Start Chattanooga chapter?

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by Southernjedi, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm totally up for going. I moved out here last year after it was over, so I'm totally into going this year. As far as what part I'm from, I hail from the Soddy Daisy/Hixson part of town.
  2. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sweet. that's where i'm from. right at the edge of hixson and soddy. i'm in hixson though.
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm down in Ft.O, but usually make it to somewhere around Hamilton Place every weekend... occasionally Hixson.

OK, if we could get someone else to go to Chattacon, we'll have our first official meeting there. I haven't heard from any of the other ones who showed an interest in the past, so they either changed e-mail addresses or they aren't interested right now or the SPAM catcher tossed my e-mails.
  4. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm totally up for it. I wanted to go last year, like I said, but I missed out. I think, either way, I'll be there.
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK, I'm thinking about going to Chattacon. If you happen to know what the 1-day passes are, that would probably help decide it for some. I'll go for sure if one more goes (to make this the first meeting), otherwise, does anyone have a suggestion for a good time and place?
  6. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just checking in. I haven't heard of anyone else going to Chattacon besides LoyalJedi. If you plan to go, please let us know as we'll make that our first official meeting.

If no one else is going, then we should probably decide another place and time. Any suggestions? I've heard that those coffee shops inside the bookstores have been used for meetings, but I'm open to anything. The first meeting would probably just be a short "get to know each other a little" thing. See what we all look like and get some personality behind all these words. LOL.

In future meetings, who knows? I have a bunch of Star Wars themed board games that no one in my familiy appreciates (and they refuse to play S.W. Trival Pursuit - gee... wonder why?). BTW, I looked at a few questions... Man! Those are hard. I love the movies, but I can't recite word for word! I have a hard enough time remembering the color of our carpet. As far as I know, what happenes at the meetings is up to us. If we had a laser tag place, that would be a great place to go. Anyway, let me know what you think and if there's a certain day of the week that would work best for you. We'll get this thing off the ground yet! Take care.
  7. Vast Jedi Padawan

Hey guys! Good to see some activity on these boards. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I don't come to the Force.Net as much, and hardly ever read through e-mails to my Vast@fanforce.net account since so much of it is spam.

I'm still interested in starting up a Chattanooga chapter, even taking the lead if everyone's okay with that. I go to McCallie and only have less than a semester left, but I think I could get us off to a good start.

My suggestion for a meeting would be Hamilton Place Mall. There are several places to sit around the mall, there's a store called Gameboard that has tons of RPG stuff, including Star Wars d20, Waldenbooks is there and it has most of the novels and a bunch of the comics too, and there's also a good selection of food if we get hungry.

Post a reply if this works for you or if you'd rather meet somewhere else, and also post when you could/couldn't meet for the next two to three weeks as best you can. That way we can have a better idea of the best option for everyone and try to find a time when we're not all so busy.

Someone send me an e-mail at jhneely@mccallie.org if I haven't checked back here in a couple of days.
  8. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Vast: Sounds good to me. I would imagine any weekend afternoon would be good for most people, but I don't want to assume too much.
    Looks like we're that much closer!
  9. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i wanna come!!!! :_|

but i'm five hours away right now and i can't!

geez, when i come home, we ARE meeting at a time and place i can make. you'll just have to deal with it. :p
  10. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hamilton place sounds good. A really good sitdown place would be Barnes and Noble, too. They have actual tables and stuff to sit at. But HP is a definite, especially with Gameboard and all the stores in there.
  11. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey LoyalJedi, did you get to go to Chattacon? How was it? I'm trying to figure out how many days I'll get to go to DragonCon this year. If I can swing a weekend, I need to get the money in for the cheaper rate. Anyway, I imagine if we're still around next year, we'll all be attending Chattacon.
  12. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When was it? Aww crap! I can't believe I missed it...dangit dangit dangit!!! AUGGHHHHH!!!
  13. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yeah, Chattacon was the 23rd-25th. Maybe next year, eh? Or DragonCon later this year...
  14. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's what i'm thinking. Dragoncon is a definite must.
  15. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    It looks as if there is enough interest here for you guys to try to start an official FanForce chapter for Chattanooga. :)

All you need to do is have three ANNOUNCED meetings with three people (from separate households) present at each of those meetings. To have the meetings announced on the FanForce website, all you have to do is send me the meeting information.

If y'all are interested in getting the ball rolling here, let me know and I can give you more information. I can be reached via private message or at minacia@fanforce.net.

I am the Regional Support Admin for the Southeast, as well as the Chapter Rep for Atlanta, so I sorta know what I'm doing. ;)

Dragon*Con is a blast, and there are always plenty of FanForce folks there. I hope that some of you will be able to make the trip down. :D
  16. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's the official website for dragoncon? I'm looking for the details and stuff...
  17. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    DragonCon is September 3-6 this year. Their website is www.dragoncon.com. I'm not a regular, but I've been to 5 of the last 10 and plan on going this year (although I don't know who'll be there yet).
  18. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK, I contacted Minacia Brightstar and got some details. I also wrote Vast to see if we can get everyone on board. I think we should at least set up the first meeting so we can be on our way to becoming established. We'll give it a couple days to see if Vast checks in and we'll go from there.

How's everyone's schedule for this weekend?
  19. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well... I just got a note from Vast saying he is unable to be part of the Chapter (he says his situation has changed quite a bit from the last time he posted). He wishes us the best of luck.

SO... do we have enough to have a meeting this weekend sometime? Who's in?

Let me know if you can make it to Hamilton Place mall on Saturday (2/21) @ 1:00. We can meet in front of the Gameboard and go from there. If you can't make it but could make it some other time this weekend, let me know as we just need to get this first meeting out of the way. It seems to be the hardest! Sheesh!
  20. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i was hoping to come home for the weekend.

maybe i'll be able to drop by....
  21. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I work right in the hamilton place area, so that could work.
  22. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great! Now we're rolling! If we could get one more person to go, that would make it official (in case JediSha can't make it). I honeslty don't know anyone else as I didn't grow up here and no one from work would care (although they all know how I feel - LOL!).

Know anyone who might want to tag along? I imagine this won't take long as we're just starting out and have no real "plan" other than to get to know each other a little and put a face to a name. Anyway, see ya Saturday. I'll have a dk blue/white Adidas jacket on.
  23. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah.... chances are i'll not make it.

unless i can get a ride home cause my car is wrecked right now. [face_plain]
  24. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry I missed ya (if you went). I ws at the Gameboard from about 10 minutes 'till 1:00 and messed around for awhile. I didn't know who anyone was and really didn't want to go around asking "Are you LoyalJedi... how about JediSha?". Anyway, maybe we could try again some time. We really need some more support, though. Anyone know anyone who'd like to help start one up? Well... let me know what we should try next.
  25. Jedi_Sha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sorry.
    still stuck in ky. :(

we'll try this summer. or maybe when i have spring break we can try? ?[face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.