main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Stargate

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by CarboniteHan, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarboniteHan

CarboniteHan Jedi Knight star 3

May 11, 2007
    Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis rule!

I see your puny Smallville and raise you a spin-off series.

2. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    is Richard Dean Anderson starring in the show or this the Kurt Russell version?

3. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
  4. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    Indeed, but it's all good. But I like snakes-in-the-head and lifesuckers.

5. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    i'm only to season 3, so should we set some ground rules as to what constitutes a spoiler? i mean if something HUGE happened in season5, i don't want to know about it, but i also don't want people tip-toeing around trying not to make it too obvious referring to the event.

6. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    I can go along with you as you make your way through season 3 and beyond.

Did you finish 'Legacy'?

7. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    yes, and i thought to myself (because i haven't figured out how to think to others...yet) that the "virus" sure was taking its time to kill the goa'uld in teal'c. i sometimes am not sure how much time is elapsing in an episode, but it seemed he was "infected" for quite some time.

8. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I think the main guy dies. He tries to hotwire a space ship using only a toothpick and a hydrospanner, but the BLT drive spins up, sends him AWOL down a chasm.

That's where I left off.

9. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    I thought "Legacy" was very well written and all of the main cast did an excellent job.

'Gate travel may be hazardous to your health'

This is also one of the first episodes directed by Peter DeLuise.

10. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    overall, i liked it, i just get lost as to time elapsed in some episodes. sometimes the episode is almost "real time" while other episodes go for weeks. (i can't think of the name of the episode with the black hole)

11. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    "A matter of time"

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/216.shtml

12. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    yeah, i think that may be one of my top three favs so far.

13. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    That one did totally rock.

My wife, a physics teacher, showed that episode to her class to illustrate a point regarding relativity. So double-cool-points to my better half for being geeky right along with me and sharing with others. My physics teacher was never so awesome.

14. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    Learning Curve was my episode of the day. i really liked the ending. i thought that she'd go back and try to negotiate out of having the nano-cites removed, but instead she was able to "change the minds" of so many others using her technique.

15. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Soo... Do you guys recommend this? I liked BSG and Firefly. And I liked the SG movie.

16. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    yes, it's good. just a warning, though, the first episode was debuted on showtime, so there is a scene of full frontal nudity. but i think that may be the only non-pg moment in the entire series so far.

17. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I can't think of anything interesting to say than: "heh. hehheh heh. He said 'full frontal nudity'"

18. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    It's a great series, with an interesting premise that developed well. The writing and direction is usually excellent, and the main actors do a wonderful job. Who doesn't love RDA?

While I was skeptical at first, Stargate: Atlantis has proven to be an excellent addition to the franchise. A word of warning though, much like how Star Trek: TNG and Star Trek:DS9 ran concurrently and shared plot information the same has happened these last three years for the Stargate universe as well. While I give Atlantis a big thumbs-up I would recommend waiting until you've watched through the first few seasons of SG-1 before tasting Atlantis (unless of course you don't mind getting soiled, er, spoiled).

19. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I never got into DS:9. Something about the lack of a... Trek.

20. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    my former boss used to lament over the fact that DS9 was just a babylon 5 knock-off. something about how the creator of babylon proposed this show about a space station near a wormhole and it got rejected by star trek, but then they made DS9 which is about a space station near a wormhole.

21. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    I enjoyed Learning Curve and also liked the ending. However it was kind of creepy with the father sharing the drawing he made.

22. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    i'm not at work today, so no stargate today, and the two previous days we watched "300" at work.

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm at work today, so no Stargate for me.

24. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    i have been REAL busy at work, and i had today and tomorrow scheduled off, so i haven't seen an episode for a long time now.

25. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    How do you cope?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.