main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is being developed by Australia-based Perception under license from MGM as a first-person shooter style game, and will be available for the PS2, X-Box, and PC in late 2005. Stay tuned to GateWorld for updates!- Gateworld

So far the main site essentially just has several teaser screenshots up, but they look pretty neat.

Plus, here's a few clips from an interview. The full one ishere.

Q: How long will it take to finish the first Stargate SG-1 game? What's the current status?

JoWood: The game will be reased late 2005 and has been in development for some time now at Perception.

Q: What kind of game will it be? We know it will be a FPS [first-person shooter], but are you going to include some aspects from other genres?

JoWood: Yes and no -- it will be an action-based game playable in first or third person. But depending on missions there will be other tasks that will have elements of team tactics, puzzle solving, and stealth. First and foremost you will never walk alone -- your team will be there to look after you, but you will also have to look after them, so it differs from most "straight" shooters. This is why we call it an action game -- it just encompasses most elements one would expect of a good action movie.

Q: On which engine is the game based on -- or is it self-made?

JoWood: It is based on a heavily modified and graphically-enhanced Unreal 2.5 engine.

Q: Do you include a multiplayer mode? How many players are able to play at the same time? What modes will there be?

JoWood: Multiplayer will play an important role and we will integrate all the classic multiplayer modes like Death Match, Capture the Flag and team variations of that. But there will be more innovative modes too, which make use of the unique Stargate setting, that we will reveal as we come closer to release.

Q: Is there a co-op [multiplayer cooperation] mode?

JoWood: The SG-1 team is at the heart of our game, so co-op is, of course, one of the most exciting options available for the game. We will have more details on this as time progresses.

Q: What about vehicles? Is there any chance that we can fly the Prometheus or an F-302 or any Goa'uld / Asgard / Ancient ships?

JoWood: There will be a number of vehicles available which will be added to our homepage in the future.

Q: What about the long-time playing? How many hours might we be able to spend with this game?

JoWood: We cannot give you a definite answer just yet, as Perception is obviously still in the process of designing the game. However due to the nature of the mission design, which allows for several tactics to solve a mission, the replay value is high. And did we mention the many cool multiplayer modes?

Q: Which characters can we play? All members of SG-1?

JoWood: Yes. The team will be with you all the time, but for each mission, you will play a different member with special tasks that fit his or her abilities.

Q: What about the voices? Will the actors from Stargate SG-1 give their voices to the game?

JoWood: We are talking to all the actors from the series and are confident that they will enjoy participating in the project. We will also look towards securing the "voices" of the series in localized versions.

Q: We know it will be a PC game, but which platforms are you going to support, too?

JoWood: PC and major console platforms.

Q: Can you specify any minimum system recommendations?

JoWood: No, not at the moment. But we make a point of allowing the game to run perfectly on common system specifications to make it accessible to a wide audience.

Q: Is this game to be made for a console and then ported to PC or will it be made for PC and then ported to a console?

JoWood: No, all versions are created at the same time. The team at Perception are taking care of

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Took them long enough to get the seasonal DVDs out, now finally a game. But could make it stand out from other bullet-shooting games? Zappers and gunstaffs that big a deal?

3. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, hopefully the team play and skills/abilities will set it apart...

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I imagine Republic Commando, with a plot.

5. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Good way of putting it :p

He says "major consoles". Does that include Gamecube or is it PS2 and X-Box only?

6. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    About bloody time to. Good thing is, is that there's also going to be a ninth season of SG-1.

7. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I believe they specifically stated it will not be on Gamecube.

8. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    D'oh.

Okay, thanks anyway.

9. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    The main site has gone live...no longer just a teaser site.

There's not too much new info yet...their official FAQ is just a slightly edited version of the previously posted interview.

Plotwise:

Anubis is on the move. Scouring the galaxy. Seeking that which can grant him immeasureable power...

SG-1, the front line of Earth's defense against the Goa'uld steel themselves for what lies ahead. They know it will be their greatest test.

...an ancient evil rises.

[image=http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/images/screenshots/Screen8.jpg]

[image=http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/images/screenshots/Screen2.jpg]

There's only a little bit of other content up at the moment. The most active part of the site seems to be the forums, and that's just more speculation for now.

10. Ryozo

Ryozo Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2002
    The SG-1 team is at the heart of our game, so co-op is, of course, one of the most exciting options available for the game. We will have more details on this as time progresses.

If this is what it sounds like - specifially, multiple players playing campaign missions as SG-1 - then this is what I say:
    Thank you. It's high time this mode returned to prominence.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Whoops, I didn't see this on the search. Can't wait to see this game.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The first trailer is now posted on the website.

14. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Ah, beat me to it.

Looks interesting. I'm hoping the next one will show a bit more of combat and interfaces 'stead of mainly just graphics.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, or at least more of the action- the shot of you in front of a pyramid shooting at a glider was pretty sweet.

16. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep. I'd really like some missions involving piloting a glider or x302.

I'm rather hopeful for the ability to mod the game. A group of my friends and I have a Stargate pnp rpg campaign going, which has been amazing so far. It'd be a lot of fun to mod our characters and plot with Alliance.

17. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Wow, nice trailer. Can't wait to play that.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  19. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    It amuses me to see two threads with the exact same title with different authors together.

20. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Ouch.

Pwnt was I.

It amuses me too...if it hadn't of been *my* thread that locked!1!

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    *whipsers*I liked your thread better, EV

:D

22. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    How are n00bs every going to be expected to use the index and search function properly when the Mod doesn't even do it. lol!

Well done EV, yet another reason why we love you.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention I went and wasted my 20,000th post on that locked thread- thanks a lot, EV! ;)

24. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    GUhahahahahaha my evil plan worked! You're quite welcome good Quest, quite welcome indeed. ;)

And to my credit plz this thread was not in the index. I checked. Seriously I did...after the fact. But it still wasn't in there!

**Bows his head in respect to SFL** Thank you SFL for the love :).

25. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Always been a fan of Star Gate since the movie Star Gate and I watch the show and by the way July is a new season of Star Gate. I cant wait tell wait tell Season 8 comes out on DVD its by far the best Season so far. I might just have to buy the game it looks sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.