main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Starstruck Convention, Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    What: StarStruck Convention
    (similar to our own little Sac Con, but bigger, with more Trek influence)

When: July 9, noon-9pm

Where: Scottish Rite Temple

Cost: $10 at the door

Fun Stuff:
    Costume contest, Warp 11 will perform, Hal Wamsley (Jawa in SW: ANH?), 501st, and much more!

http://www.starstruckcon.com/

2. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
  3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    ...Warp 11?

SOLD!

-TJ

4. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Sounds cool

I saw the jawa guy in a documentary called Starwoids and he's quite a character - no pun intended. His theme song is "I Shot R2D2" sung to the tune of 'I Shot the Sherif"f.

5. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    What did Spock find in the toilet?

---- Captain's Log. [face_laugh]

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I thought it sounded like fun. We could balance out the Trekkies with all our Jedi influence.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    What does Star Trek amd toilet paper have in common?

They both cirlc your anus (urinaus) looking for klingons ;) heh heh heh

8. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    LDV,

You know I love you like my 26th cousin's step-brother on his mother's side, but sheesh--I think your last post violated something like 14 Federal statutes. You're lucky I don't swear out a warrant! :D

/wonders what the SENTENCING guidelines are for killing one's GRAMMAR :cool:
    /tries to dodge as LDV attempts an E-Force Choke--almost makes it, but still ends up with an Atomic Wedgie. Ow!

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I take it you're a coughtrekkiecough right? If so ummmm squat and pucker - in otherwords - kiss my arse!

Sith's Rule, Klingons drool

10. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Remember kids...

If it's supposed to be a contraction, it's just i-t-s,
    but if it's supposed to be possessive then it's i-t-apostrophe-s.
    Scalliwag.

11. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Ah come on Trekkies are people too.

I like Trek, well....not Voyager but most other Trek adventures are decent entertainment.

I like SW, Trek, X-files, Firefly, all that stuff...which since I'm the chosen one goes with the job.

TJ likes Warp 11?

Want an autograph TJ? I helped get Warp 11 on KDVS's live show last year and thier Manager contacts me from time to time so I'm sure I can put in a request for ya.

Back in the day I had discussed with him the possiblity of Rogue Force Productions making them a music video, to which he was considering (I think) pending our completed fanfilm as our resume....someday I hope to be able to do that.

12. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    "throwing my 2 food stamps in" captain kirk is a pimp i love the old star trek as corny as it was it is still great i like battlestar galactica for the same reason i mean the old b.g not the new one on sci fi

13. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    For you Trekkers out there, here's something I've hung onto for years:

Reasons why Kirk is better than Picard :cool:

/actually thought Picard was the better Cap'n, by far, but Kirk was still lots of fun too

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [shudder]

can we move past the "trekkie" stuff now please? ;) J/K.

Dead, have you been monitoring galactic enemy number one this week to see if he had any remarks about the more than normal amount of email he has been getting? I betcha his reaction to all the email is not "wow, I have really pissed off some Star Wars people" but rather "wow, this many people have actually read me and the SF Gate?"

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    devin just wanted to touch base with you on the lightsaber you was going to buiild for me and the vader decal for my back window. there is no rush just wanted to touch base with you

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I've kept my eye out but so far nothing. either it'll go unmentioned (out of fear or just being ignored) or he will write a piece about all the e-mails (which was either the plan or a way to cover his butt)

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Thought I'd up this thread in case anyone forgot about this convention

18. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Is the SVRF going to have an official presence at this event and if so do i need to get the banner image to ldv soon?

19. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i will be at this event {note to self trekkies are people to} all i know is captain kirk is a pimp but nothing compares to the sith and i mean nothing walks along side yoda pimp smacks him tells him go get my dinner you little green pest[face_laugh]

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    We have to contact the people promoting the show and see if we can come up with a table, to use the banner. We need to find out how much it will cost us as well. And remember, we will be walking into hostile territory here, so be prepared.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *grumbles*
    Hmmm...I may actually miss this one. I think I have dinner plans with a couple of my roomies that Saturday. I can't believe I forgot about this!

We'll see how it all goes. If I can go..I'll go...if not...I'm there in spirit. Seriously, that paper that just blew off the table? Yeah, that was me! ;)

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I say we just show up in SW gear, not worry about the table (time is too short for this one) and have fun.

Who knows, maybe we'll make some new friends, convert a couple of people to the Force. OR just start a huge gang war where we'll all make little "J" gang hand signs at each other and worry about a drive phaser blast.

No worries, either way you'll have Deadpool on your side...or at least as cannon fodder.

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, and Rogue Leader will be there as well. We Jedi/Sith Rogues stick together. ;)

24. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Oh, I don't know if I'll be there. I'm trying to get my film going, hopefuly by then we have started shooting.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    gee ... why am I not surprised?

I agree with Dead, on this one let's just invade in costume and flyers in hand. That way, I can speak with the promoters about getting a table for the next Sac Con, and by then, maybe we can get the banner, and then the Pic with a Jedi Booth set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.