main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

StarFest Recap And Many Thanks :D

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Just to Recap for everyone who was not at the Con or couldn't stay for the whole thing:

Friday - Everyone arrived on time (w/ the exception of the usual suspects - but they had a good reason this time ;) ). Michael set up an awesome A/V presentation for the folks to enjoy (and did they ever). Several Ewoks began new lives in someone else's home. And we had a fantastic time hypnotizing the bucketheads when we started showing Troops (every head turned to the screen the moment the music started and they kept their eyes glued through the whole thing).

Following the closing of the fan room, there was much celebrating, and jubilation was the order of the evening (You all know what those are code words for, right? ;) ).

Saturday - The Rebellion's 10th Mountain Commandos made their debut, and I only got nabbed by the Imps once, and we even managed to blast a few of them in the process. :D

Also making their debut appearance, the RMFF's very own Snowtroopers found their way into the hearts and minds of the 501st, and I believe are even now being processed for their newest membership.

The, now imfamous, Senator Amidala costume was debuted on this day as well, and it was met with many rave reviews (hard to believe people had to convince Leah to enter the costume contest, huh? ;) ), and when the awards were handed down, our very own Senator was the victor!

And just to make things interesting, we had some other debuts as well. The Elven World was represented in our very own Galadriel and Arwen (AKA Kim & Alison). And just to show we accept everyone in our group, the Fallen Jedi - Quinlan Vos (AKA Jeff) was seen on a few occasions this weekend as well (another fine costume brought to you from the Sith Couple Sweatshops ;) ).

The day was filled w/ finding homes for those wayward fuzzballs, tormenting the Imps (w/ the fuzzballs), talking w/ the fans, chatting up the group, and being hauled into the brig every 15 minutes thanks to those lovely Klingons seated next to us in the Fan Room (but since it was all for charity, we played along - plus we were the new guys, so a little hazing was probably in order ;) ).

Thanks to Michael's A/V setup, we were able to bring the joy of the RMFF and SW to the masses of StarFest and it was well received (some might say we were feeding the addiction, but who's to quibble over words ;) [face_devil] ). Saturday was a raving success, and I truly believe we are in for another posting surge after the many people we spoke with.

After the Fan Room closed this evening, there was even more rejoicing (especially since there were no more costumes to finish sewing) and it lasted until the wee hours of the morning (however I did not [face_blush] ). The evidence of this came on Sunday ;)

Sunday - 10AM? In the Fan Room? Are you kidding?! But we did it! Despite the rejoicing of the night before, the table was manned and the group was represented. 11AM? On the other side of the hotel? You want me to talk about what? Are you kidding? And again we pulled through w/ flying colors. "Starting Your Own Funny Farm" was a surprising success. We started off slow, but after Jeff told them not to clap because he was hungover, things really started to fly. :D We not only had people show up for it (@ 11AM, after all the parties the night before), but they were asking questions, and they were genuinely interested in what we had to say. :eek: :) Fortunately, our Techno Guru was once again ready for action and had our PowerPoint set up ready to go, and even filmed the whole thing (so you can all get the chance to laugh at us when you see this year's DVD ;) ).

Thanks to the help of Jenn, Carol Lee and Kelly (Who also managed to get thrown in the brig - but I was told it was a pleasant experience for some :eek: ;) ), the table was safe and some Ewoks found homes while we were talking out of an unusual orifice during the panel.

A few of us stayed behind after the panel to bear witness to the Order of the Grey's Lightsaber Ettiquette Class, and a good time was had by all (even if I did not help their punchline when they as

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *sob*

It's sad. You all had fun and I was stuck doing homework. :_|

But I'm sure I'll get to hear all the stories right? :D

And remember I'll be there next year in full force. [face_devil]

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We must continue to dominate the Media Category in the Costume contest, so think big :D

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oh, I will... I will...

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Nice meeting you Zoo! Looking forward to seeing all the pics you guys took on the RMFF site soon.

The whole thing was a blast and we are already planning on attending next year (Carrie Fisher, Sarah Michelle Geller, Dominic Keating).

