main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate SG1 has been CANCELED! Please help SAVE SG1 !

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Minder, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    We need EVERYONE to help here. Please save SG1. Its the best thing since Star Wars!

Mike over at http://www.savesg1.org/ has come up with the greatest idea I have heard to save SG1

1. Empty a tissue box
    2. With a bold marker, write "SEND MORE SG-1" on the side.
    3. Mail it to the addresses listed HERE

I have provided the addresses below for those of you who may not be able to get there.

I personally am going to send Tissue boxes to everyone on the list! Its CLASSIC!

Bonnie Hammer, President
    NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel,
    30 Rockefeller Plaza,
    New York NY, 10112

Mark Stern, Executive VP Original Programming
    30 Rockefeller Plaza,
    New York NY, 10112

David Howe, Executive VP and General Manager
    30 Rockefeller Plaza,
    New York NY, 10112

If you would like to see Stargate SG-1 have the opportunity to end properly - or continue on with a mini-series or direct-to-DVD movies, then please write a postcard of encouragement to MGM at:

Charles Cohen, Executive Vice President
    MGM Television Entertainment
    10250 Constellation Boulevard,
    Los Angeles CA, 90067

Postcards are required, because sometimes letters are ripped open and the message inside is destroyed.

You can also address letters of support for the members of the cast:

Stargate SG-1 Productions
    Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary RD, Burnaby, BC
    Canada, V5M 3Z3

Telephone calls are also useful. NBC Universal:

(212) 757-5294 and (212) 956-2395
    Remember these are long distance for those of you who do not live in (212) area

Moleman edit: Please post this recent news in our SG-1 thread. :)

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This might be premature- Sci-fi cancelled SG-1, not MGM, and a producer of the show have said SG-1 will continue, they just don't know in what form yet.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."

A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is

SG-1 also has a good shot at getting picked up by another network, though (ironicaly, Showtime's new president has shown interest in wanting the show back in the past few weeks).

Personally, I'm gonna wait a week to see if anything is actually annoucned before I start chucking kleenex boxes over to Scifi and MGM ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.