main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stark Hyperspace #2 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shara, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok so it's Friday and I'm just now getting it. Because of the holiday the local comic place hasn't gotten it until today. So I'll be getting it at lunch today.

Anyone else have it yet? Want to tell the rest of us about it?

By the way, the cover of #2 and #3 are both done by our beloved Jan Duursema and Dave McCaig, if you didn't know. I don't know if #1 was as well.

But take a gander at the cover of #3. Jan, I already told you this, but wow! I love it.

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I really want to read the rest of this series, but the thing is there are no comic book shops anywhere near where I live so I'm planning on waiting for the entire series to come out so that I can order then all at the same time and save on shipping costs ;)

When you have read this could you please tell me if Obi and Qui are in it a bit more than the last comic? ;)

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Sure will! You know you can order those comics if you want them now instead of later. I'm assuming from the cover of #3 that Obi and Quin will be in it more. My favorite movie-based character and my favorite EU character on the cover together. What more could a girl want?

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I just got my today as well. I'm glad I didn't try yesterday, as the weeks comic shipments had only just arrived at my comic shop. :)

Anyway, I can't wait to read this issue. I think the cover is great. :)

~*~Bria

5. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    My comic shop is closed till Wednesday, the 2nd! :(

Spoil me! :D

6. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    What happens in it? it seems to take place after the JA books and covers Obi-Wan's teen years, Tyvokka looks cool in part 1.

7. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I've got it, but I don't really have time to summarize it now. I'll post a summary when I get a chance.

8. Dave_McCaig

Dave_McCaig SW Artist, Dark Horse Comics VIP

Oct 10, 2001
    what did you all think of this issue?

9. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I just picked it up today...I'll put it this way...the Ongoing has recently gone from being my least favorite series, to my # 1 favorite series.

10. Dave_McCaig

Oct 10, 2001
    :)

What did you like about it/ dislike?

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Only one thing...Tarkin's fleet should've had a few Dreadnaughts.Ivincible should've been a dreadnaught not an upgraded courier ship.

12. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Dreadnaught

Rich planets should have dreadnaughts. The Coruscant Security Force should definitey have dreadnaughts in it's fleet. The Republic Outlands Defense Force should have em;perhaps even the Republican Guard.

Also,ships in the GFFA should not be red.That color is a neutral color and reserved for diplomatic vessels.I'll accept that perhaps Tarkin was hiding was hiding the fact that his fleet was really a military fleet and not a convoy of courier ships.I'll also accept that perhaps the worlds that gave Tarkin ships didn't have Dreadnaughts or didn't want to spare them.

The Navy in council of war(which I assume is the Coruscant Security Force navy or the navy of the Outland Regions defence force since The Republic has no national military just security and police forces)also had ships painted red and it was lacking dreadnaughts.

In future issues,it would be nice to see such ships as they were the most powerful ships in the entire Republic before the Clone Wars broke out.

Anyway,other then the color of the ships and absence of Dreadnaughts ,I was pretty happy with both issues. :D

13. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Note:the info on that card says that Dreadnaughts were introduced during the Clone Wars.That's a slight continuity flub.According to 99% of the sources out there they were in service long before the Clone Wars broke out.

In fact,In Rogue Planet,which takes place before the Clone Wars,Tarkin is disappointed that he couldn't get any dreadnaughts for his fleet,the most powerful ships in the galaxy when the Republic still existed.Rogue Planet was just released last year.

14. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Introduced to the galaxy before the Clone Wars,the Dreadnaught-Class Heavy Cruiser was the largest vessel of it's time"

-Imperial Sourcebook

Most other sources agree with that bit of info,including the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels and Wizards of the Coasts's recent Guide to Starships(or whatever the title is)

15. Dave_McCaig

Oct 10, 2001
    Shara:

Well, you can blame me for the red ships: I colored both books.

For whatever reason, all navy ships have been designated red by Dark Horse (I'm assuming on demand from Lucasfilm.) I thought this was strange too, but I was instructed to make all navy ships red for both of the series you mentioned.

16. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    What about the lack of Dreadnaughts?Not allowed to use em?

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Well, I find the period before TPM to be a very interesting era in time. Lots of cool things going on. Plus, this series has a huge cast of characters, some of which we've seen before, and it's always interesting to see these characters before they're in their "prime."

I'm not sure why, but I think I would have liked it better had it not been a flashback story, though. I'd much rather it actually be set as the events are unfolding.

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    It actually came out?

Damn, my usual comic store didn't have it. I might have to go to the competition :(

wk

19. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.