main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Stargate SG1 - Threading The Needle One Planet At A Time

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    Hey guys thanks for al the responses, sorry I haven't been around lately, not got much net access as of late.

If anyone has an idea, game etc put it out there I consider this to be an open parliment type of thread, rather than a 'me say, you do' when it comes to tasks etc.

Heres one...pick an SG character anyone at all, even like Sgt Syller and write a 'Day in the life of...' fic, it can be as long or as short as you want and be about anything at all, outside the SGC etc, whatever you want.

And as I said before if anyones got any ideas..let's hear them :) [face_peace]

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "A Day in the Life of Sgt Siler"

Dear Diary,

Today I was thrown against a wall when something exploded near me. Just like yesterday.

THE END

Poor guy must have crazy medical bills. :p

3. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    [face_laugh] good one. Yeah he ain't the luckiest character in the show:)

4. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I have the start of a plot bunny for a short Atlantis story. Still need to flesh it out a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to get it done before NaNoWriMo.

5. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I like Stargate SG1.

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else, but watching Atlantis is depressing me, when I know that only a few episodes remain. It's even worse when FINALLY Ronan and McKay are fighting over Keller. I've been waiting for that for months! It's a fangirl's dream come true. :p

7. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    Welcome Tattooine Ghost, why don't you tell us a bit about what got you into SG1, your fav characters etc.

Still haven't seen any Atlantis, Skys broken, can't watch anything :_|

8. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    Daniel mainly.

9. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    Hi guys!
    My names Ben, and im an Stargate-aholic... XD

10. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    Is eet dead?

11. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I was having trouble with the story I was working on, and now my main focus is on NaNoWriMo. I'll get back to it after November.

12. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Ahhh, good ol' Stargate....

I recall seeing the movie sometime after it came out -- the previews didn't thrill me, so I waited for it to come on TV. (My mom had cable at the time.)

I was aware of the TV series when it first hit the airwaves, but at the time, I don't think I was really the right age to appreciate the subtleties and nuances of what all was going on. In fact, I didn't really get that much into it until I started hanging out with some people who would watch it religiously on SciFi every Friday evening, and that was only a few years ago. Since then, though, I'm all about any Stargate I can get, SG-1 or Atlantis. Unfortunately, I don't have cable where I live now, and since Atlantis is going off the air, too, I don't see much point in getting it. Not when I have a convenient used movie store where I can go to buy whole seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis. :)

I've written a few SG fics, but I want to revise them before I bring them over here, which might take some time, in light of the fact that I have now 2 active projects going in terms of fanfic, and I've been meaning to get back to some original works so I can start looking for an agent....

13. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Well, NaNo is done, but I'm still having trouble capturing the personalities of some of the characters. I still want to use one of the scenes from what I started writing, but I think I'm going to have to re-plot the story around it.

14. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I think I should have something to post by the end of the year. It's sort of a test, an exploration of the characters and how best to write them. Like Ultima mentioned, it's not easy playing in somebody else's sandbox. They tend to throw sand in your eyes, and make you eat it, and shove it -

Wait, that's just a repressed childhood memory :oops:

I'm looking forward to seeing some Stargate stories!

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Well, I never got around to writing that fic I mentioned before, but a few weeks ago, I had an idea for an Atlantis/X-wing crossover which I've plotted out a bit. I'm "borrowing" a couple ideas from Darth Marrs (the king of crossovers), but I just had a random thought last night. Yoda = Furling. Probably not going to make it into the story considering when it takes place, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

16. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I'm getting close to ready to start posting the Atlantis/X-wing crossover, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to read the first chapter to make sure I've got the character voices pretty much right.

17. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Ultima, I don't get over to this side often, but I'd be willing to take a look. Sounds interesting.

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Hi! What do you all think of Universe?

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    It's taken some getting used to, G_Anakin. And, I'm still not sure I like it. there are few sympathetic characters and less that zero valid humor. Right now the characters keeping me interested are TJ, Young, Greer, and perhaps Scott.

I look forward to more about what Destiny is up to. There is some potential for storytelling on board, much less going through the gate.

You?

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I think it is okay. I am enjoying some of the themes the show is using. The titling is often perfect. Time and Justice are very good episodes.

21. violent-poetry

violent-poetry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2010
    i was quite depressed when the series ended, as far as series go, my staples are as follows in no particular order:

star trek, stargate, firefly, battlestar galactica, andromeda and earth final conflict.

atlantis is awesome though, i like the fact that it takes place in another galaxy and the wraiths especially the warriors, they remind me of the locusts from the game gears of war. ronan is my favorite character, i like his primitive no nonsense attitude. dr mckay is so whiny but you just gotta love him and sheppard of course he is awesome.

22. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I just read that Season 2 of SGU is going to be 'darker'. Really? Give me a break. Please. [face_praying]

Col. Young is supposed to go to dark place in the opening episodes. Great. I like Young, warts and all. I fear what this means, but given the Season 1 finale, I can see where this is going.

Ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.