Got to see Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor on Smallville - Very funny and according to every girl in the room - much cuter in person!), Walter Koenig (got a great closeup of him in the dealer room), and John Billingsley (Dr. Flox) and his wife (got an autographed photo and pics with the kids! - SUPER GREAT GUY!!!) Of course got the obligitory pics of the kids with stormtroopers and Darth Vader.

I also picked up a limited edition Celebration II photo autographed by Carrie Fisher of her in the full metal bikini out fit (insert wolf wistle here!) I won't tell you how much I paid for that!

My wife thought she would hate me after I "dragged" her to this. She had a great time and now doesn't think I am that big of a geek after all.

EDIT: I even got MY picture taken by a few people! I only have the belt and cloak finished!

Here's to Star Fest!

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Glad you guys made it out! And don't worry, she knows you're still a geek, she just knows that she could have done much worse ;) [face_laugh]

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    :_| you guys are so awesome, I wish I coulda been there. This dragon is not volunteering to deploy anymore. if they make me go, I'll go and do it proudly, but if I miss out on another thing like this, I will be a very disgruntled airman :(

I'll see you guys at the camping trip though, and hope I get to see pics on the site soon.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok... I have a goal [face_devil]

I need to slim down a bit by next year so that I can do this though. Hehe... And get those boots and several yards of shiny black fabric...

This is not a star wars costume however...

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    oooohh, whats it going to be?

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well then, you better do 2 costumes then [face_plain] ;)

I believe the caffeine has finally left my system and the merry-go-round has just about wound down, so I think I'll be tryin to get some sleep now..

Thanks again! And start thinking of what we can do next year!

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    so is your dude going to dress up as Neo? I'd dress up as Morpheus...but, well, I'm not black...Cypher has facial hair, and that other dude dies like a punk.

Maybe ghost (from reloaded)...but I don't quite have that look...yeah, guess I'll just have to skip this line, hehe.

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    ok i get ti now.

and as far as planning for the next con, do we want to boo and throw the books at hi WJM, or do the book burning idea?

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That's a different Con, and I have my own plans for Mr. "Women Are Objects" Williams :p :mad:

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    oooohhh. this i want to see [face_devil]

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I'll give you all a clue. Meow.

And yes I'll do two. Hmm... Maybe Yarna :D

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, well mrs. felicia, I guess I was way off. but you did mention doing a trinity costume earlier, so that's where my misconception came from :D

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I still may do that one. I'm on a leather kick right now. :D

Aren't you supposed to be trying to get some sleep or something?

18. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Back on subject:

I'm back from the staff party, I was singled out for commendation in Security for following through on my promise to be able to juggle Security and FanForce duties. I still think this will be last year in Security, since we will probably be doing even more next year.

Jennifer's summary was pretty good, bottom line, we kicked butt!!!

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Can somewhere get to me at least one picture of us at our table, and maybe even one of us at the panel?

I'd like to get that ASAP so I can put it together with Leah's pic for a TF.N story.

20. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    [face_blush] There isn't going to be a TFN story on me. They'll take one look at my incomplete costume and move on to more important news. There is so much other stuff they could post on the site. Like Charity Events and stuff.

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    why would I be trying to sleep, it's 9:15 in the morning!

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Gah! Well you can tell that I'm tired and that finals week is coming up. :p

I associated the blue with Jenn. :D Sorry.

Yeah, 9:15, I'd still be asleep. :p ;)

And what are you talking about Leah? It looks wonderful! Of course you know this means you have to write up a bit about your experiance ;)

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol @ leah having the things to get up on stage in front of so many people for a costume contest...but acting too shy to put a pic up on TF.N :p

24. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    It was great fun. Still, thank God it's only once a year. I'm exhausted [face_plain]

Should recover by Friday though [face_devil] ........just in time to get all exhauseted again.

25. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I have to say that the con was a total blast. i never imagined that i could have so much fun and see so much cool stuff in only 2 days. it was so great i can't even describe it all. i mean just seeign all the different costumes, the differnet groups and everythign else. even just sitting at the table a lot on saturday was fun (except it made the arrests a little too easy). i want to go to a lot more cons now. and i want a costume even more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.