main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate SG-1

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I know Terry watches this, but who else?

I have the 1st three seasons on DVD now and am halfway through season 2. This show is SO much better when you can see every episode in order. The 2nd season is especially picking now that things are carrying over to the next episode and all that. I'm loving it.

A guy from work was a fan of the show, but hearing Terry talk about it was largely responsible for me getting the DVD's and watching it. I'm glad for it too. It's turning out to be just pretty damn sweet.

I was a bit weary about MacGuyver taking over Kurt Russell's role as Colonel O'neill, but Anderson has made me love his character so much more. He's just too funny.

My season 1 dvd's are up for borrowing if anyone wants to, just let me know! Season 2 will follow shortly.

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, since I am now unfortunately Buffy-free until Angel returns this Fall, I might have to take you up on that offer. The movie had unrealized potential, but I don't think I've ever seen any of the series yet.

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    just say so and I'll bring em to the 2 yr BBQ

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Hey JD, I like the show.

It is probably the ONLY show that's discussed around here that I've actually seen and enjoyed. I watched it when it was on Showtime I believe. It was pretty good, no commercials or anything. I lost track though because it started to get like Star Trek (kill the big bad guy within the hour or the whole world is doomed) I really enjoy the show though and try to catch it on the weekends or at night on sci fi.

5. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    :cool:

A SG-1 thread, you beat me to it JD! :D

Here's another page for SG-1 disscussions

SG-Commmand

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Great show. I watch it all the time. I'd like to get on your borrowing list for those DVD Cory :D Hehe...

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    JD,

Feel free to bring those DVDs on Sunday. I need to evaluate my schedule for the upcoming month and see if I will actually be able to get some quality viewing time in. Otherwise, it sounds like some other folks might be int'rest'd, in which case I would defer to them. Thanx for the offer.

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Watch it all the time. I like the way they took Jack's character and made him into the quiet, sarcastic, funny man as well as the lead tough guy. Very difficult character. Of course, Richard Dean Anderson's production company produces this show, so I image he had a lot to do with molding his character.

EDIT: Deleted question that could be answered by READING the date of the original post... [face_blush]

Good thing most of us CS folks check the Denver board or we would miss 90% of your posts...

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    RMFF 2nd Anniversary BBQ

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The 2nd Anniversary gathering of the RMFF, which coincidentally is at my place in Parker. Please feel free to swing by. Check the "2nd Anniversary BBQ" thread for updates, etc.

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, so it appears that I have now been sucked into the Stargate by the thoughtful lending of JD's DVD's this past weekend. Have to say that I like the series so far, and it seems to have remained fairly faithful and true to the movie.

So, MR. JD, I need to hook up w/you and score some more discs, as I just polished off Season 2, Disc 4 at some ungodly hour this morning.

Provided that PM's are functioning again, check yur's and we'll see what can be done.

For those that haven't seen this series yet, it is worth watching. Been a fan of Mr. Anderson's (tee hee...obligatory Matrix pun) since his MacGuyver days.

Oh, and by the way, what was the deal with the Pilot episode???? Did they actually AIR that on TV????? Dang...she was yummy...ALL of her...

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Apparently, SG-1 has been renewed for its 8th season.

Sweeeeeeet...

13. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Yes, they did show the pilot that way on TV, but you have to remember that it started on Showtime where the rules for dress and (ahem) undress are different. When it showed on Fox they cut that part out. (darn!)

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ah, I see...

I wasn't aware that SG-1 had actually debuted on Showtime. Did they just run the pilot episode, or did the series actually run on Showtime for awhile?

Oh, and curses to you and JD for getting me hooked on yet ANOTHER serialistic TV series...

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Minor correction, I do see that JO mentioned the Showtime affiliation in an earlier post.

Maybe we should petition to have Angel produced by Showtime...

16. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Unfortunatly, that was the only episode in 5 seasons on Showtime that had a scene like that. :(

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That is unfortunate...

So, SG-1 ran for 5 seasons on Showtime, eh?
    Cool. How did the transition go from Showtime to Sci-Fi? Was there a noticeable difference from Season 5 to 6 (a-la Buffy's move)?

I didn't realize that the show was in its 7th season. Sheesh, I've got a lot to catch up on...

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Random SG-1 quote:

Teal'c: What is an Oprah?

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Did I really say "serialistic TV series"?

Ouch...better have my internal redundancy doppel-monitor checked.

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol

Sarah: Alison is next on the list, you can borrow them when she's done!

I need to figure out a way to get Stacy the end of Season 2 and all of Season 3 sometime soon while I'm watching Angel (which actualy means that he will pass me in the series that I got him started on...story of my life, lol!)

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    After chatting w/Cory, I'll be making the necessary arrangements to get Season 1 and discs 1-4 of Season 2 to Alison at some point in the near future.

Otherwise, I have somewhat decided to frag the whole continuity concept for now at least, and just watch what I can when it is available.

So, that having been said, I find myself in an interesting quandry.

I made it through disc 4 of Season 2. I watched the season 7 episode that aired last Friday, and am in the process of watching the four Season 4 episodes that just aired last night. This Friday brings yet another Season 7 episode to record. I intend to pick up Season 3 on DVD by next week. Plus, four more episodes of Season 4 air next Monday. Not sure when I'll get back to the final disc of Season 2...

So, I think the final plan of attack will be to record the remaining Season 7 episodes as they air on Friday nights, while similarly recording the Season 4 episodes that air on Mondays. This will be accomplished while watching Season 3 via DVD. As Season 4 DVD is due out in a little over a month, I may forego even watching the recorded episodes in favor of the DVD's. Upon completion of Season 4, Season 5 should have commenced airing and subsequent recording on Monday nights, Season 7 should be complete and recorded on Friday nights, and hopefully Season 8 will be airing and recording on the Fall schedule.

Not that this really matters to ANYONE, but I needed to work out the logistics myself...

Sheesh...

22. JuniperSky

JuniperSky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2003
    Ohh! Me! I love 'em though i don't get to watch 'em. No Cable... Would get 'em on disk but its too expensive for a person who doesn't even have a poor paying job! One of these days though.....

23. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    SS, maybe we can work out some way to pass the discs my way once I get back from SD? (Aug 11)

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    will you both be at the campout? If I'm able to go, I'll bring the rest of season 2 and season 3 (but don't spoil me b/c I haven't watched them yet. I can't quit watching Angel yet!! I'll also bring season 2 of Angel for Jen.

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I am a hopeful attendee at this point. I will have the discs w/me to pass to Alison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.