Chatt, TN Start Chattanooga chapter?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Southernjedi, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I saw you. Were you the guy standing in front with the drink? I was the guy in the tan fleece thing.
    Dang...next saturday perhaps?
  2. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    *sighs* men... :p

okay, next time say "i'll be wearing the tan jacket" beforehand. okay, and learning real names would be great too. that way we can go up to the guy in the tan jacket and say "are you <insert real name>"

silly boys. :p

and by the way, i'm natalie.
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Silly? Yeah, probably... I'll give you that, but in my defense, I DID say I would be wearing the dk blue/white Adidas jacket. No... I didn't have a drink, so that wasn't me. Shoot. Sure, we could try again next week. I wish we'd have a few more people, though, but oh well. I guess it'll happen in time. See ya next week!
  4. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
  5. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    right..so I think ew should plan another meeting soon, even it's to establish that we are indeed starting a FF here. Here's my schedule: Tues and wednesday I work days till about 1:30 or 2. Then Fri and saturdays I have to be at work between 3:00 and 5:00. Then sunday, it's days again till about 3:00.

So that's mine...what's everyone else's so we can work around eachother's.
  6. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm on the M-F 5:30 - 2:00 deal. I'm really not "free" until much later, though. I suppose I could maybe make arrangements for during the week, but I think the weekends are still my best bet.

I was by myself last time, but I'm pretty sure I won't be hard to miss this time as I'm sure my wife and kids will tag along. Yup... little Anakin will be with me (and I do NOT call him "Annie").

The password is "Yub Yub".

OK, I'm kidding about the password...
  7. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well...interesting turn of events lately. Despite all this craziness going on here, I think we should still attempt to start an FF. I've heard it rumored that a few sites would be willing to take on the FF community, but that's still speculation I think.

What do you think, folks?
  8. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What do you mean? Sounds interesting, but I guess I haven't heard anything so I'm in the dark.
  9. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What the...?!? Not sure what to make of this yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of it. Sounds like things are being shaken up (and not for the best). Let's hope it gets settled before we get too involved.

Yeah, I agree we should continue to try for a chapter here and deal with the mod issue when it comes up. Thanks for the heads up.
  11. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, let's plan a meeting. I'd really like to start this ball a'rollin' and get down to business. Speaking of which, has anyone made plans to go to DragonCon?
  12. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi there! im from the atlanta group although i live here in north ga. its hard for me to make the meetings sometimes down there but i would love to get together with some people from my neck on the universe. name a time and place and id try my best to make it!!
  13. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hi drthmrl! This is great as I was hoping we could have at least one more person for our meetings. Hmmmm.... I think it may be too late for a meet this weekend, but let's go ahead and plan on next weekend.

March 20 @ 12:00 @ The Gameboard inside Hamilton Place Mall.

If everyone's on board, we can discuss how we can identify ourselves (heh).
  14. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    guess what. I MAY BE ABLE TO COME!!!! i'm on spring break right now and i'd love to try to get together. although that's the last full day i'd be home so my parents may want me to themselves... but i'll see. noon would be great. :D
  15. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Whooo Hoooo!

Sounds great! OK, anyone else? Bueler? Bueler?
  16. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I could do that...at last..an official meeting!
  17. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    i checked today. I CAN DO IT!!!
  18. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    bad news on my part. i cant make it that day. i have a previous engagement. :( the 3rd saturday of every month a head down to atlanta. just about any other day would be good for me. sorry about this. :( i usualy have monday and tuesday off from work. it would be great to meet on one of those days. if not for a meeting then maybe to just hang out or something. any takers...
  19. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh and by the way, if you want to email me you can at drthmrl@yahoo.com
  20. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Monday and Thursday are my days off, although hopefully that'll change fairly soon. I'm actually trying to get a job at that Gameboard place...
  21. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    if no one shows up saturday, i WILL track you down and beat your butt before dragging back to hamilton place, okay? :D

:p

i'm excited, since this is the only time i'll be in town for awhile. so y'all have to come!!
  22. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll be there. I have to admit that non-weekends will be tough for me. Not impossible, but... maybe we can work out something for the next one.

BTW, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! You ARE wearing your green today, right?!?
  23. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    well heres the deal. im going down to the atlanta fan club that im a member of. if anyone wants to tag along. im kewl with it. i can transport two other people in my car...
  24. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    That's ok. It sounds like we'll have our 3 we need to make this an offical meeting. Maybe next time we can arrange it more in advance to make sure we cover everyone. I'm really interested to hear what your meetings are like (so we have an idea of what we plan to do). Once we get established, maybe we can take a trek down there and visit the Atlanta one. Kinda like a field trip!
  25. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    sounds good. dont be a stranger though. email me and we can get together sometime. fel me in on how the meeting goes! (-o-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.