main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stargate

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Defiance, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defiance

Defiance Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 16, 1999
    So, does anyone like the score? I recently listened to a few clips and I was thinking of buying the whole thing. What I heard was quite good.

2. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    It's one of those scores that's great to go along with the film, and an occasional listen by itself. However, it's one of those scores that overuse in trailers has butchered.

And like that...he's gone.

3. Defiance

Defiance Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 16, 1999
    That's ok, I never watch trailers anyway.

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I think it's a lot of fun. I used to listen to it a lot -- not so much anymore. It's one of those front-heavy scores though, with most of the best stuff in the first 8-10 tracks, and then it overstays its welcome before getting really good again at the end.

5. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Yeah, it's a great score overall, but the album is a little too long and a little heavy on the 1 to 2 minute tracks. Plus the main theme, while excellent, is overused and is performed in much the same way throughout. The album could be shortened to 45 minutes and be much better off, IMO.

That said, there's some amazing music to be found, especially the last two tracks.

6. StarWarsFan2005

StarWarsFan2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I like the movie Stargate but I perfer the tv series more. I have never really liked Kurt Russel, and I'm glad they got Richard Dean Anderson do to the job as Colonel O'Niell.

But anyways for the music portion I love all the Stargate music, including the Stargate SG-1 pilot episode score, even though the music from Arnold and Goldsmith have been joined that doesn't bother me non it's still good to listen to.

Trent

7. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Far more superior than the TV series Obvisously ;)

the Fiulms cue is wonderful
    espiacilly when they open the gate

very peaceful.

8. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I think it's quite good.

I love Ra's entrance, but I'm a sucker for throwing in the choir and making a grand entrance :)

Most in here are correct though, it's over-used in trailer's but for good reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.