main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Any word on if there'll be Replicators in the game?

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Doesn't seem likely, based on the info we have. Kul warriors, Jaffa, some new race that reminds me of the borg.

November is going to be painful:
    Star Wars DVD set
    Stargate Season 8
    Stargate Atlantis Season 1
    Battlestar Galactica Season 1?

3. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It is going to painful isn't it. I couldn't agree more. Those screenshots look pretty cool, hope the gameplay is good.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Just don't get the SW dvd set and get the other stuff. If you already have all the DVDs already wahts the point in getting the set? Stargate stuff demands you forget about SW in November.

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The only SW DVD I have is EP II. I never bought the trilogy, or even EP I.
    I still have the original edition on VHS too :D

Hmm. I will not take sides on the SW vs. SG1 debate, as I find both to be excellent. And non-competative, as one is a movie, the other a pair of TV shows.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they do have something in common- both started out as movies and eventually spun off (or will spin off) into a TV series or two ::)

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    JoWood scraps Stargate SG-1 video game

In a surprise move, Austrian video game publisher JoWooD Productions Software AG announced today that they have put the brakes on Stargate SG-1: The Alliance and terminated the company's relationship with developer Perception PTY Ltd. The company believes that the game as it is being developed will not meet the quality expectations of fans.

"The title in its current form, initially scheduled for an October 2005 release, does satisfy neither our quality requirements nor the fans expectations," JoWood CEO Albert Seidl said in a press release. "We will not release anything that does not do justice to this well known license. In recent months we have invested a lot of time and resources in helping Perception finish the development, but we now simply have lost confidence in their ability to finish this project in time and sufficient quality."

You can read more in the article linked above.

This sucks- i wa slooking forward to it, but I'm really happt to see game developers not wanting to rush out any old product and really make an effort to put out a quality title.

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm pissed. I'm happy that they'd prefer to have a "perfect" game but it is 2 months until its scheduled release date, why can't they just bump it back instead of canning it totatlly?

Quest permission to lead a strike team and kill all these frackers for canning this game and refusing to postpone the release date?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Denied- let's see if they announce plans to bring it to a next gen console first.

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
  11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Why the frowns, this is excellent news. Newses, Dracmus would say, you know how Selonians are . . . Or would we prefer another Sith Lords? I remember that SNES Bruce Lee fighting game was recalled from stores as the developer wnated to add better content, but that was ages ago.

12. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    Nice to know this game is NOT cancelled ;)

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fine ::edits title:: specific enough for ya? ;)

14. _Equilibrium_

Jun 26, 2004
    Wait starting over ? Meaning completely RE DOING the game from the beginning ? So the trailer online now = nadda ?

15. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    It's annoying, but I'd rather it was done right.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Accoridng to that article, they are negoiating for some assets but I'd imagine that might only be for the storyline stuff like the actors' voice work and such, perhaps some art elements too. But it seems like the actual gameplay is being redone for sure.

17. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    This games needs MacGuyver action.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm glad that they aren't going to churn out a piece of crap game, potentially ruining chances for future games in this franchise, but I still hope it gets (re)done. :(

19. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    In all seriousness. A game of this magnitude (I like that word), and with the expectations it will have to live up to... a game is almost impossible.

There would have to be dozens of worlds, meaning equal numbers of inhabitants / cultures / buildings / designs / plant life / animal life etc etc etc

And that's just to begin with, without having to try and put a storyline into that mix, with enemy / 'mishaps' / Jack's banter / Sam's HAWTNESS.

Cause if I'm thinking of a game, it's so high... it's like watching SG1 and being them at the same time. I mean, me and Jack are going to be tight! On our day's off - we'll be at the river fly fishing, we're that tight.

So, I'm not expecting a game... at all, let alone any time soon.

oh, did I mention weapons and technologies with those dozens of worlds? If not, equal numbers of weapons and different technologies!

I think I got it in there, did ya notice?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sam.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  21. _Equilibrium_

Jun 26, 2004
    I thought it was NEVER cancelled & that it was just starting over ?

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Funny, I was just thinking the other day about how no one has done an SG-1 videogame yet. Sweet.

23. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    That was an interesting bit of "he said she said". Nice to see that even when you start a video game company you can still act like a 2 year old.

Last I had heard Perception was looking at skipping the middleman and that Namco would be releasing the whole thing. We shall see.

24. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It's look pretty promising. I hope the gameplay is good.

25. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    GOD DAMN IT!!

First Zelda now This!

This is total BS! >_<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.