main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starting a Fan Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Padawan915, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranic

Ranic Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    I was in Pennsbury until high school, then I went to Holy Ghost in Bensalem

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I just want to stop in to wish you all the best in getting an FF going for Philly. I am trying to keep the York/Lancaster FF floating, I got 2 meeting in and then the rest of those in it resigned. If anyoe knows someone in this area interested, I would love to hear from them. Again, good luck!

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Edited: trolling

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I wish you the best of luck, Philadelphia. You deserve a Fan Force that encompasses ALL of Philadelphia.

I was just in Philadelphia this weekend attending a 501st Garrison Carida event at the Shriner's/Temple Children's Hospital and I must say, Philly has some great Star Wars fans.

Again, I wih all the best for Philadelphia creating a great Fan Force to fill the gap left by POR.

5. RebelGhirl

RebelGhirl Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    Edited: Trolling. Please don't register new usernames for the purpose of trolling this forum.

6. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Mutt and Solo are you in Carida?

7. RebelGhirl

RebelGhirl Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    what's trolling?

8. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    >>> It seems kind of lonely out here in the western suburbs. Mention you like Star Wars and you get strange looks.
    Don't give up hope just because you're an adult now!

There are many of us with a SW interest and families and careers to tend to.
    There's also a lot more than just SW talk that goes on when a bunch of people with a common interest (and geography) get together. :)

Have fun!

9. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    is it like phishing?

10. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    So far it looks like Ranic and Padawan915 are interested in creating PhanPhorcePhilly. Is that correct?
    Anyone else?

11. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    seems that way

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Give them some time, there have to be more people in the Philly area that might be interested in an official FF. They are two thirds of the way and MariahJade2 has expressed interest even if she hasn't said that she would absolutely be in.

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Good Luck with starting a Philly Fanforce.

Back when I was North East RSA it was one of my biggest goals getting the Philly area a Fanforce. Unfortunately it did not happen. The only one posting in the forum was Skidder. It got so lonely I think he started having convos by himself ;) Wow, that was a LONG time ago.

14. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    i told myself my darkest secrets. thanks for remembering - you just made my day.

15. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Good to see Philly back up on the boards!! If you need anything, feel free to give me a holler!!

Your friend from across the river,
    BellaSabrina

HOLLER!!!!!

16. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    There are many of us with a SW interest and families and careers to tend to.
    There's also a lot more than just SW talk that goes on when a bunch of people with a common interest (and geography) get together.

Tell me more about it. :)

17. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    There are several of us around that have kids and careers and we've done (and still do) all sorts of stuff in the area.

I've got a wife, two kids, a fulltime job, a few side gigs and am studying special effects and post production. Maleficant, who posted above, has a child and was extremely active before moving to another region. SithLord1968 has a couple kids too. Even without families, Calixte is (lets just say approximately) my age.

As for activities, we've done some patently SW stuff: Going to see the movie/s, a fanfilm watching night at some one's house, a couple of different fan film shoots here and there, a few SW related road trips to other cities (including Atlanta and NY), and of course a few conventions.

Non SW activities include pub and restarant gatherings, going to non-SW movies, Renasance Fair trips, bowling outings and plenty more.

Have fun!

18. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    well said Nick

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Some FFs are also highly focused on doing charity activities such as toy drives, hospital visits (in or out of costume), and community clean up events.

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    If you guys are interested, I'm working on an event right now for the NJO. I have some kinks to work out and discuss with the group first, then once I have everything set in stone, you're more than welcome to come on out and see for yourself how much fun being in a group can be!

Again, if you need anything, we're here to support and help you!!

21. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Considering I already know Marie how a FF works ;) I think I know a little bit, but thanks for the invite as always. :)

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I didn't say you didn't know how a FF works, Herb.....

when someone offers you help, just say thank you :)

23. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm gracious enough to say thank you. Be being pig-headed is not the impression I wanna give currently. But when sick, emotions always come out wrong. [face_plain]

So, thanks Marie. :)

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    No problem, Herb :)

Are you sick due to ILLNESS or were you out partying again?

25. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm sick due to illness. I haven't gone out partying around Fordham since before Ash Wednesday, since I gave up the party scene for Lent.

Stupid throat/sinus/upper respiratory infection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.