main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Stargate: Universe] Trust Me (TJ, Greer) angsty ficlet

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Trust Me
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: TJ, Greer
    Keywords: angst, friendship
    Series: Drabbles From ?Destiny?
    Notes: This fic makes me nervous. I'm not sure I've got the characters right. I wanted to address the lack of trust TJ has with Greer, but the voices don't seem right. Be gentle. I hope you enjoy.

Trust Me

Like most on Destiny, the corridor was dark; not pitch black, but dark enough to heighten the creepiness of the old ship. Shadows large and small stretched throughout the silent, empty portions of the ancient vessel. TJ made her way to her quarters, relieved that Colonel Young had returned with an injured, but viable Lt. Scott. After a cursory examination, she determined that Matt would be fine after a couple of days of rest. She was also relieved to be out of the hot seat of command. She had enough on her plate to add such a burden.

Rounding the corner to her quarters, she saw Greer leaning against the bulkhead opposite her door.

?I thought you might want to address this trust issue we seem to have?? he said in a slow, relaxed drawl.

?You mean you want to talk about it,? she replied, punching in her room code and not looking at him.

?Okay. I want to talk about it,? he replied, with a rising edge. ?Most of the time, I wouldn?t care what people think one way or another. But we?re on the same team. We need to know what the other is thinking.?

She finally turned to face him. ?I?m thinking you?re a loose cannon, Greer; someone who is angry enough to knock down one commanding officer and loyal enough to steal or kill for another. I was in command today and I didn?t know if you would follow my orders when it counted. It made things harder.?

She watched through tired eyes as he took that in. The same eerie smile curled at the edge of his mouth.

?Listen Lieutenant,? he began, relaxing his pose even further. ?This is tough on all of us. Some of us, with brains or presence of mind, even common sense, have to manage the rest. They all want to panic; to give up. Some would prefer we all die than anyone be sacrificed. I won?t allow it. We have to be strong.?

She sighed. ?What are you talking about? None of that has anything to do with a floating cloud of water eaters. Or you wanting to torch ?em all. I have to get some rest. We?re done.?

?This can?t be easy for you,? he said, flatly.

?What?? she replied curtly. She knew where he was going to go and it was the last thing she wanted to talk about.

?Being here with the Colonel.?

?You really are a bastard, Greer,? she replied incredulously. ?What possible purpose could you have for saying that??

?Slow down,? he encouraged, reaching out to her. She slapped his hand away. ?I don?t think you understand.?

?You?re right about that. Get lost.?

He didn?t move. He stared at her with empathy in his eyes. She didn?t notice at first. She was too angry. Damn him for bringing up Everett.

He took a step back. ?All I wanted to say is that you can?trust me. I?ll have your back in a fight. You mean something to the Colonel no matter what decision he made. Like I trust him, I?ll trust you. I hope you?ll give me the same courtesy. Good night.?

He pivoted in a lazy military way and proceeded down hall.

She watched in awe. He seemed to be everything she thought he was and yet there was something more under the hard skin and high walls he?d built around himself. He was an enigma to be sure.

She entered her room and fell backwards onto the bed. What a mess.

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I so totally adore Stargate Universe. It's so different from the other shows and it had me hooked after the pilot episode. I don't like Chloe, though. :p

Greer is one of my favorite characters. All dark and brooding and friggin insane when he has to be.
    I'm not surprised that half the crew doesn't really trust him. You never know when he might snap.

He seemed to be everything she thought he was and yet there was something more under the hard skin and high walls he?d built around himself. He was an enigma to be sure.

My thoughts exactly.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.