main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stars in the Darkness - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    TITLE: Stars in the Darkness - Sequel to "First Knight"
    BY: Arwyn Whitesun
    SUMMARY: Two years have passed since the events of "First Knight" and, as old friends meet and new friends and enemies are made, events within the Republic threaten the lives and futures of all.
    RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: The Great Flanneled One created Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda, et al. The rest belong to me. Definitely not making any money on this fic, but feedback can and will be accepted in lieu of payment. :)

NOTE: As mentioned in the title, this fic is a sequel to a fic I wrote called "First Knight." If you are interested in reading that fic, you can either link to it at First Knight or at First Knight

For those who do not wish to read the entire story, but would like to know what happened, the following synopsis is provided.

SYNOPSIS OF EVENTS FROM "FIRST KNIGHT": When Obi-Wan Kenobi and his teen-aged apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, are sent to Ahjane to negotiate a peace accord between warring provinces, as a condition of the accord, a marriage is arranged between Onara, the only child of Dynast K'lia, leader of one province, and Dynast Edress, the leader of the other.

A much older man, Edress is only interested in marrying Onara for her dowry. Meanwhile, as part of an ancient and time-honored ritual, Obi-Wan is asked to bless the marriage of Onara and Edress by spending the night with her. Reluctantly, the Jedi Knight agrees to do so, but as a result, falls in love with Onara.

Unbeknownst to Onara or Obi-Wan, however, Onara's grandmother, the formidable and ambitious Lady Tsara, who longs to have a heir for her province who would possess the power of a Jedi, sees that Onara becomes pregnant from the ritual by ensuring she does not receive the prescribed conception inhibitor. As a result, Onara falls deathly ill from the high midi-chlorian count of the child she carries.

Obi-Wan, learning of Onara's illness, goes on a desperate, and nearly hopeless quest to find an insane, ex-Jedi Healer named Sinja-Bau. Meanwhile, Lady Tsara, who has been banished for her schemes, is visited by Count Dooku at the behest of Lord Sidious. Although he does not participate actively in her plans to get her hands on her grandson, named Ben Gavon Kenobi, he does give her some assistance. Tsara has Onara's husband, Edress, murdered and puts in his place a man who is more than willing to do her bidding.

As Obi-Wan travels far beyond the borders of the Republic to the distant ice planet of Toola to find Sinja-Bau, Lady Tsara hires a cadre of merciless, trained assassins called the Red Tide to kill her son, Dynast K'lia and kidnap her grandson, Onara and Obi-Wan's child, Ben. Obi-Wan, meanwhile, finds Sinja-Bau and, although still gripped by her madness, agrees to come with him and try to cure Onara, who is rapidly slipping away.

The Red Tide attacks Dynast K'lia's manor, killing him and a Jedi Healer by the name of Master Eo, Sinja-Bau's former apprentice, who was helping Anakin guard Onara and Ben. Anakin succeeds in defeating most of the Red Tide, but Tsara is able to escape with the baby. Anakin pursues her and, when Tsara tries to kill him, he kills her instead, rescuing Ben, who is unharmed in the process.

Obi-Wan arrives with Sinja-Bau and she, upon looking upon the dead body of her former apprentice is cured of her madness by the Force and is also given back her power to access the Force, it having been stripped from her by the Jedi Council before she was expelled from the Order. She then successfully cures Onara of her illness. But, the reunion between Onara and Obi-Wan is brief and bittersweet.

He and Anakin are summoned to Coruscant, where Obi-Wan is reprimanded for his behavior by the Jedi Council. He is sent on retreat, to a Jedi Chapterhouse on the distant water world of Bestine, where he is instructed to find his way back to the Jedi path. Anakin is given, temporarily, to another master

2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, the sequel's here! :D :D :D :D

I was SO happy to see this, and it's better than I imagined! :) Great start, Arwyn! :)
    ~*Monica*~

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Love it so far! :D

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe that was a lovely first post! :)

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Of course, you just HAD to start this, almost exactly when I started my new fic - so I'm going to be torn between writing - and dashing over here to watch for the latest post from you.

But I can't help but be glad to see it. This is a truly lovely story - with hero and heroine guaranteed to resteal our hearts - so how can we resist?

More soon would be lovely.

CYN

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WAHOOO!!!!

ITS HERE!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!

**calms herself down**

Whew!! Sorry about that..

But a great post Arwyn...I really can't wait to read more...

PT

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    YAY!!

The sequel, the sequel!!

