main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Start Chattanooga chapter?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Southernjedi, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    What's going on Chattanooga?

2. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Hey guys,

Sorry I've been absent. I tied the knot recently and work is a ****..... If you still want to form a chapter, post here and I'll be checking the board. We'll set something up, and may the Force be with us.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    As always, if any of you have any questions, please contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. I'm here to help. :)

4. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    I'm still interested, though I'll only be around for about a year before I head off to likely join the KnoX-Wings. Contact me at jhneely@mccallie.org or Vast@fanforce.net if I can help.

5. Rogue_Princess

Rogue_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    oo oo ::jumps around:: i'm interested!

6. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Vast, Rogue: That's great! Vast, I emailed you at the mccallie address. Anything you two can do is wonderful.

Minacia: Good to talk to you again. I'm slowlly edging back into the JC after a leave of absence. The past few months have been pretty bad but is looking up.

7. Rogue_Princess

Rogue_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    e-mail me as well, Rachewha@gps.edu if theres anything i can do

8. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I knew it. Things are picking up in Chattanooga. Keep us posted folks! :D

9. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    I'll be back in Chattanooga on August the 18th, at which point I'll distribute some recruitment fliers in the Star Wars books at McKay's.
    I might also post some larger fliers at the Panera Bread places.

Any suggestions for the fliers? Do we want to include a link to this forum, or do we want to create an MSN Group? (subliminal message: create an msn group)

If we created an MSN group, it would be easier for people to memorize the URL (http://groups.msn.com/ChattanoogaFanForce) than it would be for this forum. (http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=#####) Plus we could do things like upload pics (member photos, pics of meetings) and documents (fliers, chapter mission statement, etc.).

Also, we should start thinking about some things if we're going to be serious about creating a chapter. For example, do we want to charge monthly/bi-monthly/yearly membership dues so we can have a budget? (i.e. pizza, events, maybe an actual website)

Anyways, I'll check these boards again soon.

10. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Is Southernjedi still posting?

Keep us posted guys.

11. Vast

Vast Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    I sent him an e-mail asking him if he was too busy to head up the effort to create a FanForce chapter a while back, still no reply though. I get back to Chattanooga on the 18th, so hopefully I can start getting some things done then. If Southern Jedi posts before then saying that he's still around and in charge, that's great. But otherwise, unless people have a big problem with it, I'm going to go ahead and start making plans as to what we should do.

All hail Chancellor Vast! ;-)

12. LadyJadeSky

LadyJadeSky Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    Hello, I just returned from Dragon*Con where I learned about this. I would be interested in a Chatt-town chapter. I have liked Star Wars since I was about six, and I became a diehard fan when I was about twelve. I recently drifted away to the LotR fandom and put SW on the backburner, but I want to change that.
    MaraJade

13. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    when originally asked about this i declined (cuz i knew it'd be difficult to balance my workload last year)

i think (stress the word "think") i would be able to get involved in it now, though, if there's still an interest in getting one started. (i'm actually up in cleveland, but it's not too far to travel...)
    lemme know if things develop.
    rhayan431@msn.com
    or pm me, as i'm on nearly every day. :D

14. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    How's it going? Ya'know... I've been reading www.theforce.net for a few years now and recently started reading the forums. I was VERY surprised to find this forum and hear talk of starting a SW chapter in Chattanooga. I'm down in Ringgold, GA (well... technically Ringgold, but more like Ft. O). Anyway, count me in whenever something gets organized.

Several years ago (hmmm. come to think of it, it was more like 10 years ago, a friend of mine started a sci-fi club that met at the library (after hours) and it worked for several months, but I think the problem was not really putting the word out to attract new people. It was fun, though. Anyway, how about it?

Oh... did I mention my son's name is Anakin? Jordan Anakin, but he actually goes by Anakin. He's 3 1/2 and the only comments I ever get is "Oh... that's pretty". I'm just waiting for the day when I have to go to his school because he "force choked" a kid.

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hellooooooo.... Anybody home? Is there anyone interested in a Chattanooga chapter? I suppose if enough people are interested, then I'm sure we could get something going. There HAS to be enough fans in the area to have our own little group. Atlanta, Knoxville and Nashville are only a couple hours away and they have some great shows there, so there's plenty of opportunities for us to go on some "field trips" along with some stuff around here.

So... who might be interested in getting something going? Post here or write me at jhickey@pmirope.com and we'll see what we need to do to get going.

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I'm going to keep posting until we get a chapter, so you all might as well give in and start discussing where we'll have the first meeting. I motion that Chuck-E-Cheese is OUT.

17. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    as i said, i'd be interested.

except i'm now transferring up to kentucky for school so during the school i can't.

during the summer and Christmas, i'd love to.

chuck-e-cheese is definitely out. :p

oh and as mentioned befoe, i live in hixson, so a liiiiitle bit of compromise as per distance would be fabulous. :) such as, hamilton place area would be fine, downtown is a bit far (but i suppose i could manage,)

18. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Great Jedi Sha! I have no problem with somwhere around Hamilton Place. That would be a nice central area until we can start meeting at someone's house. We'll narrow it down once we get a few more people on board.

Allright! Who else? :)

19. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    i KNOW there are more chatt fans cuz my borther used to play an sw rpg with guys from work....

20. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yo! I'm up for a chapter here as well. From the looks of it, there are more than enough people wanting to start it.

21. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    YES! that makes three!

which area are you from loyaljedi? (and do you have a nickname?)

22. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Excellent LoyalJedi! I saw where you were interested before. I guess everything just died down.

I sent e-mails to SouthernJedi (no respose yet) and I just sent one to "Vast" to see if either of them want to take the lead in this since they seemed like they were willing. If we don't hear back in a few days, I guess we'll just go from there. Any idea on what and where the first meeting should be?

23. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I just remembered that Chattacon is in a couple of weeks. To be honest, I haven't been to one in a loooong time. I looked at the guest list and I'm sorry to say I didn't recognize any of them. (ashamed). Still, if everyone thinks this might be a good kick off to our new Chapter, then maybe we can organize a meeting place and go together. It might also be a good place to recruit if there's a Star Wars discussion/panel/activity/etc... What do you think? Anyone planning to go or went last year? I've been to Dragon-Con several times, but not Chattacon, so I really don't know how it is (and I really don't want to pay $50 to get into a micro-Con). Any thoughts/ideas?

24. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    i've never been to one. so i can't say. it does sound like a good idea though, buuuut... i'm heading up to college next week. so i'll be five hours away at the time of chattacon sadly.

25. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    No problem. If a few others want to go, I'll make a point of going to Chattacon. If not, we'll schedule something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.