main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Starkiller in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 31, 2013.

?

Do you want Starkiller to appear in Star Wars: Rebels?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

115 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Tone his powers down a lot and no part in the beginning of the Rebellion. Make him either Imperial or part of the Rebellion. Or brothers on opposite sides of the war.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I'm not super familiar with him, so I've not got a strong opinion.

What I know about the character makes it seem difficult to integrate him into the new canon. As someone whose only firsthand experience with the character is from SoulCalibur IV, from what I've read on Star Wars sites, blogs and forums like this, I feel like he would dominate the formation of the Rebel Alliance in a way that would put too many constraints on those in the story group and authors forming the current canon.

I'm open to some version of the character appearing, but hesitant. I'm sure Filoni, Kinberg and company could make something I'd enjoy, and I'm sure there are ways to take his main elements and add him to the new status quo, he just seems like he might be too cumbersome to integrate fully as he was established in The Force Unleashed, as it has been presented to me.

3. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    I'd love to see him make an appearance. Dumb down his powers though, for sure. His involvement with the formation of the rebel alliance was a story I always loved.

4. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    Starkiller was a fun character for the game, but him and that whole story line should stay out of anything else. His VA was pretty good though, maybe bring him back in for someone else other than Maul.

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There are plenty other types of assassins who can be used by the Empire to kill off members of the Rebellion. Darth Vader does it, his inquisitors, the Emperor's Dark Hands, bounty hunters, and more can do the same as Starkiller does.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think we'll get him, but under a different name and background story.

7. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Starkiller in Rebels

What? Why? No.

SatineNaberrie likes this.
  8. SkywalkerTheThird

SkywalkerTheThird Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    I would allow him in on these terms.

PROXY is a must, aswell as Rahm Kota. However they can remix mr. Kota. Juno should be redshirt. Tone down his powers, same backstory, no TFU2 story elements.

Also give him some jedi kills. :)

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Nope I liked Jar Jar... in the TCW but I couldn't abide him in the movies though!:D

10. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    You know make him an overemotional idiot whose easily angered into making mistakes might make him much more of a useful antagonist for the rebels but not a long lived one.
    I like the idea of him being a spy or assassin but constant failures do not help make him last more than a season and the Inquisitor was a much better nemesis than Starkiller poses.
    ISB Agents feel more appropriate make some time for espionage and imperial treachery with some losses for the Rebels to highlight its not all smooth sailing which given they've yet to lose a life with the crew of the Ghost its long overdue maybe the new recruits will share their experiences to help keep the Empire from being harmless save for Vader...

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, PROXY is must.

darskpine10 likes this.
  12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I voted yes, but pretty much only in circumstances like you describe. If he's an Inquisitor or Inquisitor-in-training, that's fine, even if he switches sides later... if he's another 'child of the Force' and works with the Rebels, fine... if he doesn't go by Starkiller at all, that's preferable (leaves the name open to a new canon use).

But if he's Vader's Secret Apprentice, if the Alliance crest is his family crest, if he's responsible for bringing various Rebel cells together to become an Alliance, then don't bother. Too cheesy. It sounds like a bad fan-fic character when you lay out his story: "He's the child of a Jedi Knight--Anakin wasn't the only one with a family!--and he's the most powerful Force-user ever. He's Vader's secret apprentice, and takes out Jedi across the galaxy before realizing the error of his ways. He brings together the Empire's enemies to gather them in one place, but sympathizes with them and thus is responsible for forming the Rebel Alliance himself. He kicks Vader's butt, leaving him all injured and his suit half-destroyed, but of course he has to die nobly to pave the way for Luke, and in doing so the Alliance honors his memory by using his family crest as their symbol."

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Sabine is already using the starbird / phoenix symbol, I wonder if they are implying the events of TFU happened or if the origin is now completely different.

pepoluan likes this.
  14. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    This:
    [​IMG]
    Does not equal this:
    [​IMG]

lookameatbag likes this.
  15. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I could be wrong, but I am 99.9% confident that the Rebel Alliance starbird symbol will be somehow redesigned from Sabine's starbird symbol at point in the series.

16. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    The concept artist that designed it for Rebels already said its based on the Alliance symbol, which was clear to me. I'm just curious if they're implying that Starkiller and his story are somehow intertwined in Rebels already, with Sabine using a starbird...

17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, that is likely, but people keep treating them as the exact same design already, when they clearly aren't.

And no, they're not implying any connection with Starkiller's story. TFU is non-canon.

18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    That's the thing though, we don't know what, if anything, they are implying until they explain why she's using that symbol. It's yet to be established, so they could be borrowing story elements from TFU or divising a new story with Sabine being the originator. If that's the case, it would interesting if there was a Mandalore connection to the symbol.

19. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    The "Starkiller starts the Rebellion" thing was about as fan-fic an idea as can be found in the EU (short of the Mary Sue accusations against Mara Jade and Corran Horn, I suppose). "My new character is Vader's Secret Apprentice! He's the most powerful Force-user ever, assassinated several Jedi, fell in love with a badass Imperial lady, has his own sweet ship and the best droid in the universe who's like Batman's Alfred and MCU Iron Man's Jarvis combined, he started the Rebellion by bringing everyone together himself, kicked Vader's ass and damaged his suit, and after all the good he accomplished the Alliance decided to use his family crest as their official symbol to remember him by. Oh, and the only reason he got killed is because George Lucas wouldn't let him kill the Emperor and change the timeline, tho he totally could have." :rolleyes:

TFU's story wasn't all bad, and I really do like Marek and many of the others, but holy hell that Rebellion angle reeked of the worst of fan-fic. All it was missing was him rescuing Chewie from slavery but letting Han take the credit.

Darth Blade likes this.
  20. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    HEY! Who's scruffy looking?:D

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This is interesting.

I actually think that Starkiller, working as an agent of Vader -- a secret Sith apprentice -- would make a pretty perfect foil for Ahsoka in Rebels.

As you say, give Marek powers roughly equal to that of Tano (but have them be powers realized through tapping into the dark side), and we can watch as the dance between the two students of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (one raised Jedi, the other, Sith) plays out.

I mean, it doesn't have to be Starkiller, per se. But I'm generally a fan of integrating EU characters and concepts into the canon when and where possible. And I was a fan of the character of Galen Marek. So if they ever were to integrate a 'Vader's Apprentice' into Rebels, I'd prefer it be Starkiller. His prior contributions to the founding of the Alliance can either be worked into the larger Rebels story line, or ignored in favor of something else, but I'd like to get him in there.

As I said before, though, crazy video game power levels are great for the game, but not for the canon. Just leave that out.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like he combined the Jedi Knight logo with the Rebel Alliance logo. Sabine's entire bird theme looks carried over from Rook Kast, whether or not there is an familial connection or just carried over production art ideas remains unknown.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That's what I think will occur.

24. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015

I think that would be great. If you think about it, Starkiller is in a way almost like Darth Vader's replacement apprentice after Ahsoka ran off. A showdown between Vader's former apprentice and his current apprentice could be pretty awesome. Starkiller hunted Jedi anyway. So it would even make sense for the confrontation to occur.

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Shira Brie fits into the story much better than Starkiller, imo. She could be the perfect infiltrator, collecting critical information on the rebels and sending it to Lord Vader. Then, when the time is ripe, she betrays the rebels and we get a nice lightsaber fight between her and Kanan or her and Ahsoka. Also, she likes to use a lightwhip, which is pretty cool, much better than the spinny saber.

And we really don't have enough female darksiders in canon.

rumsmuggler likes this.