main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starkiller's Cafe!!! DIscuss Your Favorite SW Games Rite Here While Enjoying an English Muffin!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by BendakStarkiller3004, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BendakStarkiller3004

BendakStarkiller3004 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2004
    Discuss any and all topics on Star Wars games here.

KOTOR, Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, etc.

Feel free to PM any suggestions for an improved Cafe!

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    G12 Edit: The EUC forum is the overall community forum open to all of the Expanded Universe forums under the EU umbrella, including the games forums.

3. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Ah good a chance to use a new face [face_peace]

Anyway someone tell me what that game was where you fight the battle of Hoth, please? Like a C&C game....

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Do you mean, Rebel Strike?

5. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Can you change the title, Genghis? It's a little busy.

6. Metroid_Warrior

Metroid_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    Galactic Battlegrounds had a bonus mission where you could be the Imperials at hoth. Actually it had a fan made Rebel one too.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah, the title might be a bit more focused towards games. I'm kind of partial to "Bendak Starkiller's Cafe! Discuss Your Favorite SW Games Rite Here While Enjoying a Tarisian Muffin!" instead of the current one.

8. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Before Battlegrounds, you played the Imperials at first and although I didn't get far enough it was pretty obvious that you would defect to the rebels and face your own brother in battle. You also played an Endor mission, where you scouted out the moon and killed ewoks...

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    TIE Fighter? That is the only game that I can think of in which you are an Imp...

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I remember doing the tow cable thing in the first Rogue Squadron. Or trying to and failing... Okay, I'll admit I spent most of my time playing that game just shooting banthas and massacring settlements. :p

Yeah, this title kind of echoes back the era of endless newb social threads, which we hope will not repeat itself. And doesn't the Games forum have a few threads where they discuss this stuff? I mean, we don't have a 'Come discuss all Star Wars books' thread.

11. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Got it! it was Force Commander! Anyway would anyone be able to tell what happens?

12. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    The good people of Duroon make a mighty fine muffin.

XWA has to be my favourite space/flight sim ever. Just the right amount of controls (not to many or too few) and some kick ass missions and ships. Nothing like flying a fully loaded Missle boat against a Golan III defence platform.

Heh, plus they had the Twin suns name way before Luke made his squadron.

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    XWA- Best cut scene ever, when all our family of heroes find the Liberty, after their home station is captured. *sniffle*

14. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Nothing like flying a fully loaded Missle boat against a Golan III defence platform.

I must remember to try that out sometime.

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    What does XWA stand for?

16. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    X-Wing: Alliance, the "Privateer" -type Star Wars game published by LucasArts in the late 90's.

[i]"A neutral family fights for its business -- and its survival -- and is swept up in the struggle against the encroaching Empire. You must defy the strong-arm tactics of a rival family who will stop at nothing to destroy your trading company. Ultimately, you will join the Rebel Alliance for a series of covert assignments and uncover information about the Empire?s second Death Star project. The finale? You'll find yourself at the controls of the legendary Millennium Falcon, flying against the massive Imperial fleet in the Battle of Endor. X-Wing Alliance puts you right in the middle of the epic Star Wars conflict -- and takes space combat excitement to new heights."[/i][hr][/ul]It allowed you to play X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, Z-95s, B-wings, the Millennium Falcon, and two other Corellian Transports.

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    So it's baisicly like another Rouge Squadron, except with more of a plot.

18. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Its the RS engine, but inproved heavily.

To bad you cant make missions for rouge Squadron 3D like you can in XWA.

And to bad the mission editor in XWA sucks. It'd be cool if you could give units waypoints, have enemy's arrive at a certain point, set reinforcements to arrive at a certain time, or at a certain event (like enemy coming in range) etc etc.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Er... no, it has absolutely nothing to do with RS in any fashion, shape, or form.

The flight sim line of SW PC games come from an entirely different engine than the console piloting games do. XWA using a completely redesigned version of the original X-wing's engine, which was refit into TIE Fighter and also redesigned into X-wing vs. TIE Fighter.

XWA actually sports a unique engine. :)

20. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    never had the pleasure of playing it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.