main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starting out with lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_KNick, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Even four 1st level soldiers should be getting mopped up in that battle.

I supposed an EL 1 encounter, of course. The Soldiers would be able to overcome it, the Guardians wouldn't stand a chance.

And about the mystery lightsabers... throw them away.

"A Jedi craves not things like money, power or extra lightsabers" -Yoda, "My Wisdom" :p

2. RebelDreamJedi

RebelDreamJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2003
    LOL!!! Yeah, I think I'm going to turn them ove to Master Skywalker. Jedi Master McHenry made fun of me for not having a lightsaber built yet.... so using one i took from someone else (him) would be something he would just love to hear about.

My only worry is that the campaign will be turning into a "Kill the Dark Jedi" versus "Kill the Yuuzhan Vong"... :)

3. Vash_the_Jedi

Vash_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    If you wish to do that starting battle at Geonosis, why don't you have the characters beef up? Make them level 7 Jedi Knights (which is the appropriate level) and maybe a level 4-6 apprentice if they really want to follow someone. You don't have to start them out at level 1 if you want a high powered campaign like that.

On another note. I RPG with Reb, and Reb, you never did take it apart, so how do you know that wouldn't work ;) Your craft Lightsaber would have to be high and actually its not modded, it is the lightsaber that is in the mission at the back of the first edition corebook. It's not a real lightsaber and shorts if touching another.

That is all from the Jedi Councilor with the evil Jedi Master.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If you wish to do that starting battle at Geonosis, why don't you have the characters beef up? Make them level 7 Jedi Knights (which is the appropriate level) and maybe a level 4-6 apprentice if they really want to follow someone. You don't have to start them out at level 1 if you want a high powered campaign like that.

Sigh. :p It was just an example showing what I think that was a big problem with the OCR. Instead of 'Battle of Geonosis' read 'Attack to the Stormtrooper Bathroom', okiday? ;)

5. RebelDreamJedi

RebelDreamJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2003
    Ha!!! I figured that out before I read this post, since I've been reading the core rulebook. So now i just have to figure out some way of discovering this before I end up fighting a Dark Jedi or something. It's the "Imitation Lightsaber" from "Shadows on Coruscant."

I'm thinking either a fencing match to make sure I haven't gotten rusty... or practicing with a remote. Either one with shut that thing down and make my character never use it again. I think the first time I use it it should be obvious that it doesn't cut through things as well; the damage is reduced.

P.S. Vash, the "Exalted Master Jedi" had told me OOC back when I posted that about taking it apart that taking it apart would do no good. He said the only way I would figure it out was to actually use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.