*does a happy dance*

OK, I'm done now! :D

Great start, Arwyn, of course. I absolutely love little Ben, he's adorable!!!

I hope Obi-Wan gets to meet him soon, and gets to meet up with Onara, too!

:)

8. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Joins everyone else in the dancing, applause and cheers to see the sequel is finally started and it's just perfect, wonderful, really Arwyn. I can't wait to see what journey you're going to take us all on!

9. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    You started...Yahooo. ok i am done

Ben, wow what a little trouble maker, him and Anakin would get along great. I can't wait for the next post.

what more to say then, its started. its started, praise the Force its started.

Yoda

10. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Cheers! Arwyn! I'm lifting a glass of bubbly in honor of christening your splendid premiere post.

Onara's not the only one nervous about her running into Obi-Wan on Coruscant. I've got butterflies myself considering the circumstances that two years have passed with only a few letters exchanged between them.

It's truly sad that Ben has grown by leaps and bounds without the presence of his father. I wonder how much the six month retreat on a dreary water planet affected Obi's perspective on love and duty.

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    FINALLY FIANLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    I'VE WAITED SO LONG!!!(FANTS)

12. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Excellent! :)

Settles down and gets comfortable for the journey ahead.

Sabe126

13. Natira_Megnan

Natira_Megnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    YAY! We have the sequel! Finally! :D [face_love]

I have to read and write very quickly before my internet connection shuts down again! (It last about 10 minutes, or so and won't work anymore. :_( )

Litle Ben is just so sweet! [face_love]

14. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Oh, and the sequel is here! :) Very sweet first post, Ben was so cute!

So Onara is going to Corusant? Interesting.

Great post, Arwyn.

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Arwyn,

Since Sugar_Bear has already started the party by cracking open the champagne, allow me to add to it by opening the first box of the finest Belgian chocolates. A great start to what I'm sure is going to be your best work yet. The groundwork is laid for an explosive first meeting between Obi-Wan and Onara - no child and no husband in sight. Can't wait to see it.

More soon right? :)

Shaindl

16. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I join everyone in the celebraton.

Yes it's here, the sequel arrived! :D

Little Ben is as adorable as always.

Can't wait four our lovers to be rerunited. :)

17. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Wow! Thanks everyone! :D I'm totally overwhelmed by your replies to my first post for Stars in the Darkness. Please forgive me for not responding individually to each of you, but I just got out of a very long, very boring, very tiresome staff meeting at work and I am so terribly tired mentally that I plan on just vegging out in front of the TV, in that my brain refuses to function. But, your wonderful and enthusiastic replies have got me so pumped for this fic! :D

I hope to have the next post up soon, but I'm so thrilled to see that you are all as excited about it as I am. I have lots planned for our lovely heroine and handsome hero and their little tot, and Anakin and Padme too. I will say that my plans for this fic are huge! Almost epic. Well, maybe not epic, but I hope it will be fun to read. :) Again, thank you so much! I needed to see this after the awful day I had today. :D

18. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    *wags finger at fic* What are you doing so far down.

Up i say Up.

19. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Yea!!!

Arwen, I read First Knight over at ff.n and I loved it! I'm so glad there is a sequel.

*shifts eyes conspiratorily* I'm gonna stick around here to read Stars, though. There's no food and champagne at that 'other' website. :p

inez

20. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I've never read First Knight yet... [face_blush] but I'll get to it eventually.

however, the synopsis for the fic was very helpful- and the first post was positively amazing!

Little Ben was so sweet! :)

Can't wait for more, Arwyn!

21. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Up!

Sabe126

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Great post, Arwyn. I liked that part about Ben wandering off. He's so adorable and cute. :)

Aunecah

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Up! Up! Up! Up!

Sabe126

24. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks for the up, guys and hi to all! :) Again, apolgies for not responding individually. Working like all heck to get the next post done, but probably won't be up until tomorrow. Yesterday really threw me for a loop, trying to get back onto my regular writing schedule, and on top of that having car trouble today, I could just tear my hair out from all this Darth Real Life stuff. :mad: Grrrrr!

Again, thanks so much for your interest in the sequel. I truly do appreciate it. I promise I will have a post up tomorrow and, barring any more unforseen visits from DRL, should be back to posting at least every other day. I hope! *crossing fingers* In next post, we'll check in and see how Obi-Wan has been doing now that two years have passed since he last saw Onara and his son.

25. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, it's here.

I've been lurking on your threads, and I had to delurk to tell you how much I've been enjoying them.

Thanks for the great reads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.