main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Starlight Parade this Saturday night!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey everybody!

The Rose Festival's Annual Starlight Parade will be taking place this Saturday evening.

Some of your fellow OFF members wil lbe trooping with the 501st! Crashdown has just been accepted into the Dark Side Troopers with his fantasic Jedi outfit! Of course I'll be marching. Two other attending DST members (Bill and Rob) are also random posters here on the OFF.

I actually am posting to tell you all that we need some help. If you can come to the parade, we need spotters for the event. Spotters are very important when trooping. We would like 6 to 8 spotters. Spotters are a key element in parades, especially a night parade! They help take photos, make sure the troops don't step in horse crap and also help with crowd control.

If anyone would like to help out, please respond here. I know there isn't much time, but we need all the help we can get...

-Kyle

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    It's great to be a Dark Side Trooper.....my mother would be so proud of me[face_dancing]

The Starlight Parade sounds like it will be fun. Even if you don't have a costume, but can be a spotter, it should be a ball. I've been in a few parades in my time, and just being in one is a great rush.

It would be great if more OFF members can join us!!

3. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    No one wants to be a spotter? :(

-Kyle

4. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    I would but I will be protecting a certain Jedi Masters from certain Imperial Chefs.[face_laugh]

5. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    I wish I could help you guys out, it sounds a lot better than what I have to do.

-Russ

6. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow! All of you looked great on TV. Good showing of teamwork and dedication. Hope you guys didn't get too wet.

7. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003

Wet? What, did it rain?[face_laugh]

It was great fun, we all had a great time, although we were all ready to collapse by the end.

And, THANK YOU BILL, for being a spotter. You were beyond help, you were a necessity.

8. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Since Bill has yet to actually become a poster, Ill message for him...

Bill had a great time walking in the parade and we both loved meeting DST members. He got loads of good pictures. We went for cocktails after the parade and he was showing them off (In particular, one of Darth Vader holding a baby was a big hit). DST and 501st were a favorite in the parade, great job guys!

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Lots of fun, but I want to see it!

Ayn, I'll let you know the next time Chewbacca makes an appearance.

-Kyle

10. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Got your mail, Bill should have time to get in done in the next day or so. Ill have him email you and let you know when.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.