1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Gallery Starting as Star Wars 3D "Artist" - Moldy Crow

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by medusa86, Feb 24, 2014.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. medusa86 Jedi Youngling

Ok. I wasn't sure where to upload this, but I just wanted to show a quick Sneak Peak of my 3D Model of the Moldy Crow and have some of your thoughts on how it should be modified. This is in a very early stage:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now I'm guessing that this should be under "Fan films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3d" but I coulnd't find a single thread to show Work in Process of 3D models...

Ok, Hope you all like it (and that I'm not on the wrong forum :p)
    Last edited by medusa86, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Looks great so far!

(I'm also new here so I have no idea if this is the right forum.)
  3. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Greetings @medusa86. Welcome to Fan Art :)

You are welcome to showcase your modelling skills here, it is another form of sculpturing but through a different medium and carries over the principles. So far it is coming along well. Which program are you using?
  4. medusa86 Jedi Youngling

Thanks!
    @Corellian_Outrider: I'm using Maya 2013 at the moment, and I plan to make some of the details on zBrush.

I'm still trying to get my hand on some good reference materials. Right now, I'm using some screenshots from Jedi Knight but the low resolution of the images makes it hard to reproduce it... and I don't really like the model from the board game :(
  5. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Maya 2013 is the program I use too. I haven't used zBrush yet but I have heard a lot of great things about it in regards to sculpturing.

There are limited amounts of official references for the Moldy Crow, only the small amounts of art from the gallery in Wookieepedia. There seems to be a lot of fan based models that show up in the google searches. A shame they didn't produce a model kit of the craft like they did for the Virago.

I can't think of any modifications for it yet, it is shaping up well. All the best with the project, I am keen to seeing how it develops. :)
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider