main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starting a monthly Star Wars book club

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wranderous, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Wranderous

Wranderous Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2017
    Hi everyone,
    I’m new to the SW Buffalo forums. I love what the North Ridge does for Buffalo SW fans & charities. So great to have a fan group like this in Buffalo.

I recently got back into SW after a good 10 year hiatus & I’ve been reading all the new SW novels, comic books & watching the Rebels cartoon. Alot of the new SW books & material has been so great & I’ve been wanting to discuss it all with other fellow SW fans that have been keeping up w it as well. None of my friends really follow Star Wars outside of the movies.
    Has anyone else in this Buffalo fan group been keeping up with the new books, comics, & cartoons? If so I’m looking to start a monthly SW book club to discuss it all. Anyone interested in joining something like this? Would love some feedback. If interested please message me or respond. May the Force be with you! -Dennis

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. mJedi775

mJedi775 Jedi Knight star 2

May 18, 2013
    I haven't been religiously following the New Canon books but enjoyed some like Thrawn and New Dawn. Loved the now Legends material. I don't know about every month, but I'd be interested in attending once in awhile...

Wranderous likes this.
  3. Wranderous

Wranderous Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2017
    Thanks for the reply Jedi775! Yes those were some good books, especially Thrawn. It is a little tough to follow all the new novels & comics that come out in the new canon. There is quite a lot. I too love the old Legends stuff, although I did stop around 2001 so idk much of what happens after then.

Ultimately I’d hope to get say 4-5 ppl at least each month to discuss whatever book or comic series agreed upon to review at the meetup. There would be no mandatory attendance each month or anything, just whoever is interested that month & has an hour or two to kill can join in.

I think for the discussions it’d be pretty cool to meet at a local coffee shop, book store or even a pub. So far you’re the only person to respond so let’s see if any others out there follow the new Expanded Universe & want to talk about it. Hope to get some more peeps! Don’t be shy everyone, if you read the current SW books or comics, reply below. Let’s get a fun SW book club going in Buffalo.

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I can't read, I went to UB :confused: