main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Starstruck Convention, Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    *shakes Magic Mr T 8 Ball.

Mr T sez: "I pity da fool that don't hang out with Deadpool"

I love you Mr T

2. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Ill be there around 1 myself.... I went ahead and put up the new site because i saw that we were doing flyers..still have to finish everyone's bios and i missed the wondercon past event

3. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Welll in summary....CONVENTION SUCKED!! MEETING WAS GOOD!!

SMS and Myself were the only two suckers who paid the 10.00 cover, but I got a cople of DVD's I was looking for so it's not a total loss.

Bounced over to TRU and then off to Mel's for a bite and meeting, lots of good
    ideas to take the Rogues in new and thrilling directions.

I LOVE the idea of turning FBL:V into a mockumentary, and honestly I'm DOWN with it 100%...I'd love to play a parody of myself as long as everyone can handle it as well. (handle themselves being laughed at...not my acting skills)

4. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    ok i agree meeting was great the whole convention sucked more butt then outrider's mom at christmas time.

and i would like to say i am going to write a short story about darth vader and emperor about what i was saying to devin and bith and deadpool it shouldnt be to long but i will write it and hopefully it wont suck like outerider's mom when she is short on rent[face_laugh] devin dont[face_beatup] ouch you didnt have to do that;)

5. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    outrider i am sorry about saying that i wish i could do something to make it up to you ..... i know why dont you come to the first ever S.V.R.F paintball game and i will buy you a coke or something

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    A very good meeting. I would like to thank Rogue 2 for running interference at the event, so I didn't waste $10.

Hope everyone liked their sabers. Bith, your ideas for the site are awesome... thank you. Sorry I missed your calls Tionne. There is always next Wednesday. ;) A lot was discussed about upcoming events and ways to make money to support us.

[image=http://swanb.net/SVRF/old_site/passed_events/svrf7_9.jpg]

The gang!!

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a few ideas for some SW short Stories that I can work on.

SMS that was a sweet gesture for you ill words about Outriders mom, we all slip up from time to time in our picking on each other. I'll buy Outrider an ice cream sandwhich to match your soda offer.

Good ideas are in motion for the Rogues...can't wait

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    This paintball challenge will be a challenge long remembered. ;)

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Had a great time hanging out with you guys and gal Sat and I agree with LDV from the other post that we can really take things to the next level.

Everything we talked about sounded cool and Im also 100% up for the mockumentary.

Future looks bright indeed.

Cue Yub Yub song

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey Bith, hope your party was a huge success. I know you are pressed for time at the moment, so when you get a chance, could you burn the images on a CD? You and your wife are coming to the movie Wednesday, right? I figured I would get the images from you that night so I can get started on the banner.

BTW - Bith, check your PMs for the Light Sabers Link ;)

11. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Not a problem. Ill see you then :)

12. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    It was good to see all of you again that showed up to the meeting.

LDV, you are very organized which is good for us. Love...Love the Light Saber! Thanks again for all your time and energy.

DP, thanks for the moive hook-ups!

BL, sorry for not making it to your party. I was cashed out at 10:00PM. I know lame for a weekend. But for sure next time!

SMS, good chat. I'm still thinking about the paint ball.

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    WOW! another "official" meeting. I am so proud of you guys!

I can't wait for August when I return "home". My real home...the place I feel like I belong, with the Rogues. :)

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yep, the emeetings are getting better and better now!

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    well guys and lady i wont be making it to the movie wednesday i forgot it is my anniversary i thought thursday was the 13th well just wanted to let you know thanks for the ticket dead maybe next time sorry.i still have those copy's for whoever wants it from the meeting :oops:

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Dang you almost got into hot water.

No troubles give the pass away if you can.

17. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, at least you remembered before the actual date..that's gotta count for something..right?

