main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Starships/Vehicles/Tech of the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Dec 22, 2015.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Please note, we have forum rules against using the term "Mary Sue" in the context of discussions about Rey and other characters.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I always thought it was controlled from the left hand console to the Pilot's seat.

[​IMG]

Strongbow The Falcon still has it's new dish though???

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Han presses a button and moves on to do something else, probably switches it on and it automatically locates targets. The first ever smart weapon?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Latest spot shows it gets shot off again. When it blasts out of Crait, it's missing its antenna again! Once is an accident. Twice begins looking like carelessness!

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  5. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Look at all those beautiful knobs lining the panels there. *Sheds a tear*.

Strongbow likes this.
  6. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    *Nien Nunb laugh*

Darth Smurf and Strongbow like this.
  7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Still costs MONEY.

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Shouldn’t the central government for an entire galaxy have more funds than one military organization?

9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The Central Government for the entire Galaxy wasn't opening supporting the Resistance... and then we saw they were completely destroyed.

ZY-Fighter and dekaneas like this.
  10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe it will get a polyhedronal radome, like what a Star Destroyer has, when Kylo paints his Falcon black.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It is funny how there is always an excuse to recilcle old (OT) designs. If we look at the FO, their main ships are still the classic TIEs, with a changed color scheme. Not even the TIE Interceptors are used. With TLJ, it seems the TIE Bombers will return with the same changes as the standard TIEs, an inverted color scheme. Instead of using an updated TIE Advanced as the flagship TIE of the villain, we have a mix of the TIE Advanced with the TIE Interceptor, the TIE Silencer. Which is a great design IMO. And still uses the classic imperial color scheme.

With the Resistance, we not only have the heroes faction using the very same logo as the Rebels, they use their most iconic ship, the X-Wing, with a few changes (positive changes, I have to say), now the A-Wing, with similar changes (again, positive ones), and it seems the big change will be the entirely new bombers (which look like a mini sized version of the OT rebel cruisers).

TLJ uses the old rebel base on crait as an excuse to bring back the B-Wings, which do not seem operative enough to work as starships but can work inside Crait's atmosphere, and the old T-65 X-Wing, to complete the nostalgia fest.

Snafu55 likes this.
  12. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015

You must be fun at parties

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

The TIEs may look the same but is it the same under the hood?

The old designs like the A-Wing, B-Wing and TIE Bomber only appeared briefly, unlike the trusted X-Wings.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    There are no B-Wings in TLJ from what we've seen.

15. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

The Ski Speeders are not B-wings. They have a similar asymmetric configuration, but that are much small, and the details are all different. Also, where are you seeing old T-65's? Not that I think it wouldn't be plausible to see them, but I haven;t yet, unless I missed something.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    As Strongbow pointed out the Ski-speeders are not B-wings, not even that similar. As for the T-65s and real B-Wings, they have both been seen on posters and toy box art. It really looks like these older ships could make an appearance in a sequence that has not even been hinted at so far.

17. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

I had seen the Y's and B's... I missed the T-65's. But I could definitely see those old ships getting dusted off for use by the Resistance... at least in the short term.

Maybe Crait has a cache of old Rebellion supplies and equipment?

Alien Vanguard and dekaneas like this.
  18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    All those BTS pics of Crait showed just soldiers and command staff but no pilots. There are at least seven ski-speeders and we know that two of the drivers are not trained fighter pilots. For such a risky mission you would surely put the most capable personnel in the 'driving seat'? I'm guessing that Poe sent all the surviving pilots off with Holdo to find some ships to fly.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The way I understood it was that the gun turrets were aligned differently by gravity or something and trying to go from turret to ladder to another turret during a battle would have been bad for Finn's health.

The Rebellion turned into the Republic and turned into the Resistance. The X-Wing is a proven winner. Why would they change to another ship?
    With the Republic gone now, I can see Leia, Poe, Ackbar, etc. trying to find new ships to bring in and allowing for a variety but have to wait and see.

Strongbow likes this.
  20. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

I'm all for some new spice.... But in I hope we always have room for some version of the X! It'd be like having the Enterprise not having a saucer and nacelles to not have an X!

21. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

You might be right.... just trying to bring in what we know about Crait.... and if they DO have all those old ships, I'd love to know where they dusted them off. :)

22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    A few semi-retired MC80s sitting in an orbital graveyard could supply dozens of fighters in their hangar bays. Likewise there may be local militia on the outlying planets using older machines. Holdo sends out a signal and they all come running and with Hyperspace she should be able to gather a reasonable Fleet quickly.

[​IMG]

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    CrazyOldJedi Like a canon version of "Another Chance" and its support ships.

24. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Yep, but not quite as complicated as that story. It seems silly to assume that all the N.R. Fleet and fighters, etc. were destroyed by the SKB. There would be other ships scattered throughout the GFFA and reserve/mothballed vessels;

[​IMG]

Senator Wan and ZY-Fighter like this.
  25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    All the ships that got sold off to planetary defense forces, mothballed for an emergency, and decommissioned by Mon Mothma's worst idea... the military disarmament act.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.