main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarFest Autograph news

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
  2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    15 bucks a piece is nuts . so if you have ten billy d things you want signed it wil cost you 150 bones horse poo.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Billy D is charging 20 bucks :p

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    this is outrageous, screw billy d and star whatever the hell it's called. I remember when people would sign your stuff for free. I had a bunch of Lando stuff too, I disown lando even though he still was the real hero of star wars

5. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm going to pay the 20 bucks and tell him to sign my butt , hay I payed my 20 bucks now sign it . and I going to eat cabage and brocioli the night before maybe some bean burritos with onions.I'll make him earn his 20 bucks. :mad: :mad: then I'm going to say something about a butt signing a butt. :mad:

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    aww, that's horse poop!!

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    THE FIRST ONE I WENT TO I MET JEREMY BULLOC KENNY BAKER AND ANTHONY DANIALS . 3P0 WANTED 15 SMACKERS . SO I WENT TO BOBA'S TABLE AND GOT 2 THINGS SIGNED FOR 5 BUCKS . R2 SIGNED A PICTURE FOR 5 BUCKS . I DONT THINK I'LL PAY FOR WRITING ON PAPER AGAIN ! BOBA SIGNED A FETT VS IG88 SET . SWEET .

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    yea I was going to have jen get me a few but now I will pass on the autos

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    the fan club had a thing where you could get them through the mail .

10. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Starland just posted a tentative Main Events schedule, no times, but who is appearing each day. Billy Dee Williams is listed on Sunday. Which means that's probably the day he will be signing.

Good news is no conflict with the meeting, bad news is having to come both days if you weren't planning on it.

11. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    real bad news is that the star thing majorly SUCKS now. I definitely won't be going. This is so crappy. Lando used to be my favorite character...until he got old, jobless...and started charging people to get some ink from him....ridiculous

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I was going to StarFest, but I've got someone in town that weekend. So, I'll just swing by for the meeting. I can drop them off w/ my friends for a little while before we head up to Bailey for the weekend.

13. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I don't do autographs because I just don't get the concept. It's another adult's handwritten name on a piece of paper! I can write Patrick Stewart on a photograph and put it on my wall! Listening to them speak at least has the possibility of being interesting.

There are so many more fun things to do at a con than spend the day waiting in line.

That said, I haven't seen an entertainment or sports personality sign anything for free in years, I don't get that everyone seems to be acting like that's new.

14. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    It's bs is what it is. I have a ton of autographed stuff, not one was paid for. Everyone charging for autographs can go @$#^ themselves! >:-O lmao

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Nobody that's going to be there is really one of my heroes or anything like that, so I'm not gonna shell out the dough for the signature.

Jen: you still gonna have crash space available?

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    No problem, my Friend is only in for the day, I have to drop him up in Bailey after dinner. I call it the relay friendship. He grew up in Como, CO, so when he flys in to see his folks we have dinner at the Black Crow in Bailey & wait for his family to pick him up, I should be back by about 8:30.

However, I won't make it to the meeting, his flight just got changed.

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    That's cool, we'll probably be @ the con till we're kicked out.

We also might end up crashing w/ Obi Wannabe unless his lady friend wants to shag him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.