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Dude, you just missed having your arse handed to you by your wife! Or a baseball bat up against the head. ;)

19. frellingbored

frellingbored Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    Did any one from this group show up to the July 9 convention? I don't recall seeing a single person in Star Wars costume or recgonizing any 501st or Rebel Legion people I've met before that day. I was really hoping you guys would show up.... I even had a free fan table set aside for the Star Wars clubs (it was listed on the Star Struck site and I informed I thik Tionne or someone on this group about it along time ago), but no one showed up to man it... heck, I didn't even see anyone handing out Rougue Force/501st flyers or any flyers for you guys on the freebies table... I think you all really missed a great opportunity and a lot of fun! It wasn't a Trek event... half the items on the charity auction table were Star Wars collectibles, many vendors sold Star Wars items, and the bands and guests were a mixed bag representing a variety of genres.

If you did make it, let me know, I'd love to get some feedback on how we can make it even better next year, thanks! And next year, if you go, point yourself out to me, thanks!

Also, if you'd like to be on our mailing list for future conventions, please email me at frellingbored@yahoo.com or join our list, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fantasticfrontiers

--Stephanie Rector, organizer
    www.starstruckcon.com
    www.fantasticfrontiers.com

20. frellingbored

frellingbored Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    OK, somehow I missed these couple posts in the middle when I skimmed this thread and wrote my question at the bottom about who attended...

So two in this group attended... and thought it sucked apparently. I'm sorry about that! Can you tell me, constructively, why you didn't like it? What can we do next year to make it better, make it more worth your $10 (which isn't a lot of money, relatively... about the same much as a movie, as a local concert cover charge, and a lot less than most conventions). I know it wasn't a perfect convention, it was our very first attempt and admittedly we're amateurs (but the point was for it to be a fan-run con, not a Creation-type con), so any realistic suggestions on what we can do next year to improvement and make it non-sucky would be appreciated, thanks!

Also, what events did you attend while there? Did you attend the Heinlein panel? The costume contest? The auction? The evening concert? People who attended those events seemed to really enjoy the convention overall. (Everyone who showed up in costume received a prize!) What events did you like and dislike and why?

We probably won't be able to lower the price any less than $10 next year because of the expense of it all (and next year to do things "right" will cost us even more) -- (we're not doing this for profit... we barely made $250 for our school charity, and $250 for our club account to use for next year's con), but hopefully there are things we can do next year to make the event more fun for Star Wars fans.

And hopefully we'll get more support and assistance from your group to make it your event too! The point of the event was a celebration of local "geek" culture, local sci-fi, horror, fantasy and anime. The focus we want is local sci-fi clubs, local authors, local theme bands, that kinda thing. So having the Rouge Force's support next year would really be great! A good way to show yourselves off!

Thanks,
    Steph, organizer
    www.starstruckcon.com
    www.fantasticfrontiers.com

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I think the idea behind it was great. Normal Convention Stuff, Then Bands at night. Kinda like a mullet hair cut...A convention in the front and party in the back.

For me it was the Price. I had no way to stay for the bands and felt put off by the price to get in and find only about half of the convention room floor filled with vendors and booths (most of the same ones we'd pay 4.00 to see at the Sac Collector Shows)

I'm guessing (or hoping) alot of the vendors and booths showed up later in the day, I would go again to this convention, but only if I can stay for the music or if I can pay less to just get into the convention floor only.

I guess for my money I would have prefered the option to get into just the convention, and perhaps have been offered options for the bands. Felt like I was wasting money buying tix for a concert I'd never see.

I know you guys put alot of work into it and kudos to you guys for pulling off what I never could have done. I was impressed by the effort and bands playing. I hope everything went well and you guys can pull it off again...life is all about trial an error.

I know the 501st and Rebel Legions did not attend, it was just too hot for me to wear a costume that day...But the Rogues are working on plans to be ALOT more active at conventions, so if you guys do hold another I'm sure we'll be there.

I have a new respect for it now having ran my first screening and coming out of it knowing what I could have done better and how much stress it was to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.