main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfest Sci-Fi Feud

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, TWO threads from me on the same day?

The Mountain Garrison will be hosting the Sci-Fi Feud this year at StarFest. For those who saw it last year, it was a joint effort between the Mountain Garrison and House Veska.

This year, however, the MG will just be running it, and it will be BIGGER. Well, if you count 4 teams as "bigger." The time isn't definite yet, but it's estimated to be at around 11am or 2pm on Saturday.

The teams will consist of 4 teams of 5 people. I've already handed a slot to House Veska if they wish to accept it, so there's still room for 3 teams. Starland will be making a post about this no sooner than Friday, but I might be able to nudge someone to give the RMFF a slot or two, or maybe even get them to let the Feud go for more than 4 teams.

Any interest? Maybe a Gotham Good vs. Evil sorta thing? You'd probably be up against the unstoppable Klingon Empire, and possibly Starfleet (if they aren't all hung over).

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well alot of us are doing Gotham Villans... so I dunno if that would work...

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    we have heros too...

batman, robin, black canary, oracle...is catwoman a hero or a villain?

4. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Is that kinda like the family fued,

5. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes, but a lot are also doing heroes, too. And Batsy could use his "Bat-Game-Show-Cheater" for an edge. [face_laugh]

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    IB: Yep. JUST like the Family Feud. The troopers will be wandering around getting responses from people for the thing. I just hope the database this year actually works.

And I think Catwoman might be a little preoccupied with Stargate travellers to care much about being good or evil. [face_laugh]

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Michael Shanks: "I think Catwoman is stalking me!!!!"

No I would never do that... :p

But I would like to meet him, and I've notified a friend of mine who hyperventalated too. :D

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, last year they told us we were in it... An hour before it was supposed to happen :eek: [face_plain] Not exactly the best timing in the world. :p

I'd be willing to do this if we had 4 others... Hmmm, SS, JP, FD, AHPR, DH, TK, T? Any of you other storehouses of useless information willing to get up and make fools of ourselves?

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I'd be interested in doing it with either House Veska or the RMFF...

But if there's enough interest in both groups, I can be just as happy providing "security" in my armor, or heckling as a Klingon.

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm not sure I remember enough useless sci-fi trivia to be a good contestant...

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You don't have to... It's Family Fued... You just have to known how the average Con Goer is going to respond to the questions... And we should know enough about that to survive well enough to make a good showing :)

12. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes. I believe one of the TOP answers last year to "Name a RACE from Star Wars" was actually "Klingon." [face_laugh]

Not all con-goers are uber crazy nitpicky fanatics that know the real names of every actor in a show, and their birth dates -- they know just enough to get by in their particular field of interest, and that's about it. :) Like, I followed TNG and Voyager religiously, but about the only thing I know about DS9 is that the station commander's name was Sisko. :D

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'd be willing, as long as there are no conflicts with the stuff we're already doing :)

14. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I am a walking wealth of useless information, but I buckle under pressure. I think it would be more fun and less therapy for me to go and watch me mates play.

15. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a surprising amount of useless info in my head. :D

I would be willing to do it, if we need another. What group would it be tho? I need to work on my costumes. (Or just come up with ideas for them would be nice. Maybe a Chiana costume would be doable. hmmm.)

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    You can always do a Romulan now that I stayed up most of the night and found how to make the collar. :D

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    remember our discussion on romulans? :p

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i will feel best just cheering you on.

holds up big sign

that part works for me!!!

19. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm willing to give it a shot.

20. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Actually, no, I don't remember our discussion on Romulans. Was I there for it? :D

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Or were you just sitting at the computer nodding? ;) [face_laugh]

22. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I remember it now. I was sitting here, she was standing over my shoulder, and she was commenting on the square-shaped Rommie tunic and the collective frumpiness that it imparts on the Rommie Empire.

Feh!

23. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Which is why the Romulans are stuck in their tiny little corner of space. :D

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i was in it last year with the 501st . it was fun . i would do it again .

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    MINOR UPDATE...

We've got ZOO, OWbe, DH, and JP so far. Just need 1 more to make a team. Any takers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.