main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starfighter: Banged Up; Kenobi :Banged Up ...But We're Both Gonna Be Ok..

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, yesterday, while waiting in a long line at a stoplight near my house...I wound up getting into a major car accident. Bleedn idiot rear-ended me going (it was estimated) 50+ mph. Didn't even touch his breaks. Police said there were no skid marks. I was stopped, looked up into the rearview mirror and saw it comming. There was about 3 feet between me and the car (old caddy) in front of me and this guy was about a 1/2 block away. Saw he wasn't even slowing down. So, (Thank the Force for Stunt Driving training and experience), realized there was "no escape", took a deep breath and meditated on relaxing into it.

He was driving a newer pickup (small one) and slammed into the rear of my Frontier. I felt my truck lift up then slam back down. (Police witness ... a CA Div of Forestry Firefighter) said the guy hit me head on, never slowed down, the front of his truck went up under mine, my truck bounced up, and due to the impact, his truck bounced back out from under mine while mine was still in the air. I meanwhile was then slammed into the car in front of me...which immediately "rabbited" as soon as they could get away. (fun huh?) Obi's Starfighter did what she was supposed to do, and the bumper caved in under itself (AND my personal plates were untouched ..go fig). I figure that she also decided that if this idiot was going to hurt her, then she was gonna get him back. The guy's truck was totalled. Front caved in, radiator fluid, oil, and gas leaking everywhere. If there is no frame damage on mine (which doesn't look to be), I think my baby is going to be ok. Thank the Force she is a heavy little Mother...

The result being, the only thing the guy said to me (and later to the police with Jos there) was "I couldn't stop because there was a lady behind me.") I got to go for my first ride in a shiny new ambulance, while I called Jos and she made sure my baby got home ok. (The guy was refusing to give the police any info,..he finally did sometime after she heard them mention "warrent".)When the officer came to talk to me in Emergency he was REALLY disgusted with the guy and kept telling me that it was completely the "idiots fault."

Actually, the Force was with me on this one. At first the hosptial thought I had reputured my spleen..but no, just bruised. Bruised bones in the right wrist, bruised vertebre down the middle of my back and at the base of my skull, bruised ribs, and (what we are really worried about now). Nailed my bad knee, the one that had the reconstructive surgery last year. So, I get to go back to the ortho and my reg doctor on Monday ..(oh yeah, slight concussion)..and the Starfighter gets checked over to see what the extent of her damage truly is.

So, gonna take a lot more than this idiot to take the two of us out. She's still gonna be a Carfighter, and I'm still gonna be at Disneyland this coming weekend.

Force Be With You All

Master K

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Thank the Force you are okay (more or less).

If there's anything I can do (agressive negotiations with the idiot being top on my list right now) just give me a call. I know I'm far away, but I'm there in spirit.

Try to have a good time at D-Land for me and for yourself. Next time I see you I am SO giving your Starfighter a hug (and you too).

Hugs from your slightly defensive Padawan [:D]

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Holy...ok, I can't swear in here, I know I can't. But... *bubbles with words and can't say them* ARGH!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this happened to you! What IS IT these days????? I officially insist the universe give you a break, and NO, I don't mean a literal break! (Thank goodness nothing is broken!) I am really worried for you about your knee and your back. Please, please, please let us know how you're doing, ok?

I'm into the aggressive negotiation mindset myself, right now. Can we at least go and key his car? Wait, you said it was totalled. Can we key HIM?

*simmers, stews, uploads TLC and concern*

Good grief, Master K...they're still trying to fulfill Order 66 when it comes to you, aren't they????????

- Kai, worried

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL.. I think they are sometimes..and I just keep coming back. However, in all honesty, as I was riding in the ambulance, I did think, " Hmm, now I really understand why no one would let me get a motorcycle." Even though I thought I really understood why..major paradigym (sp) shift there and ok. NOW I UNDERSTAND!!!

I'll know more on Monday about everything..and will post then.

Thanks for the TLC, hugs and concern [:D]

(My ship also sends "Thanks!" ;)

Master K

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Why do you always get hurt before Disneyland? :p

But in all seriousness, I'm SO glad you're okay. Cars can be replaced; I only have one mom/dad. :(

[:D]

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Glad that you came through with a minimum of injuries. Hope your recovering well, I'll call you today instead (break with tradition).

7. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    No motorcycle for you! We want to keep you around a bit longer!

Please let us know how you're doing...you've a lot of people out there who care about you. :)

- Kai

8. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I hope your recovery goes well too.

Big hugs back at ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.