main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

start a star wars club

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by durfnadarrls, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durfnadarrls

durfnadarrls Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    I have met alot of people interested in star wars, they are interested in having a club. If any one hears more or is interested please post or email at durfnadar@yahoo.com

2. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    We have a club, the IFSWA, while we are small in numbers, we do still meet weekly and have a great time. Erik is still the President, the club was not disban even though some believe it was, it has been going strong. The members have varied interests and SW brings them together in many ways. I will let Erik know you posted and I bet he'll get with you shortly. As Barry mentioned, there is a costuming group as well, they are the local 501st and the link he gave takes you to their boards.

Hope to meet you soon.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    You guys should activate your boards again...

Let's see some Idaho fandom take off! Heard about the convention coming your way. Some of us may just be coming down for it.

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I think some of us who were part of the club are a little wary of getting into anything too organized or regimented. If you want to get together and have fun, and talk about Star Wars, we might be down. But, the politics, backstabbing, and general unpleasantness that go along with fan clubs aren't looking too attractive right now.

5. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah we disbanded the Boise fan Club because the day to day operations were a little burdensome. then we reformed it with that exact notion, to have fun and do SW related things, and keep the other things simple. It has been an outstanding success, we have more people and do alot more activites.

You should give it a second chance, its worth it.

6. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    The odd thing... the OP has never gotten back to us, so if there are a ton of folks in the area that really want to get together, they kinda need to let us know. We are having lots of fun just hanging out and the more, the merrier.

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    So have you guys started the bandwagon up officially again yet?
    Oscar- sorry that our club wasn't involved with the fan film...it sounded way cool. I think you caught a lot of us at a busy time. I hope that it turns out alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.