyone at the Starfest meeting! Everyone wasn't as creepy as I pictured as SW fan club ;) Everyone seemed really cool!

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Creepy? Not us! :)

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks so much to everybody who helped out at the table with set up, manning it and giving prizes to all the old and young kiddos/kids-at-heart. The prize wheel worked really well and we had quite a few people come by to learn about the RMFF and who promised to come to the May the fourth event. Many already knew about it!

Thanks to SITH__CHICK and darth_hair for hosting the party Saturday night. I think we all had a fun time floating in and out of the room.

RMFF represent!

catz44 likes this.
  17. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The first thing I learned on Friday is that next year Starfest will be on May 2-4.

18. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I doubt it since it's been the third weekend of April forever. I don't think I can come if they change it.

19. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Double ditto on that sentiment... If it's that weekend, I'm totally out, since I have this HUGE event I'm responsible for planning at the museum that weekend.

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I heard that same bit of information separately from Jason, too, from two different people. However, I can't find it on their FB page or the main site, so we'll have to wait for official, online confirmation.

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I saw it printed in their schedule of events....

SITH__CHICK and catz44 like this.
  22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    If you look at the printed schedule they gave out it says next year may 2-4 because Easter weekend is the weekend the would typically do it and the don't want to compete with Easter.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    So they'd rather compete with May the Fourth events? And Free Comic Book Day? Sometimes I wonder about the thinking behind those at Starfest. Seems like they're hurting their fans by making them choose. I know which event(s) I'm choosing...

catz44 and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  24. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I agree I was surprised when I read that, it's still early maybe they will change things.

25. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The bombardment of their FB page has begun. I encourage everyone to head over there and tell them how stupid they are. Politely, if you can muster it.

You know how many panels I went to this year? One. The one I was IN (which was overflowing, and it scared me).

I'm there for my peeps. The rest of the draw is the milling around and the parties.